Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 112677 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #660 on: February 15, 2015, 03:08:21 am »
Before:
Only way to get new guns in the virtual dogfighting module was to spend real time money.
(Since there is no ingame universe to make/build/trade/buy with ingame currency)

What they announced:
Buy new guns for real money, same as before.
OR
Play the virtual dogfighting arena and gain virtual credits to rent weapons/ships/equipment.

Sorry, but how exactly is this P2W? The previous model was P2W, but not the finished game.

New system will still not be the finished game, but they've added it so that you DON'T need to pay real money to gain new stuff. How the fuck is that MORE P2W?

Xant, you've been following this game for less than a year when you've seen hype train around it. You literally know nothing about this game development. I'm following it on daily basis for two years and a half, I'm qualified enough to notice certain behavior they are showing and it is going to only get worse.
Sorry Leshma, but we all know you're not even qualified to tie your shoelaces :/
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #661 on: February 15, 2015, 03:15:33 am »
Yeah that's not light pay2win, that's just absurd. I remember the shittiest P2W F2P games from Asia doing that and I seriously despised it.

I am with Vibe on the renting topic
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 1261
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 15, 2015, 03:19:44 am »
[New system will still not be the finished game, but they've added it so that you DON'T need to pay real money to gain new stuff. How the fuck is that MORE P2W?

It isn't. It was full retard P2W, now will be light version. You should know that original idea was to stop with crowdfuding awhile ago but they can't let money flow to stop, it is too lucrative. They should stop it and just sell cosmetics like decent F2P games do.

Point is, introduction of game credits you can earn and buy gear should put the P2W rumours down once for all. But their greed doesn't allow them to do such a thing. And it will polarize community even more and game critics will talk negative of this decision.

Sorry Leshma, but we all know you're not even qualified to tie your shoelaces :/

Is that the best you can do? Ad hominem attacks are last refuge for those who aren't able to keep discussion going as Xant presented in his first reply to my comment on this subject.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:23:55 am by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1739
  • Infamy: 2748
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 15, 2015, 03:44:22 am »
Quote from: FRANK THE TANK
OP I owe you a beer I couldn't agree with you more if I was in fact you.

Pay walling testing and claiming that it will reduce exploits is... Amazing... I hate being a rude douche lord but that's some incredibly illogical nonsense. The fastest way to highlight problems is to allow us to break the game over and over again and allow us to hunt exploits down and drag them kicking and screaming out into the light of day. Not limiting our ability to have access to the game.

This is a real kick to the old confidence. I'm now dreading a potbs type hull insurance mechanic that just ruins the game by incentivising zero upgraded zerging :/

I was really looking forward to the AC update and being able to slowly use all the gear and ships. This is just damn foolish.

Also now I'm even more concerned with what AC will become in the PU.

Only time will tell.

----

Disclosure

I'm around 400$ deep.

Totally agree.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #664 on: February 15, 2015, 03:54:27 am »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 15, 2015, 03:59:39 am »
It isn't. It was full retard P2W, now will be light version. You should know that original idea was to stop with crowdfuding awhile ago but they can't let money flow to stop, it is too lucrative. They should stop it and just sell cosmetics like decent F2P games do.
Why the fuck should they have stopped crowdfunding? That'd mean lots of people who weren't able to pledge the first time around would never have gotten to play. Retarded argument.

Point is, introduction of game credits you can earn and buy gear should put the P2W rumours down once for all. But their greed doesn't allow them to do such a thing. And it will polarize community even more and game critics will talk negative of this decision.

So you basically don't understand how RECs work. Who cares if an alpha testing MODULE is "p2w"? Let people pay to win a laggy, bugged, unfinished separate module of Star Citizen. Everyone benefits. Except now you can also get stuff by just playing.

Is that the best you can do? Ad hominem attacks are last refuge for those who aren't able to keep discussion going as Xant presented in his first reply to my comment on this subject.
That wasn't an ad hominem attack, idiot.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1887
  • Infamy: 2050
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 15, 2015, 04:05:57 am »
Why the fuck should they have stopped crowdfunding? That'd mean lots of people who weren't able to pledge the first time around would never have gotten to play. Retarded argument.

They could buy the game on release. Can you buy Melee: Battlegrounds licence?

So you basically don't understand how RECs work. Who cares if an alpha testing MODULE is "p2w"?

It is not alpha testing MODULE. AC version is beyond v1.0 which is considered as final. Game should be finished November 2014.

Except now you can also get stuff by just playing.

rent stuff

That wasn't an ad hominem attack, idiot.

If you called me an idiot in person I would rip your face off and none of your "superior fighting and survival skills" could help you there.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:12:24 am by Leshma »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 15, 2015, 04:12:03 am »
They could buy the game on release. Can you buy Melee: Battlegrounds licence?
Or... I could buy the game now, be able to play now, and CIG would get more money for development?

It is not alpha testing MODULE. AC version is beyond v1.0 which is considered as final. Game should be finished November 2014.
Hahah, good god you're retarded. Yes, it's a fucking alpha, you idiot. Almost everything is still a placeholder. You again prove you have no idea what you're talking about, despite your "omg ive followed development"

rent stuff
Yes, which you can easily keep if you keep playing.

If you called me an idiot in person I would rip your face off and none of your "superior fighting and survival skills" could help you there.
I'm so afraid of trannies.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #668 on: February 15, 2015, 09:24:32 am »
+3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 15, 2015, 11:27:15 am »
chadz is reminding me more and more of Chris Roberts as time goes by. Only missing 72 million dollars obtained though crowdfunding scam campaign.

Leshma's new personality seems to be very depressed and cynical, the world is an evil place and everyone is an evil scammer.  :cry:
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1045
  • Infamy: 925
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 15, 2015, 01:47:38 pm »
It's the grandeur ideas that chadz seem to have just like Roberts, and in cases of both developers results are far off the promises they make. Molyneux virus is spreading among game devs.

Have you seen new game by Illfonic? (dev team behind FPS module and previously open source FPS Nexuiz) They are making medieval survival horror MMO (wonder if Lovecraft's family gets any dime when these clowns take ideas from his books and use them in video game) . But there is no game, just bunch of nicely formatted text on a dandy looking website (Crowfall). They'll start with one room and then make a game out of it if enough funds come. But they need money to make a room also. Fucking disgrace.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #671 on: February 15, 2015, 04:55:23 pm »
It's the grandeur ideas that chadz seem to have just like Roberts, and in cases of both developers results are far off the promises they make. Molyneux virus is spreading among game devs.

Have you seen new game by Illfonic? (dev team behind FPS module and previously open source FPS Nexuiz) They are making medieval survival horror MMO (wonder if Lovecraft's family gets any dime when these clowns take ideas from his books and use them in video game) . But there is no game, just bunch of nicely formatted text on a dandy looking website (Crowfall). They'll start with one room and then make a game out of it if enough funds come. But they need money to make a room also. Fucking disgrace.

Some of Lovecraft is in public domain. Most of his famous stories are not.

Anyhoo, continue.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2015, 02:44:34 am »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 16, 2015, 08:54:14 am »
Time limited items are horseshit regardless of the reasons behind it. Especially if this timer keeps ticking when you're offline.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:53 am »
Time limited items are horseshit regardless of the reasons behind it. Especially if this timer keeps ticking when you're offline.
How are they horseshit? Did you read the link I pasted in my last post? It was never in their plans to let people have everything for free just by playing in alpha Arena Commander, yet they're doing it. It's like complaining that the gift horse has two teeth missing.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.