Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 132683 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2014, 01:32:44 am »
I feel... tempted. To buy a bigger ship. But I assume I will have the most fun doing the whole rags to riches thing.

That's why I got the Origin 325a for its expanded weapons loadout and custom weapons system and a slightly better shield. I felt better getting the weapons package without blowing a whole lot more money on a larger ship. I think that the power plant might also be a bit better than the 300i, but not as big as the 315p.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:36:31 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 776
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2014, 01:33:23 am »
+1
I feel... tempted. To buy a bigger ship. But I assume I will have the most fun doing the whole rags to riches thing.

Me too. But AC isn't appealing enough for me to shell out extra cash. Looking forward to FPS portion, to see what Illfonic has been doing. Expect graphically superior version of Tribes.

Star Citizen is many things. Space combat, while being essential, is just a portion of gameplay.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2014, 03:51:55 am »
+3
If these ships are super easy to get ingame I will laugh at all the people who wasted their money.

If these ships are impossible to get ingame I will not play the game, and likely no one else will. So people will have wasted their money on a p2w game.

If these ships are reasonable to get ingame I will enjoying my version of the game with more content than the backers who have wasted money opting out of said content.

Either scenario backing is a terrible idea, and thats excluding all sorts of scenarios like the game is terrible etc. but thanks for funding the game for me.

edit: tempted to post this on official forums just to enjoy lots of death threats.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:55:44 am by Banok »

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2014, 04:27:09 am »
+4
Either scenario backing is a terrible idea, and thats excluding all sorts of scenarios like the game is terrible etc. but thanks for funding the game for me.

I backed it to show my support for what they're trying to do. I haven't even tried the hangar or dogfighting module because I only really care about how the open world RPG element aspects of it will be fleshed out. When it comes out I would have saved a handful of bucks along with a few perks and if it ends up being a piece of shit then oh well, it's only money. I don't think at that point I would care about $40 I spent 1-2 years ago. Same thing goes for Melee Battlegrounds.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 09, 2014, 10:24:39 am »
i cant wait for this. i refuse to play arena cmd. im not playing untill all planned content is done, may take years, idc. many other games to play, np :)

only thing i fear about it is that it wont be big enough world wise. i fear it will lack the feeling "waste space" like we experienced in elite games and eve online

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1291
  • Infamy: 1809
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 09, 2014, 04:10:25 pm »
It certainly won't be big like in EVE or Elite but it will be big enough. Hundred star systems, each with 3 or 4 planets and same number of locations to visit per system is more than enough to occupy me for quite some time.

Elite might score a huge win if they manage to pull off procedurally generated worlds. EVE isn't comparable because it is just like Elite in current state, bunch of copy-paste space stations and locations. No use of vast space if every location you visit is the same. Had same feeling in Mount&Blade as well and I kinda dig it that Taleworlds will work on variety for Bannerlord.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 09, 2014, 05:11:42 pm »
I backed it to show my support for what they're trying to do. I haven't even tried the hangar or dogfighting module because I only really care about how the open world RPG element aspects of it will be fleshed out. When it comes out I would have saved a handful of bucks along with a few perks and if it ends up being a piece of shit then oh well, it's only money. I don't think at that point I would care about $40 I spent 1-2 years ago. Same thing goes for Melee Battlegrounds.

That seriously fair enough, but the impression I get is that your mentality is the exception not the rule. Everytime I glanced at forums people are whining about thier ships stats being nerfed, the ones for the game they havent played yet. And people are like recomending new comers to buy ship X or Y etc.

I can't blame CIG for promoting this mentality, its making them litterally millions. And I shouldn't complain since its great for the game, but it gets on my nerves.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #472 on: June 09, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »
+6
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #473 on: June 09, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »
If these ships are super easy to get ingame I will laugh at all the people who wasted their money.

If these ships are impossible to get ingame I will not play the game, and likely no one else will. So people will have wasted their money on a p2w game.

If these ships are reasonable to get ingame I will enjoying my version of the game with more content than the backers who have wasted money opting out of said content.

edit: tempted to post this on official forums just to enjoy lots of death threats.

Then don't play. You could easily find answers to your questions about the game by doing some good ol' fashion reading. I'm very skeptical about giving my money to companies that have not even produced the game yet, but all my concerns were answered in detail which made my decision to pledge a no brainer.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2014, 06:50:44 pm »
+1

You aren't skipping any content, so I don't know where you got that idea.

Here is a fact of life. Some people have more time than money and some people have more money than time. Life's struggle is a constant effort to balance that equation.
From your thoughts, it appears that you are a more time than money type of guy and that is great. But others, we have more money than time, at least on a relative basis and so are more than happy to throw our money at a company that promises to make the gaming universe we want to be in. If cash gets us the ability to have a capitol ship without "grinding" then great. Which leads to another point. The universe.
If you want to walk right into the universe as it is imagined, you need people already at the different levels of politics, navies, economics, piracy, etc. If you don't, you end up with a world or a server that "grows up" organically as so many MMO's do as start out with nothing and then has to go through a birthing process for player politics and economy and other structures that arise in a gaming community. That is fine for some games not to be full grown at launch, but not this one.
In this case, capitol ships wouldn't even exist until much later in the life of the universe of they are sufficiently difficult to obtain. That just isn't acceptable. You have to both make them available from the start and make them difficult to obtain at the same time. Money is a perfect way to obtain that balance. They need it to even come close to their ambition for this project, and people have varying amounts of it to spend and the more expensive something is, the fewer people can afford it. Perfect solution even if the 'more time than money' people aren't ever going to be happy with it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2589
  • Infamy: 960
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2014, 07:22:00 pm »
New build features multiplayer for select 250 players, but it's horribly broken for some people (graphical glitches everywhere). They also tweaked flight system a bit, now it's harder to turn around and impossible to stop instantly. Ships still seem like they are standing still from 1st person perspective. Hopefully bumping speeds 2-3 times will fix this issue and some other issues with flight system.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #477 on: June 21, 2014, 04:44:53 pm »
+3
I'll be using this

Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #478 on: June 21, 2014, 04:47:09 pm »
Competition Pro best joystick for C64!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »
+1
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"