Author Topic: Unban request for Hannibal_Lecter + report of admin RandomDude  (Read 1407 times)

Kulin_ban

Unban request for Hannibal_Lecter + report of admin RandomDude
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »
Hannibal_Lecter was banned around 30 minutes ago by RandomDude for 1 day because of "leeching" on EU2. His alleged leeching is something that I have not seen for myself, as hannibal helped us win the last couple of rounds.

I would also like to report RandomDude for double standards when it comes to doing his duty as admin.

Namely, just one map earlier, same admin saw Wombacher_HRE being afk for 10 seconds and he used admin text to warn his other clan members on server to warn him to not be afk anymore.

However, my clanmember was never warned, but apparently RandomDude waited for him to leech for 2 rounds so he could ban him for a whole day.

Logs can confirm all of this if necessary.

As our clan is bunch of randomers without a clan tag, it looks to me like a clear case of an admin not giving a shit about some no-name randomer, but favoring clanners.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Unban request for Hannibal_Lecter + report of admin RandomDude
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 02:12:53 pm »
I don't think you know what you're talking about when you say "logs can confirm everything".

Admins havent been able to access the logs for some time as far as I know.

I saw hannibal on a random rooftop in the previous map, doing nothing for the rest of the round. Round ended and new map started. Hannibal fought Asepl and shot him underwater, then he stayed under the bridge in the water for the entire round, doing nothing until I decided enough was enough, and banned him.

If I warn a player with pink text, all players should take note, not just that one. Since I started playing cRPG a bit more, Ive seen a lot of leeching going on and it's not really cool.

Players should go into spec if they want a rest.

Sometimes, people have to rush off for whatever reason and they may be kicked/banned. If they have a good reason they had to go then it's np to revoke the punishment.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 02:44:57 pm »
Hannibal_Lecter's 10th ban.

6 of which are for leeching.

Offline Loukkaavaanimi

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 03:10:44 pm »
I believe leeching is something this "Hannibal_Lecter" does a lot. I QMLed him twice out of the game in siege yesterday.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »
He was banned yesterday in eu_2 by Unreal for kicking a teammate down a wall, out of thin air.

He should rethink his view of the game.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 03:57:30 pm »
How could Moderat confirm Hanibal wasnt leeching when by your own admission, he isnt contactable by you apart from in game? Moderat was nowhere near Hannibal when i banned him, I confirmed his location with show names.

If id checked hanibals history I would of banned him earlier maybe.

You have a biased slant with your replies. Im not a perfect admin and Im not always consistent with whether I warn, kick or ban.

I did take on board your objections and I try to avoid biased where I can. I can only go off players behaviour tho.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »
I actually like RandomDudes way of handling things... one warning and if you didnt read/care - off you go.

Rules are widely spread and known. And if he had to piss - suck it up till you die and go then. Phone rings - spectate. Doorbell - spectate. Mummy shouts - run for the enemy and die.

There is no good reason to stop in the middle of the round and be afk - none. In my eyes there is no need for a warning. Common known rule - warrants a ban. End of story.

GO DUDE GO! *CHEER*  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Natty Bumppo

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 04:30:00 pm »
Our Admin saw that i was under bridge, although I had weapon (bow and arrows) and i was watching Asepl because i wanted to kill him. I'm archer and i couldn't take Big Sword and rush to him like heroes of Middle Centuries. Therefore i waited.
But Admin's purpose — ban, because he is Admin, even if i had weapon and i didn't stood without move.
What does he care about place of my play? If i want, i play on a wall, if i want, i play under bridge.
It is NOT «strategus battle» where everybody plays under commander, if you cannot understand.
When necessary admin doesn't see real leeching, but he can see something that seems to him like leeching, and he can give ban for it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:40:31 pm by Natty Bumppo »
I'm fear of the dark...

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »
Our Admin saw that i was under bridge, although I had weapon (bow and arrows) and i was watching Asepl because i wanted to kill him. I'm archer and i couldn't take Big Sword and rush to him like heroes of Middle Centuries. Therefore i waited.
But Admin's purpose — ban, because he is Admin, even if i had weapon and i didn't stood without move.
What does he care about place of my play? If i want, i play on a wall, if i want, i play under bridge.
It is NOT «strategus battle» where everybody plays under commander, if you cannot understand.
When necessary admin doesn't see real leeching, but he can see something that seems to him like leeching, and he can give ban for it.

Ha no. I watched you kill Asepl and then you just remained there the entire round until I decided enough was enough.

Going afk for a bit is one thing - i get it and i rarely ban for that. Seeking out places to hide and leech is a different matter.

That's another issue that seperates hannibal from the hre guy.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 03:28:25 am »
Kulin, you said "To me it looks like you hoped he would be afk long enough to warrant a ban."
But then you gotta see this from the other perspective: Maybe he just waited for him to "come back", so he would not need to punish him/to give him a chance?

Sorry for posting in this topic, I just needed to add this to the discussion. ;)
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulmarth_Mad_Haggis
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »
Sorry but how is Random sposed to warn a clan that dosent wear tags.

PS good job Random love ur style of admining. I QMLed this guy over several days a while back.

Kind regards

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 01:08:19 pm »
If you want someone unbanned, have him post an unban request.

If you have a problem with an admin, post that in his feedback thread.