Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 112653 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2014, 02:12:39 am »
Everybody cares.
Turtles

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2014, 02:22:28 am »
A year ago, I was trying so hard to explain Berenger why SC is such glorious concept. All the time he was, nah man that shit's boring, CoD all the way. Now when they got over 35 million dollar and every gaming newspaper is mentioning Star Citizen on monthly basis, he's suddenly interested...

I'll sell my own package if he buys one.

Not interested yet. Not unless there's some kind of FPS element to it as in boarding enemy ships and then engage them in combat. The possible dogfights between spaceships and such i could be without.
If Star Wars Battlefront 4 gets released and they include an upgraded version of the space battles (where you could board the enemy cruisers then i'd definitely get that 1).

Needs more to convince me than ''THIS WILL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF PC GAMING'' and dogfights in space.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2369
  • Infamy: 2336
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2014, 02:32:13 am »
+1
boarding with fps elements check
magnetic boots and fighting on hull check
melee weapons check
hacking and overclocking check
battlefield like pvp on lawless planets check
buggy racing check

Well, not yet ingame but definately planned.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2014, 02:54:38 am »
boarding with fps elements check
magnetic boots and fighting on hull check
melee weapons check
hacking and overclocking check
battlefield like pvp on lawless planets check
buggy racing check

Well, not yet ingame but definately planned.
in-game cup holders for spaceships?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2014, 03:01:09 am »
+2
Check.
Turtles

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49:17 am »
What I like and what im looking forward to in SC, is the immersion factor, which can be achieved through high definition graphics plus insane ammount of freedom for the  gameplay in an open universe with good trading, socializing and exploring. Great fighting and combat mechanics will hopefully be there aswell, though i really dislike if (and that) people have to reduce the game (and games in general) to that.
What people expect and what has been promised, is a Space-Sim, not a Space-Shooter .. and thats what i want ... a life-in space-game with 2nd-life components. And this is also the big challenge for the game ... fuck 24/7 PvP/PvE combat grinding for angry killer-kids.
If this game can manage to deliver the broad experiance for a sci-fi community with more interrests than simple space-shooters, then it will change gaming, if not, LordBerenger is possibly right and we are possibly better off with SWBF4
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:06:35 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2014, 12:04:09 pm »
What I like and what im looking forward to in SC, is the immersion factor, which can be achieved through high definition graphics plus insane ammount of freedom for the  gameplay in an open universe with good trading, socializing and exploring. Great fighting and combat mechanics will hopefully be there aswell, though i really dislike if (and that) people have to reduce the game (and games in general) to that.
What people expect and what has been promised, is a Space-Sim, not a Space-Shooter .. and thats what i want ... a life-in space-game with 2nd-life components. And this is also the big challenge for the game ... fuck 24/7 PvP/PvE combat grinding for angry killer-kids.
If this game can manage to deliver the broad experiance for a sci-fi community with more interrests than simple space-shooters, then it will change gaming, if not, LordBerenger is possibly right and we are possibly better off with SWBF4

U want Second Life in speisss?

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2014, 12:41:26 pm »

U want Second Life in speisss?
well ... its actually, what i want for SC to be, yes ... not necessecarily for myself and my life, in a way ... i wont start discussing matters of escapism and transhumanism in context of what i want for myself or mankind ... yet, i am sort of fascinated by possible implications and future evolution of gaming and the game industry that surround SC in my head, making it an interresting experiment of what might possibly be the next step ... another space-shooter is not really interresting to me. Be it on a crowd-funding or propreitary base.
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06:39 pm »
+1
The world has been lacking a good dogfighting game for more than ten years. It's about time.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »
Have you guys formed a guild already? I know the game is not there yet, but, it might be cool to hang around together ..

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2014, 01:21:49 pm »
Have you guys formed a guild already? I know the game is not there yet, but, it might be cool to hang around together ..
It's not possible to form guilds yet but the "organization module" will be out this January.  For further information watch the question starting around the 5 minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTGLx6EFh0#t=1603

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2014, 05:53:08 pm »
+1

You will see Eve-like politics, without the crappy Eve-like physics, fighting, and offline "leveling".
You don't have to fight. You can be a miner, explorer, economist/market whore, etc.

Also:
Hyperlanes were routes through space in which a spaceship could safely travel without colliding with a body in space, or some other phenomenon such as a black hole.[1] There were about eight major routes in the galaxy, with hundreds of secondary routes and thousands of minor ones. Scouting new hyperspace routes was an incredibly dangerous task for an explorer.

Check. There will be a ton of things for an explorer to do, even in "known" systems like looking for asteroid clusters, ship wrecks, etc. that you can then sell to people to earn your cash in addition to the lucrative spacelanes that will be very dangerous to attempt unless you have the route from a previous explorer.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/88860/sol-navy-is-recruiting
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2014, 07:45:28 pm »
sooo we´re all joining SOL now?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2014, 12:41:57 am »
sooo we´re all joining SOL now?

One thing to keep in mind, the way the server will be handling such a large universe, there will be one master server handling coordination, and then several local servers around the world. You should be able to see anyone in that sector, unless there are too many for one area. In that case, it starts instancing. It will try to group you based upon a number of factors such as whether you have friends there, whether anyone designated as your enemy is there, and ping. SOL is primarily an NA playerbase (though we do have a Swede and players who travel out of country fairly regularly). You are able to override ping as a factor if you check that box, and it will always group you with your friends and enemies. However, you may need to deal with a high ping if playing from Europe, which as you know is bad enough in M&B, so imagine how it might be in a space shooter and FPS.

With that out of the way, you guys are welcome to apply. (Don't forget to check "not a douchebag"  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:11 pm »