Author Topic: 1h/lancer cav  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
1h/lancer cav
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:19:54 pm »
15/21
1h/pole wpf
5ps
5wm
5shield
7riding
7ath

Now, should I loom a destrier or a arabian, in the future i'll loom them both but which one should I loom first?

Thanks in advance,  :D
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: 1h/lancer cav
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:28:23 pm »
+1
Please god go for destrier , I´ve seen enough arabian warhorses, Also just get 2  LP´s and buy an arabian or Destrier it will be cheaper.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »
+1
Destrier

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:10 pm »
+1
Hmm depends what you prefer. Destrier has decent manouver and durability for 1h action I guess. Wouldn't use it for lancing though... It's just not my cup of tea. If you know how to ride, dodge arrows n' shit I'd go for arabian. It's a beast when it's champion. Just look how Royanss plays 1h cav with it and how Oberyn or TomMyYYy own everyone with lance. Yes they all use the Arabian warhorse. Coincidence? I don't think so.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:08:57 pm »
+1
yeah get arabian if you enjoy getting your 1500 repair horse 2 shotted by every ranged

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »
+1
i tried  stf 1h cav and it is pretty hard with arabian warhorse,because archers never shoot horsman but always a horse.
So if you aren't skilled enough your pony will die a lot.
I would loom mamluk horse or cataphract horse,or any other heavy horse because you can bump aware ppl and attack aware archers without fear of loosing horse.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 02:22:15 pm »
I can play 1h cav with arabian fairly good and it's fun but i like the durabilty of the Destrier i'll most likely go for destrier first.  :) ill think about it a few times though.. Decisions decisions..
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 02:57:25 pm »
+1
I would loom mamluk horse or cataphract horse,or any other heavy horse because you can bump aware ppl and attack aware archers without fear of loosing horse.
I once took Chases +3 mamluk or cataphract (when he was 1h cav) after he died on the battlefiled. The bump damage of these horses is immense and you will get a lot of kills with just bumping people. If you have the money and want to loom a horse I would definitely choose one of them.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »
I once took Chases +3 mamluk or cataphract (when he was 1h cav) after he died on the battlefiled. The bump damage of these horses is immense and you will get a lot of kills with just bumping people. If you have the money and want to loom a horse I would definitely choose one of them.
i wouldve done so IF i had the money to pay the upkeep.. But i dont, i sometimes use one when im on a multiplier but otherwise i just use the cheaper horses.. Which is more frequent.. Ive gotten like 100/140k gold max ^^

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 07:07:10 pm »
+1
If you're going 21 agility/7 riding, then it's a no brainer to pick up the arabian.  It's the best horse in the game, but most people aren't willing to go 21 agility/7 riding to be able to ride it.  At +3 it's all the better.

I think the Destrier is the 2nd best horse at +3 because it has still pretty good speed at 44, and is a beast.  Also only needing 15 agility is one of the biggest pro's about it.  Coursers are my 3rd favorite overall, but I think as cav vs cav they are the best because people aren't going to be able to run you down.  Requiring 18 agility is why they they are lower than destriers for me.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »
+1
Yeah, if you want to focus on a Destrier, you don't really need more than 5 riding, and would be better with more PS and IF to play like medium cav, soaking up arrows and some melee hits to get kills.  Its a tanky horse, but if you aren't a tanky character, you will get 1-2 shot by ranged and rarely outlive your horse.  You often won't get full speed bonus either because of lower horse maneuver, so higher PS pays off.  I usually did 21/15 hybrids to 1hand/lance with a Destrier.

With a low strength, no IF build, an Arabian would be better because the idea is to rarely get hit by anything.  You'll do more damage with lower powerstrike overall.  Its much less forgiving of mistakes though, and until you become a good horseman you will find yourself dying to ranged often.  At least it'll make you get good fast!

I never went over 4 shield either, just to use the elite cav shield.  Often did 3 WM as well, to do 110 1hand 80 polearms.  Not ideal for melee, but just fine for mounted combat.  The extra points should go in IF, because ranged attacks hurt really bad when you're riding towards them.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 12:31:09 pm »
I see, from what i've read and the time i've spent thinking it over I will probably go for the arabian, I just enjoy riding it alot and it's extremely effective, arrow dodging is going pretty good atm, unless there's a bagge or a mercher in the other team with deadly accuracy.. Thanks for the help lads, helped me loads with making my choice.  :D

130k till retirement!  8-)

i'll be there at around
chadztime™