Author Topic: Teamwouding on the EU servers compared to US servers  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Teamwouding on the EU servers compared to US servers
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 11:33:03 pm »
There should be a gold penalty if anything for team hitting and killing.

A single team hit costs 50g.

A team kill is 10g X Character Level Killed (10g for a lvl 1, 300g for a lvl 30)

That way if you hit someone you will lose 50g, if you kill them you will lose more.

300g is right in the realm of an item repair and shouldn't break any ones bank but be enough of an incentive to not swarm enemies for kills and swing like the mentally challenged internet gamers you all are.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 11:43:52 pm »
No. Mirror damage looks idiotic. Though maybe it could help for some people (retards still shooting in melee combats more than one year after the freaking release).

I'd be for paying when you do team damage. Just like this for example :

A team kill is 10g X Character Level Killed (10g for a lvl 1, 300g for a lvl 30)

That way if you hit someone you will lose 50g, if you kill them you will lose more.

300g is right in the realm of an item repair and shouldn't break any ones bank but be enough of an incentive to not swarm enemies for kills and swing like the mentally challenged internet gamers you all are.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 12:10:07 am »
Well they have mirror dmg on the NA seige server i geuss NA stands for north america?? anyways they have mirror dmg their go check for yourself
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Kingswat

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 12:32:52 am »
All mirror damage will do is encourage dueling.  I'll be damned if I am going to hop in to a fight when it's 1 vs 1.  I will just wait until my teamate dies so i don't risk getting hurt.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 11:17:51 am »
Use a longer weapon in clusterfuck, don't go for a kill when 5 teamates are already banging one guy, problem solved !!!
If it's your way of playing that induce TK, you said so yourself, change it .
The problem is when I am the first/second man there and then 3 more arrive to "help" or someone is trying to snipe at the surrounded enemy from 100 meters away.

Not to mention the dangers of 2 people getting stunned right in the frontlines.
If you're getting TKed a lot, it might be your playstyle that's to blame.
My greater problem is with ranged people who shoot into melee. If I see some careless swinger around me I try to move out of the way - I want to win the frame, I do not care who gets the final strike on the guy. I cannot move out of the way of the "friendly" archer/xbow/thrower, especially if he is standing on top of a roof somewhere and I am not even aware of his trying to shoot into the melee. There are some archers that follow the infantry and act as support. These guys I am aware of their presence and I try to fight with my side to them, so if the opponent backs away for a moment they can get the shot in. This kind of archers are also careful with their shots, but they are rare.

Self damage for ranged weapons can work. It will not stun two people in the front and punish the careless shooter. There is absolutely no excuse for team wounding with a ranged weapon, except for the rare case of a friendly jumping infront of the archer. Ranged troops are not supposed to fine into melee.
Implementing this for melee team wounding is indeed more problematic, but melee friendly damage bother me less. It is also harder to avoid by the nature of it.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »
There already is a punishment for teamwounding built in, it's called you hurt your team's chances for winning the round with means less xp and gold. I say no to mirror damage.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 02:49:44 pm »
No to mirror damage and no to monetary penalties. Like a previous poster noted, this will just cause me to stay out of a fight until it's over because like hell am I going to hurt myself or pay money for someone getting in front of my shots.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:54:02 pm »
....errrrr...."mirror damage" ? Wtf are we playing here ? Some fantasy crap ? Friendly damage return would be the most useless and most stupid thing ever in this mod.....when you hit your teammate - he takes 100% of your damage and he (probably) dies.....there is nothing more to it then this, anything else is just fantasy crap. By killing your teammate you have done more then enough damage to yourself and your team. I wouldnt mind any additional "penalties", as long as they have anything to do with "common sense".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:57:01 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »
I think the setting is only 50% teamdamage
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 03:14:05 pm »
I think the setting is only 50% teamdamage

Yeah, and its......silly.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 04:36:30 pm »
Hmm, in my own private contry mirrow damage means "no damage for me and your damage for you".
So there will be only one wounded fighter and this time it is not the "harmless" bystander.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 04:41:06 pm »
There are several old threads on here about this. Good arguments against mirror damage have been made.

I think it's probably better not to use mirror damage. Team attacks and team kills are annoying, but part of the game.

Just keep remembering it's accidental and if you tk, keep saying 'sry' and all will be fine.  :wink:

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:27 pm »
It´s not realistic , but i think 100% Friendly damage to self and 0% damage to Friendly would be good, because archers would think twice about shooting in melee-fight , and swinging damage your mate would be less , cause they don´t learn from teamwounding.

Now it´s like this :

Archer shooting in melee .... hm .... nobody seen , that i hit my mate ..... no sry said .... just shoot , and shoot .... oh .... another teamhit .... but not a kill  .... must say nothing .... shoot shoot shoot .... ups .... i headshoted my mate .... er .... better say nothing , maybe nobody had seen the direction, from where the shoot comes .... shoot , shoot .... ups ... teamhit .... hm .... shoot shoot ... teamhit ...
Round lost .... MAN ! My melee mates are so bad .... they loose all the time .... shit melees .... why don´t they take a bow ?

Or : Cav player in full speed , targetting an enemy .... he sees a mate comes by and get´s into melee ... but he hold attack and speed ... the enemy and mate turn sides .... ups .... teamkill .... hm .... ok .... i say sry .... next target ... ups .... bumped my mate , and he´s killed by enemy , cause he couldn´t defend .... hm .... say nothing .... next target ... and so on ...

If all this teamdamage would be reflected , it would be much more fun to play for the ones who are cautious with their hits.

One thing : Most of the archers are real good , cav also .... some archers and cav are fantastic , but the few who aren´t , but try , and try , and try are really annoying , and for those a teamdamage-reflect would be really good.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:05:28 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 05:17:34 pm »
Regulating TK/TH with gold penalty would reduce ragepolling and that would be a good thing.  And with my 250K gold currently in my purses, I could offer me my complete team!  :mrgreen:

Regarding mirror damage, there is the problem that, when just killed, a body loses all substance and don't absorb hits: a  blow launched a fraction of a second too late, after the fatal hit, would go through a dead body and could hit a teammate.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 06:05:07 pm »

As I already said this is only possible if Taleworlds do actually patch the feature in that registers damage as such, so we can actually have Assist score and also possibly have a gold fine for team wounding. If they don't then punishing for team wounding is impossible as far as I know, atleast that's what was discussed long ago.