Author Topic: ULTIMATE PING THREAD. Post here if you have conectivity issues  (Read 22119 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: ULTIMATE PING THREAD. Post here if you have conectivity issues
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2012, 12:54:04 am »
5 pages of discussion, and no answers/solution from the devs.... :evil:

Without them coming to your house and looking at all the devices you use on your network, along with all network traffic, plus concurrent monitoring of multiple external servers on different network paths, what really do you believe that they can do? While there may be 5 pages here, this is still a minority and very likely that maybe 5% of you have the same cause and as a large number of us don't have issues with c-rpg ping increasing, it leads me to believe that you have a local problem that c-rpg dev's can't help you with.

Easy example. Do you use Steam? Do you have ALL of your games set to Do not Automatically Update? No? Well when Steam starts updating in the background, your ping WILL go up until it finishes, which could be hours with big update. The list can go on and on and on.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »
Without them coming to your house and looking at all the devices you use on your network, along with all network traffic, plus concurrent monitoring of multiple external servers on different network paths, what really do you believe that they can do? While there may be 5 pages here, this is still a minority and very likely that maybe 5% of you have the same cause and as a large number of us don't have issues with c-rpg ping increasing, it leads me to believe that you have a local problem that c-rpg dev's can't help you with.

Easy example. Do you use Steam? Do you have ALL of your games set to Do not Automatically Update? No? Well when Steam starts updating in the background, your ping WILL go up until it finishes, which could be hours with big update. The list can go on and on and on.

Just for the steam, dunno if its settings, but it NEVER updates once i got some game running. If you got steam on and do not add the launcher in it, this could be the cause.

For me, it gets fixed almost everytime by rebooting of router and/or modem. Seems like someone on my line likes torrents and once the router goes on for few days, it gets somewhat stuck. I see like 8-10 clients connected and i have shit ping. Then reset, only two or three clients (as it should be) and ping is OK.

Once or twice this didnt worked, but it was another issue on side of my ISP.  8-)

(i am IT guy, but my field of expertise is not networking, not even windows, so...sorry if i sound stupid :))

So everytime you got problems, if it is not like 24/7, try restart router/modem.

Offline Bozdag

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • i fight for wine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Bozdag, Merlot(ALT)
  • IRC nick: Bozdag
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2012, 01:39:12 pm »
Like TTNet customer service :D

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2012, 05:10:13 pm »
+1
Just for the steam, dunno if its settings, but it NEVER updates once i got some game running. If you got steam on and do not add the launcher in it, this could be the cause.

For me, it gets fixed almost everytime by rebooting of router and/or modem. Seems like someone on my line likes torrents and once the router goes on for few days, it gets somewhat stuck. I see like 8-10 clients connected and i have shit ping. Then reset, only two or three clients (as it should be) and ping is OK.

Once or twice this didnt worked, but it was another issue on side of my ISP.  8-)

(i am IT guy, but my field of expertise is not networking, not even windows, so...sorry if i sound stupid :))

So everytime you got problems, if it is not like 24/7, try restart router/modem.

Yeah, that's my point Cepeshi, most of the time it is on the client end and many people are not technically proficient enough to figure out what their problem is. Instead they go the gaming forums of whatever they are trying to play and demand that those developers do something about the network issues. It would be like telling your mother that she needs to fix your problem because you always get dropped calls when talking to her.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »
+3
I see ur points grandpappy,but youre not hellping at all,if u luckily not part of the so called 5% by u(numbers out the ass?specially when u seem to be Na admin and probably u dont play too much on eu isnt it?......5%.....Lol....) then congrats,but i can assure u,as i been checking this for months and talking to players about this,that there is some ping issues for lots of people with different connections and different countries at the same times and hours of the day. Not mattering if they have 10mb broadband, 50mb broadband, adsl, cable,etc .

At first post there is a tracer test that shows some nodes having problems.If u connect by that node ur ping its increased. I dont have any steam or antivirus running on background,no updates,nothing at all and i still can have the problem at those times, and at that same time i can see people that have normal ping usually having like 100+ ping on the same servers so ur point its invalid,and really unsolidary. Maybe theres a minor percentage of people that has this kind of problems cause they are running programs on the background or cause any hardware or software they use its not well configurated,but were not talking bout this. There is a big difference in playing this game with 115-120 ish ping and playing it with 80-90.U may or may not noticed it,but if u dont experience this problem help or kindly get out of the way ,thank u.

What i mean its that u would be right on some of the supossitions u do if u know exactly what we are talking about, but this thread its not about: i have laggz helpz me out coz i dont know nothing bout internetz. Its about players that had been playing this for long with normal pings and from long time ago they notice big pings spikes or just big ping increases at certain points of the day lasting for hours with the exact configuration and connection they used to use when they had normal ping,sistematically and with no background bandwith use.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:50:38 pm by BD_SUPERBEAST »

Offline SanGliers_Hautecourt

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Montjoie ! Saint-Denis !
    • View Profile
    • Clan Ordre De l'Etoile
  • Faction: Ordre De l'Etoile
  • Game nicks: Guilhem_Du_Languedoc / Petitjean/Roger le boucher
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:31 pm »
+1
Its about players that had been playing this for long with normal pings and from long time ago they notice big pings spikes or just big ping increases at certain points of the day lasting for hours with the exact configuration and connection they used to use when they had normal ping,sistematically and with no background bandwith use.
that's it, that's all. thanks superbeast :wink:
Trompe la mort et les maris

Offline oerput

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • cuckold
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Gooseberry
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
my shitty ping is back after 2 weeks of normality. fuck it and fuck this mod. btw NA admin; we are not some retarded children. most people playing this mod are nerds or atleast know what might cause lag or not

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2012, 06:06:38 am »
my shitty ping is back after 2 weeks of normality. fuck it and fuck this mod. btw NA admin; we are not some retarded children. most people playing this mod are nerds or atleast know what might cause lag or not

No, a few people do. The rest go "Omg me too! The exact same thing!" when usually, no, no it isn't the exact same thing. But carry on.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »
Got 86 ping on EU1, other servers 120, hard to play but still can pown many ppl :P imagine  me with 30 ping!!!!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2012, 05:24:41 pm »
My ping raised in every EU server from 50 to 90+. Not sure if a node problem still sucks, can't play decently, not only due to the ping, but mostly for the constant in-game lag.

It's now at 110... cool.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:06:33 pm by karasu »

Offline Bozdag

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • i fight for wine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Bozdag, Merlot(ALT)
  • IRC nick: Bozdag
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »
+1
it's over i won't play mod anymore. ha - you guys do not care i don't care either too native is good for me :)

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 05:34:02 pm »
+2
180+ ping since day 2 of january. Funny thing is i have 190 on Na servers.  70-90 on native and other games. Done with it.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2013, 07:01:59 am »
Been having similar problems the last month or two, on and off, never had so before and don't have it any other games (not that I really play many others though but in the few I have there's hasn't been any issues), when browsing, downloading or in speedtests. Have tried calling my isp several times but so far they haven't been able to help. Really takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the game even to the point where it's unplayable.

Not denying the problem may very well be on my end somehow (between me and the server rather) just wish I knew where.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 01:54:19 pm »
Thought id throw in there that my ping has been fucked for weeks. Used to be 40-60 but its been 100+ for weeks. Curiously EU4 is normal ping.

I stopped playing because of this.