Author Topic: Supply and Demand suggestion  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
Supply and Demand suggestion
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »
+3
Instead of an S&D value, change S&D so each fief has separate Supply and Demand values.  By selling in a fief it's Supply increases and Demand decreases.  Buy from a fief and it's Demand increases and Supply decreases.  Remove the fixed prices for goods and have the buy/sell price based on the current Supply and Demand values. 

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Supply and Demand suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:12:45 pm »
I don't understand a thing of this so I guess it belongs to the strategus part of the forums

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:07 pm »
+1
I don't understand a thing of this so I guess it belongs to the strategus part of the forums

It does.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:16:50 pm »
There's no specific forum section for Strategus suggestions so I posted here but if that was the wrong place then I would ask a mod to move it to Strategus General. 
thanks

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 10:20:49 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »
Instead of an S&D value, change S&D so each fief has separate Supply and Demand values.  By selling in a fief it's Supply increases and Demand decreases.  Buy from a fief and it's Demand increases and Supply decreases.  Remove the fixed prices for goods and have the buy/sell price based on the current Supply and Demand values.

Will take more organisation in the fiefs to properly exploit it. Aka: carebearblocks will have the upper hand in this vs smaller clans.
Current system gives the small clans a sort of fair chance to trade, new system will make it harder for them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:51:25 pm »
Will take more organisation in the fiefs to properly exploit it. Aka: carebearblocks will have the upper hand in this vs smaller clans.
Current system gives the small clans a sort of fair chance to trade, new system will make it harder for them.

I don't agree with that.  The current system has the big blocks clamping down on trade since it is a zero sum game.  Small guys get shut out of the economy and will stagnate.  They will never have the gold to arm their doods and do anything about it either.

The new system would encourage the small time trader since there is actually a benefit to the fief owner for them showing up to trade rather than it being basically theft like the current system. 

(click to show/hide)
Hardly, lol.  We archers have thick skin.  I just wanted to make sure I posted in a spot where this would get read.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 11:55:47 pm »
I think as long as S&D is limited factions will see it as stealing if someone uses their S&D.

This change will simply make big blocks more efficient since they decide where to drain S to create better D price and such... Small clans will just have to follow the flow which in strat brings you little.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:25 am »
What if there were separate types of goods?  I.E.  A fief will buy Exotic Dancing Donkeys and sell Exotic Cats on a Stick.  That way a fief owner would benefit from a trader bringing in Exotic Dancing Donkeys without having to immediately worry about that same trader draining all the Exotic Cats on a Stick since they will perhaps need to move to a different fief to buy Exotic Pillowpets in order to fulfill their trade route. 

Maybe this wouldn't make a difference, and maybe someone more versed in economics could come up with something better.  However, trade really shouldn't be a drain on the economy, it should increase the economy instead...

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 12:43:43 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Hardly, lol.  We archers have thick skin.

he seems fine, besides his -1 of your post.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 11:27:54 am »

Ehhh... what? How does the current system has any benefits for small clans? Almost all of the big factions closed their borders and the ones how didn't don't have any S&D left. Look at the center of EU map... every place there is down to 0 and will stay there forever.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 01:59:14 pm »
Ehhh... what? How does the current system has any benefits for small clans? Almost all of the big factions closed their borders and the ones how didn't don't have any S&D left. Look at the center of EU map... every place there is down to 0 and will stay there forever.

Im not saying this system benefits them, im saying this suggestion will make it even worse.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »
Im not saying this system benefits them, im saying this suggestion will make it even worse.

Not sure it really could get any worse for the independant trader...  Even if my suggestion is complete garbage someone needs to come up with something that will make large factions encourage trade within their fiefs.  In the real world (fair) trade benefits everyone and it is actively encouraged.  In Strategus, Trade is nothing more than straight up theft. 

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 11:37:50 pm »
How about you are able to set yourself to trader status (for lets say, week minimum?)
While in trader mode you can hire troops for cheap, with basic equipment (medium) ofc relatively more expensive as you try to hire more. You will not be able to carry any equipment and any additional troops from yourself, just goods n gold. You will not be able to attack, and going back to normal status will take effect 3 days after changing.

Would make easier trade for the independent traders...

It's a rather odd suggestion, but you get the idea...

Offline StormFaction

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Guard_Eryalus, HG_Igorrr
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »
Seems to me that bandits would love a big "rob me" sign that comes with your suggestion xD

Since this is purely for economics and not based on actual need, we can get away with tweaking it.

I think maybe there should be a bonus for independents or.traders from other clans.  In reality s&d can be governed by domestic and national trade, why not make it solely national, so clans benefit very little from closed borders and are encouraged to work out trade agreements with other clans.  It would add depth to the way clans interact and hopefully help eliminate closed borders.   

Idk just pulling shit from the top of.my head lol

You can always count on old Beelzebub to throw the best LAN party, he eats children's dreams and shits out videogames.