Author Topic: Common Decency on these forums  (Read 5451 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Common Decency on these forums
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 12:17:25 am »
+1
Have you guys tried ctrl+shift+m?
It works wonders, it is the only way I can now last more than a few minutes on a server...

Offline Xscizorx

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KbW
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 12:17:45 am »
+3
pretty good example of why cav needs nerf

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 01:12:50 am »
+4
Anders, are you sad? :(

Someone touched you inappropriately?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 01:57:27 am »
+6
Anders, are you sad? :(

Someone touched you inappropriately?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:09:49 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 12:40:00 am »
because the real trolls are the one's making the ban requests on the forums

no one likes a rat and the expected standard in this mod is to serve on hands and knees to anyone who posts a fake screenshot or out of context chat log and reward them with a ban on whoever they want

god damn who the fuck cares if you got TKd and lost 1 minute of videogame playing, go play some nintendo DS final fantasy remake and sperg out there if you can't deal with real players in your games

Great attitude from an admin.  Quit the position if you feel that way.  Obviously you're burned out and no damned good to anyone.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 12:46:37 am »
+2
Great attitude from an admin.  Quit the position if you feel that way.  Obviously you're burned out and no damned good to anyone.

Smoothrich actually does a pretty good job so no.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:08 am »
+2
because the real trolls are the one's making the ban requests on the forums

no one likes a rat and the expected standard in this mod is to serve on hands and knees to anyone who posts a fake screenshot or out of context chat log and reward them with a ban on whoever they want

god damn who the fuck cares if you got TKd and lost 1 minute of videogame playing, go play some nintendo DS final fantasy remake and sperg out there if you can't deal with real players in your games

fuck yea smooth
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 12:52:09 am »
+3
The irony of the replies given the subject at hand is overwhelming.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 12:59:04 am »
Your three examples of "neutral parties" posting ban threads:

1) Guy who was given the custom title "really mad bro" by an admin previously
2) Guy who is currently "watched" status
3) Registered a few weeks ago, 0 posts other than "ban this guy he said fuck my mother"

The first two also have negative forums reputation (while not the be-all-end-all of summing up a person, you can infer that maybe they made poor posting decisions at the very least).

(click to show/hide)

If this is a serious post, you should dig for some better evidence. Maybe the rest if the game's population isn't conspiring against them. maybe they are the insufferable assholes. Except that last guy, he is new to c-rpg and apparently the internet at large.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 01:50:08 am »

Yeah I'm an admin, that means I have way more experience with this ban request shit than you or anyone else posting in this thread. 

Newsflash:  most people who post ban requests are insufferable manchildren who probably deserved to be TK'd

Of course sometimes its valid but I have to admit that is most likely the exception than the rule.  How many mods or games or anything have such an active ban request subforum anyways?  Its a perverse outlet for people to grief, troll, or otherwise ruin the game by getting bans on whomever, whenever they want.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 03:25:09 am »
Your three examples of "neutral parties" posting ban threads:

1) Guy who was given the custom title "really mad bro" by an admin previously
2) Guy who is currently "watched" status
3) Registered a few weeks ago, 0 posts other than "ban this guy he said fuck my mother"

The first two also have negative forums reputation (while not the be-all-end-all of summing up a person, you can infer that maybe they made poor posting decisions at the very least).

(click to show/hide)

If this is a serious post, you should dig for some better evidence. Maybe the rest if the game's population isn't conspiring against them. maybe they are the insufferable assholes. Except that last guy, he is new to c-rpg and apparently the internet at large.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/common-decency-on-these-forums/msg621383/#msg621383

Also Neutral as in they aren't related to the case. Just because they have low ranking doesn't mean a thing. One guy went from 0-150 renown for asking for auto blocker.

The reason I would make posts like this is because you get people who say shit like this about the ban thread section(from an admin no less):
Newsflash:  most people who post ban requests are insufferable manchildren who probably deserved to be TK'd
It's more than that section though. Hop over to strat and watch the insufferable character attacks there(Josho Shogunate or LLJK threads are some I can name off top of my head).

The irony of the replies given the subject at hand is overwhelming.

Tears is quite right. Started with asking people to have decency on the forums and what do you get....

http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/who-would-win-in-a-cav-duel/msg621874/#msg621874
I See it more from admins(and those that hang with this said group) more than lets say the other admins. You see it more over ban threads(if coming from admin) more so than regular people. But on strat board....no such thing as decency.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:29:16 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 03:46:21 am »
+1
Decency in cRPG, yeah, no.

Edit: am I still watched? Wrote to much shit on my profile, my watched status is hidden.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 03:50:51 am »
yes you are bob 4 %
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 03:51:42 am »
Magnificent!

Thanks.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 05:59:08 am »
People who legit break the rules get banned. People who cry wolf get made fun of after being proven wrong so many times. Now you're dragging in people (playfully) talking shit in strategus. Are you the guy who stops playing Monopoly when someone lands on your hotel and they flip you the bird?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far