Author Topic: Ban-Request: STR_Ivan_Grozny  (Read 832 times)

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
Ban-Request: STR_Ivan_Grozny
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:56 pm »
Where: EU2,

When: 16:00 GMT +1

STR_Ivan_Grozny pollbanned me for killing him through a door and the poll went through with 53%.
Is it even forbidden for killing someone through a door? Nearly everyone does that if theres a chance to do so.

Pictures:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
Re: Ban-Request: STR_Ivan_Grozny
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »
Yeah i think its forbidden.It screwes reality up.

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 05:25:09 pm »
Yeah i think its forbidden.It screwes reality up.

Heads going through doors also do.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »
Heads going through doors also do.

what an argument....
the players cant prevent it

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 05:32:04 pm »
what an argument....
the players cant prevent it

They can.

Talking about realism in this game is senseless anyways.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 05:41:14 pm »
this is not counter strike, devs are trying to make it awesome with textures, and with rules.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »
NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline STR_Ivan_Grozny

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »
My head couldn't be going through the door, because i'm a one hander, only 2h and polearms heads go through door texture. So he did hit me through the door.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:47:39 pm »
Now: HRE, Greys, STR, DRZ (Druzhina), and so on and so forth kill people through doors every fucking round.

Yes its not really fair. Yes its uncool. And? who cares? They do it, they dont get banned for that shit. No one cares.

Guys. I hate it too, if somebody kills me through a wall or a door. But I dont ragepoll because of it. But YOU, dear Ivanski, did. Now bow down for your punishment (ragepolls clearly are forbidden) and stop bitching, just because somebody got a lucky hit on you when you were in a bad mood.

And yes, there is proof for it being a ragepoll: You polled right after you got killed. Also, the poll was a ban-poll. A kick-poll would have been enough and no one would have said anything.

Maybe you should apologize for ragepolling and next time you start a poll calm your anger down. I cant speak for CaveSquirrel, but in my opinion this thread could be closed after we hear one (an apology).
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »
Now: HRE, Greys, STR, DRZ (Druzhina), and so on and so forth kill people through doors every fucking round.

Yes its not really fair. Yes its uncool. And? who cares? They do it, they dont get banned for that shit. No one cares.

Guys. I hate it too, if somebody kills me through a wall or a door. But I dont ragepoll because of it. But YOU, dear Ivanski, did. Now bow down for your punishment (ragepolls clearly are forbidden) and stop bitching, just because somebody got a lucky hit on you when you were in a bad mood.

And yes, there is proof for it being a ragepoll: You polled right after you got killed. Also, the poll was a ban-poll. A kick-poll would have been enough and no one would have said anything.

Maybe you should apologize for ragepolling and next time you start a poll calm your anger down. I cant speak for CaveSquirrel, but in my opinion this thread could be closed after we hear one (an apology).
Hitting through a door is not a clear breach of the rules, but neither is it not sort-of inside some of them. When asking Khorin about it, he said he would ask the higher-ups. So it's not a ragepoll since it might or might not be within/against the rules.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 12:06:35 pm »
Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't

OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
    NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
    OK: using a ladder to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
    OK: camping unreachable places in the middle of the round
    NOT OK: camping unreachable places when last group of men standing (i.e. delaying)
    NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
    NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
    NOT OK: ladderpulting

An excerpt from the official rules there, in particular we should be looking at the bold section. Before anyone says "Oh, exploiting invisible barriers!", it's not an invisible barrier since you can see the door, it might be a barrier, but that in particular is talking about those annoying sections that catch arrows and cause weapons to bounce on, or "one way walls", those types of things.

It's a morally a low thing to do, but it can happen by accident without you meaning to do it, but at the end of the day, it works both ways from what I understand, if one guy can hit through the door, you should be able to hit through the door from the other side.

Heading over the poll abuse now;

No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll

OK: poll-kicking a leecher
    OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
    NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
    NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle

It does appear that according to this, it will fall under the "poll-kicking someone because you don't like their play style" part and on top of that, the poll reason wasn't stated before the poll was started either.

Now, I completely understand the reason for the poll, and why the poller thinks that it was a valid reason for a poll, I also share his dislike for something like that happening to him, but at the same time, I can see it from the other side of the fence, it's part of the game, the game isn't that realistic and on top of that it might happen by accident. It wasn't a call for a ban poll.
I do not feel that a ban for the poll is deserved and I hope that my interpretation of the official rules has been good enough to quell any ill thoughts towards each other.

Having said that, I am not letting STR_Ivan_Grozny off without a warning for the poll since it really was unnecessary to use a ban poll. At the same time, I would really rather not have an increase in the number of people hitting through the doors as it is really really low, I'd like to have some more clarification on this ruling though so if someone of the "higher-ups" wishes to butt in and correct what I have said, it would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll give that ruling.

Cheers guys,

Tenne.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are