Poll

Which european nation has the greatest history and was the most powerful?

Great Britain
France
Italy
Spain
Greece
Germany
Denmark
Ireland
Portugal
Austria
Russia
Other...
Christmas Island :)

Author Topic: Who is really the greatest european nation?  (Read 53696 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Who is really the greatest european nation?
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:55 am »
+1
No, it's not an attempt at ridiculing Heskey's logic, you retard. He had no argument, and I made no argument either. There was no logic in his post -- that isn't necessarily a bad thing, not everything someone says must make a factual claim.
Your usage of 'You must ... then' means that you made a logical inference based on premises made in Heskey's post. There is logic in his post, logic that you use to say something stupendous and irrelevant.

Oh really, you just figured that one out genius? Obviously it's not what he was saying, I was implying cRPG forums is the first place where he heard the word "science" and "theory of evolution"... not being serious, as anyone with half a brain would have figured out.
The thought crossed my mind that you were doing that and then I discarded it, as I didn't think anyone would dare to make two more cringy posts on the basis of the lamest little 'joke'. Guess I should degrade my social expectations to accomodate for you.

Do you not even know what an argument is you retard? It was a quote, backed up by no arguments or points. Nor did I ever claim victory by using it; way to fail, Teeth.
Argument was the wrong word indeed, it was the only seemingly on-topic thing you said, though with its source being something entirely different from the Quran it was a useless post as well. You are right, you didn't actually argue anything in the last few pages and little before that. Yet you are all over the thread like parasital growth.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2014, 02:12:01 pm »
Your usage of 'You must ... then' means that you made a logical inference based on premises made in Heskey's post. There is logic in his post, logic that you use to say something stupendous and irrelevant.
No, there isn't. Only an utter retard would think "if some people tried thinking for themselves they might even enjoy it" is some sort of an argument. Ding ding, we have a winner. And what I said is only irrelevant if you're too stupid to grasp its meaning. Wow, double winner! You've never won this much in your entire life, you must be ecstatic.

The thought crossed my mind that you were doing that and then I discarded it, as I didn't think anyone would dare to make two more cringy posts on the basis of the lamest little 'joke'. Guess I should degrade my social expectations to accomodate for you.
There, there, no need to be so harsh on yourself for being context blind.

Argument was the wrong word indeed, it was the only seemingly on-topic thing you said, though with its source being something entirely different from the Quran it was a useless post as well. You are right, you didn't actually argue anything in the last few pages and little before that. Yet you are all over the thread like parasital growth.
You mean an useless post like all of your posts in this thread? Hypocrite, like I said.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »
+1
No, there isn't. Only an utter retard would think "if some people tried thinking for themselves they might even enjoy it" is some sort of an argument. Ding ding, we have a winner. And what I said is only irrelevant if you're too stupid to grasp its meaning.
I don't think that is an argument. Obviously this is the part of Heskey's post from which you drew a premise ''You dont need to be 'enlightened' to get bored of the same 2 'religion sux' type posts that this forum produces and recycles every thread.'' To which you respond with this:

You must hate science then, and things like the theory of evolution. The same theory repeated over and over! So boring, and obviously false, since people keep saying the same things about it.

You are clearly inferring his stance towards science and the theory of evolution by misusing Heskey's premise, as Heskey obviously commented on the quality of the 'religion sux' posts aside from them being repeated. How can you say his and your post do not contain logic, while you attempted to use it?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2014, 04:27:49 pm »
I don't think that is an argument. Obviously this is the part of Heskey's post from which you drew a premise ''You dont need to be 'enlightened' to get bored of the same 2 'religion sux' type posts that this forum produces and recycles every thread.'' To which you respond with this:

You are clearly inferring his stance towards science and the theory of evolution by misusing Heskey's premise, as Heskey obviously commented on the quality of the 'religion sux' posts aside from them being repeated. How can you say his and your post do not contain logic, while you attempted to use it?
So him saying he's bored is an argument? Uh....... okay....... you sure do have strange views on what constitutes an argument - first a quote is one, then "I'm bored" is one.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2014, 04:47:23 pm »
+1
So him saying he's bored is an argument? Uh....... okay....... you sure do have strange views on what constitutes an argument - first a quote is one, then "I'm bored" is one.
I never said his post contained an argument. It's you that drew a premise from it; 'Heskey finds things that are said over and over again boring'. Added a premise; 'The same things get said about science and the theory of evolution over and over again'. And finally you drew a conclusion; 'Heskey finds science and the theory of evolution boring'. Then you proceed to stretch it to him hating science and the theory of evolution, and even seeing them as false. That is an argument, albeit a poor one as it is built on a false premise and concluding more than the premises warrant.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »
I never said his post contained an argument. It's you that drew a premise from it; 'Heskey finds things that are said over and over again boring'. Added a premise; 'The same things get said about science and the theory of evolution over and over again'. And finally you drew a conclusion; 'Heskey finds science and the theory of evolution boring'. Then you proceed to stretch it to him hating science and the theory of evolution, and even seeing them as false. That is an argument, albeit a poor one as it is built on a false premise and concluding more than the premises warrant.
No, I didn't draw that premise from it, so your whole argument falls apart.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2014, 05:53:28 pm »
+1
Why yes you did. You started your sentence with 'Then you ... must', if you can't see that is a conclusion based on one premise you got from Heskey and the other one you came up with in the next sentence, you are absolutely oblivious. This is exactly what a basic argument is, try to keep up Xant.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 19, 2014, 06:12:10 pm »
Why yes you did. You started your sentence with 'Then you ... must', if you can't see that is a conclusion based on one premise you got from Heskey and the other one you came up with in the next sentence, you are absolutely oblivious. This is exactly what a basic argument is, try to keep up Xant.
I didn't say I didn't make a conclusion based on a premise I got from Heskey, I'm saying you've got the wrong premise. Try to keep up, Teeth. I wonder how long you'll keep on trying to desperately prove this unrelated tangent of your original claim, which I destroyed.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »
What happened to your earlier claim of there being no logic in either his or your post and you not having made an argument?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »
What happened to your earlier claim of there being no logic in either his or your post and you not having made an argument?
Nothing?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2014, 02:28:47 am »
Rename the thread to Who's smarter and re do the poll to : Teeth, Xant, rest of crpg community

How can anyone deny that GB was the greatest european nation.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2014, 05:00:48 am »
+2
>4 years after forums launched
>still trying to argue with Xant
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2014, 12:48:21 pm »
+1
How can anyone deny that GB was the greatest european nation.

pffft won against spain thanks to a storm and that queef is still considered the greatest .-.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2014, 01:11:43 pm »
+1
Wow! This thread is still going!
That's surprising, didn't think anyone would dispute Russians to be the greatest nation after the reunion with Crimea.
If any of your small-ass countries ever does the same, then you might post something in this thread.

... Am I doing this right?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2232
  • Infamy: 2986
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2014, 03:25:49 pm »
Britain kind did the same, by making sure Scotland stay in the Union.