Author Topic: MW bec de corbin build  (Read 5181 times)

Offline theprojectnemesis

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
MW bec de corbin build
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:13:06 am »
Wondering if going full strenght is a good idea? Since its fast and short, the slow movement speed and WPF doesn't matter because of the gain of hitting force. Help me :)

18/21:59HP-6PS-3IF-7ATH-7WM                                                                                     36/3:91HP-12PS-10IF-1ATH
20armor/65HP = 46.4-51.5    head/body=2-2 hits                                       20armor/65HP = 63.1-68.3   head=1-1 hits / body=1-2 hits
40armor/70HP = 30.4-42.5    head=2-2 hits / body=2-3 hits                       40armor/70HP =  44.1-58.3   head/body= 2-2 hits
50armor/80HP = 24.4-38.5    head=2-3 hits / body=3-4 hits                       50armor/80HP = 36.1-53.3    head=2-2 hits / body=2-3 hits
70armor/100HP= 13.4-31.5   head=3-7 hits / body=4-8 hits                       70armor/100HP = 24.1-45.3   head=2-4 hits / body=3-5 hits
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:07:56 am by theprojectnemesis »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: MW bec de corbin build
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:55 am »
+2
It's a pierce weapon, so it already lends itself to working well with a lower PS than full strength, and I'd recommend getting at least 5 Athletics with it as it's really short, any competent player will be able to easily walk out of range of a full strength build using a Bec. I'd recommend going 18/21 personally, maxing Ath and PS and adding IF, WM or other skills to taste. Balanced builds work really nicely with it.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:43:31 am »
+5
I like the cut of your jib so as the #1 ranked duelist in the game I'll give you a tip kid.

cRPG is all about STRENGTH unless you're an archer or some other such homoclass.

27/12 is the bare minimum STR I would recommend if you want to do well.

If you want an I-win build, go 33/6 or 30/9 with a MW glaive and heavy armor. No points in WM. This build gives you long reach and good speed. It lets you hit like a truck and tank like Fort Knox. MW Sword of War works too if you backpedal and thrust a lot. Try to hit people at the very edge of your range and kick anyone that gets too close.

I've actually lost a lot of interest in cRPG because of this. The melee metagame is completely stagnant as reach and damage are OP and agility is basically useless except for people who like to have 'fun'. Their definition of 'fun' involves running fast, hitting weakly and dying easily.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 07:47:58 am »
+2
I like the cut of your jib so as the #1 ranked duelist in the game I'll give you a tip kid.

cRPG is all about STRENGTH unless you're an archer or some other such homoclass.

If you want an I-win build, go 33/6 or 30/9 with a MW glaive and heavy armor. No points in WM. This build gives you long reach and good speed. It lets you hit like a truck and tank like Fort Knox. MW Sword of War works too if you backpedal and thrust a lot. Try to hit people at the very edge of your range and kick anyone that gets too close.

I've actually lost a lot of interest in cRPG because of this. The melee metagame is completely stagnant as reach and damage are OP and agility is basically useless except for people who like to have 'fun'. Their definition of 'fun' involves running fast, hitting weakly and dying easily.

Come EU1
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:27:10 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
I vote for 18-21 build, you don't really need more that 6 PS if you have enough agility and abuse speed bonus.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:51:52 am »
Come EU1

Wish I could but the game is unplayable with 150+ ping.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 09:48:13 am »
+1
21/18 for any polearm orientated build.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline theprojectnemesis

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 03:26:01 pm »
Or is german poleaxe better?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »
German Poleaxe is better, yes.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 03:53:19 pm »
24/18

8 ps
6 athl
3 wm on lvl 30, aroun 130wpf, quite enuff

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 03:54:43 pm »
or 21/18. 1 less ps and 3 less strength for 7 if, giving you 11 more hp. Depends on if you want to survive more or deal a bit more damage.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
with a bec you want agi.  18str 6 ps is enough with it,  even 15 will do.  the agi speed bonus,  combined with holding and pierce damage gives great amounts of bang,  the agi helps you to not get hit and play the positioning game better.  it takes ofc more training to become successful with an agi build,  but with a bec its the way to go.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »
Also note that these builds will work well not only for MW bec de corbin, but for normal one too.  :)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:29 pm »
And do not forget the sweet knockdown blunt secondary mode  :mrgreen:

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 01:08:19 am »
+2

What you are saying is only true for 1v1 situation (and even it is not that simple) but totaly wrong for battle/siege. With more strength you increase your killing power and survivability while fighting but you increase the chance of getting overwhelmed by enemies group. If you want to survive in battle you need Ath and therefore agility.

With a bec i would recommend :

21/18

7 IF
7 PS
6 ATH
3 WM

polearm : 130