Author Topic: NA siege rules/MOTD/join note re: 'sky-ladders'  (Read 3164 times)

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
NA siege rules/MOTD/join note re: 'sky-ladders'
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:30:56 am »
+1
Could we please have the NA siege server MOTD/rules/server-join-note thingie updated
to say something to the effect of "no magical ladders that rest on nothing are allowed"?
Thanks! <3 :mrgreen:
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: NA siege rules/MOTD/join note re: 'sky-ladders'
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »
Good suggestion.

But yeah, i hate it sometimes too. Don't think it will happen though.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:08:19 pm »
Thiis would be great, because it is actually against the new server rules, so the in-game blurb needs to be updated to avoid further confusion.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:13:26 am »
It's in there

No ladder towers/air towers.
Tungsten_ATS

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:49:00 am »
Does one ladder constitute an air tower or does that refer to multiple ladder stacking?
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 08:19:32 am »
Does one ladder constitute an air tower or does that refer to multiple ladder stacking?

Placing a ladder on another ladder.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »
THe message was updated a few days ago :/

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »
THe message was updated a few days ago :/

We are time travelers, only explanation.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 01:02:45 am »

oD/
           A/
           /   
     I   /
     I /
     I/              So I just wanted to know if this is legal...  I's = a wall, or corner of a wall
    /I                                                                           / = the ladder
  /  I                                                                           oD
                                                                                 A      = me with my xbow :)                                                                           
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 01:04:54 am »
So any ladder that is planted on ground is ok, right?

I often use the ladders inside keeps to bridge chokepoint gaps.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 02:24:02 am »

oD/
           A/
           /   
     I   /
     I /
     I/              So I just wanted to know if this is legal...  I's = a wall, or corner of a wall
    /I                                                                           / = the ladder
  /  I                                                                           oD
                                                                                 A      = me with my xbow :)                                                                           

Yes.  :)

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 11:50:59 pm »
So just to clairify, since some (non admin) players have told me it was against the rules, I can throw up a single ladder against a low object or wall corner, just to climb to the top of the ladder and get a better firing angle. I'm therefore not using the ladder to get over a wall, just to get up higher to shoot and avoid cav.  I do this all the time, have not be kicked or banned ever for it, but recently some people are saying I'm breaking the rules.  If so, I think we must be reading different rules...

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 11:55:11 pm »
So just to clairify, since some (non admin) players have told me it was against the rules, I can throw up a single ladder against a low object or wall corner, just to climb to the top of the ladder and get a better firing angle. I'm therefore not using the ladder to get over a wall, just to get up higher to shoot and avoid cav.  I do this all the time, have not be kicked or banned ever for it, but recently some people are saying I'm breaking the rules.  If so, I think we must be reading different rules...

This has been said by admins in-game repeatedly, "You cannot make sky ladders, floating ladders, 'archer towers' or anything of the same animal." In other words, no, you cannot use a ladder as an archer's perch.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 12:04:18 am »
So if I throw a ladder up to get on a roof, I'm not allowed to shoot from the ladder itself if it sticks up higher than the roof?  I'm not trying to be a pain with these questions, but the written rules need to be more detailed. In-game warning by admins - (which i have not seen) about rules which are not written anywhere lead to confusion... I swear I don't think people will be happy until ranged players have to die at the mere sight of an enemy and are only allowed to tickle the other team.

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:11 am »
So if I throw a ladder up to get on a roof, I'm not allowed to shoot from the ladder itself if it sticks up higher than the roof?  I'm not trying to be a pain with these questions, but the written rules need to be more detailed. In-game warning by admins - (which i have not seen) about rules which are not written anywhere lead to confusion... I swear I don't think people will be happy until ranged players have to die at the mere sight of an enemy and are only allowed to tickle the other team.

How damn specific do you want them to be? If the ladder is not possible in the real world, it shouldn't be done in-game. Jesus Christ on a crutch, use some common sense.