Author Topic: Do Bodkin arrows actually give 0 damage?  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: Do Bodkin arrows actually give 0 damage?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 11:30:45 pm »
+6
+1ed evryone in this thread congrtz.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 11:36:14 pm »
+4
+1ed evryone in this thread congrtz.

Obvious renown whoring... Burn him  8-)

Zlish you hurt me feelings :O
Ah well, he who requests to burn someone should be willing to dance in the flames himself.
ToD must think im a pretty good dancer...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:59:25 am by Haboe »

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 12:58:56 am »
+4
Bodkin Arrows were invented by Mr. Bodkin. He lived during the Middle Ages and was a woodworker. Sometimes he went through the woods and laughed about the bears there.
Those bears had simple bows and used sticks as arrows. Those arrows obviously didn't really work against the bees. Too well equipped those bees didn't care about the sticks hitting their beehive. Peeing down, the bees could watch the dumb bears and make jokes about them.
One day the bears noticed Mr. Bodkin behind a bush who was heavily laughing. He laughed for hours and finally went blue and brown. The bears never ate meat so they thought about a solution to get rid of that blue-brown thingie on the ground. Finally the Elder of the bears found a solution and poked the corpse with one of the arrow sticks.
With a lot of strength the stick got stuck in the rotting meat and broken bones. The strongest of the bear warriors picked the arrow up and drew the bow. It took a while until he found out how to use the stick with the corpse at the end. He drew the bow for hours and finally loosed it, taking aim at the beehive.
The bees looked at it, shocked. They already knew about Mr. Bodkin. Important to know is that Mr. Bodkin was full of scars, with lots of pointy ends - those could damage the beehive heavily and end the Kingdom of bees. The bee queen asked for her queensguard and sent out her best riders to charge down and attack the bears.
The battle took for hours but suddenly the loosened arrow with the bodkinhead ended up in the beehive, destroying the home of the bees. The explosion and penetration was that high and heavy, that the woods burned. Life in the woods ended, but at the end of the day, the Bodkin arrows were invented.

Bodkin arrows do cause more damage to heavy armor, less to light gear. So if you face someone in plate, better use bodkin arrows. For any other kind of armor, tatar and barbed arrows are the better choice.

You Sir, just made my day.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:51 am »
+5
Bodkin Arrows were invented by Mr. Bodkin. He lived during the Middle Ages and was a woodworker. Sometimes he went through the woods and laughed about the bears there.
Those bears had simple bows and used sticks as arrows. Those arrows obviously didn't really work against the bees. Too well equipped those bees didn't care about the sticks hitting their beehive. Peeing down, the bees could watch the dumb bears and make jokes about them.
One day the bears noticed Mr. Bodkin behind a bush who was heavily laughing. He laughed for hours and finally went blue and brown. The bears never ate meat so they thought about a solution to get rid of that blue-brown thingie on the ground. Finally the Elder of the bears found a solution and poked the corpse with one of the arrow sticks.
With a lot of strength the stick got stuck in the rotting meat and broken bones. The strongest of the bear warriors picked the arrow up and drew the bow. It took a while until he found out how to use the stick with the corpse at the end. He drew the bow for hours and finally loosed it, taking aim at the beehive.
The bees looked at it, shocked. They already knew about Mr. Bodkin. Important to know is that Mr. Bodkin was full of scars, with lots of pointy ends - those could damage the beehive heavily and end the Kingdom of bees. The bee queen asked for her queensguard and sent out her best riders to charge down and attack the bears.
The battle took for hours but suddenly the loosened arrow with the bodkinhead ended up in the beehive, destroying the home of the bees. The explosion and penetration was that high and heavy, that the woods burned. Life in the woods ended, but at the end of the day, the Bodkin arrows were invented.

Bodkin arrows do cause more damage to heavy armor, less to light gear. So if you face someone in plate, better use bodkin arrows. For any other kind of armor, tatar and barbed arrows are the better choice.

Thank the heavens I've read this while being a bit high, otherwise would look like some work of fiction. ¯\(°_o)/¯

ps: I freakin' love your avatar.

ps2: It's like he/she says, bodkins change the type of damage to pierce, which is very effective against high armored targets.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 01:31:18 am »
+8
Hi I'm new renown whore!

please +1 me so I can be like my idol : Tears

Nerf archer, nerf cav, nerf shield, nerf 2h stab, nerf polestun (yes duh still exist duh) nerf xbow, nerf throwing, nerf 1h no shield, nerf head armor, nerf armor, nerf if, nerf str, nerf agi, nerf HX, nerf HA and be sure to nerf everything else who kill me!

did I do it right?

edit : i even +1 everybody here to be even more renown kind!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:57 am »
+2
bodkins are way superior since you often shoot people with some kind of armor.

damagetypes are like this

piece > blunt > cut

the only problem with them is that they break all the time and are costly as f***.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 01:49:15 am »
+3
bodkins are way superior since you often shoot people with some kind of armor.

damagetypes are like this

piece > blunt > cut

the only problem with them is that they break all the time and are costly as f***.

which is not a problem but the only thing that makes us non archers a bit less full of hate. :)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 01:51:03 am »
+3
which is not a problem but the only thing that makes us non archers a bit less full of hate. :)

well sure, just figured i'd let the new guy know =)
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:24 am »
+3
well sure, just figured i'd let the new guy know =)

Ok then. Maybe he sees reason and stops thinking about becoming a plague :). no offence.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 01:55:14 am »
+3
vs unarmored horses,  tatars are quite nice.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 02:37:48 am »
buff all non bodkin arrowsplz
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 03:06:42 am »
+4

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 03:41:59 am »
+3
Essentially, the ammunition type changes your output damage to whatever damage type the ammunition is, regardless of what the bow damage type is, thus Cut arrows will deal cut damage while Pierce arrows (as in Bodkins) will deal pierce damage which is far superior to opponents or targets with a great deal of armor, so yes indeed Bodkin arrows reward zero additional damage and are thus worse against light armored targets while being much more deadly against heavily armored targets.

Join the Fallen Brigade today.

This explains it pretty much
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17:30 am »

Well I always wondered whats behind the story of the birds and the bees. Is that part of your book? Also bodkins deal pierce damage instead of cut!
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 10:30:47 am »
+1
Hi I'm new renown whore!

please +1 me so I can be like my idol : Tears

Nerf archer, nerf cav, nerf shield, nerf 2h stab, nerf polestun (yes duh still exist duh) nerf xbow, nerf throwing, nerf 1h no shield, nerf head armor, nerf armor, nerf if, nerf str, nerf agi, nerf HX, nerf HA and be sure to nerf everything else who kill me!

did I do it right?

edit : i even +1 everybody here to be even more renown kind!

You forgot about nerf blocking, but good renown post. +1