Author Topic: Teamhit madness  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Teamhit madness
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:38 pm »
+2
You can take fine screenshots these days. There is an ingame button to take screenshots, it is displayed on your screen when you get teamhit. A few tactical screens can easily properly describe what was going on. How about you actually provide the admins with some evidence if it happens that much. If you can't be arsed to make a ban request then do not whine about a lack of effort by admins.

Ofcourse saying that you get teamhit using admin chat is not a great way to get the guy punished. An admin would have to be able to actually quickly witness the deed to be able to dish out fair punishment. Otherwise it's just your word on that it happened.

Ctrl-Insert, learn to use it and help the poor admins out.

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 01:43:18 pm »
+3
You can take fine screenshots these days. There is an ingame button to take screenshots, it is displayed on your screen when you get teamhit. A few tactical screens can easily properly describe what was going on. How about you actually provide the admins with some evidence if it happens that much. If you can't be arsed to make a ban request then do not whine about a lack of effort by admins.

Ofcourse saying that you get teamhit using admin chat is not a great way to get the guy punished. An admin would have to be able to actually quickly witness the deed to be able to dish out fair punishment. Otherwise it's just your word on that it happened.

Ctrl-Insert, learn to use it and help the poor admins out.
Learn to read, I said I dont blame admins and I said the reason why I dont make ban threads. It's just natural that admins aren't active all the time, I just hoped that devs would add more of them when old ones go inactive.

Also admin precence on servers would maybe prevent this kind of stuff.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 03:12:42 pm »
A larger admin force won't help against this sort of thing, they cannot watch every player and by the time you typed about it to them, it is probably too late to provide evidence.

Admins should just be more harsh when punishing these types of offenders. Yet making a ban request is not that much work. If I recall correctly admins track earlier offenses by players and will punish him more harshly if it happens again, so it will actually effectively reduce the likelihood of them doing this again.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 03:16:01 pm »
A larger admin force won't help against this sort of thing, they cannot watch every player and by the time you typed about it to them, it is probably too late to provide evidence.

Admins should just be more harsh when punishing these types of offenders. Yet making a ban request is not that much work. If I recall correctly admins track earlier offenses by players and will punish him more harshly if it happens again, so it will actually effectively reduce the likelihood of them doing this again.

More admins--> larger amount of eyes= bigger chance of an instant punishment

Edit:i am aware of that, just saying it does do a difference. Which u said it didnt.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:43:48 pm by _GTX_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »
The effective difference of 1% chance of them seeing it happen to 1.5% chance is negligible.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:31:22 pm »
Reporting people is a waste of time and I got better things to do, more admins would be nice though current admins are pretty useless with their in-game performance.. I see Blueberrymuffin daily, allthough most of the time he doesnt do anything besides use the name CHEAT BAN HE to see if someones leeching( i think), theres this ninja guy, also kicks some people and theres Journeyman, which I think is Gurnisson/backlash? Sir ironlake also sometimes enforce the rules when he sees something All in all i dont even see the use for in-game moderation because its too clusterfuckish to spot offences.. I dont think rules for racism n all that even exist, or our pals dont care for them.

Don't care really, ever since I joined, april, it seemed to me that whenever someone critisizes staff members on their behaviour etc it backfires ^9999999, so not even going to care.
 :lol: it's still a valid point from the op
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 03:41:13 pm »
Reporting people is a waste of time and I got better things to do, more admins would be nice though current admins are pretty useless with their in-game performance.. I see Blueberrymuffin daily, allthough most of the time he doesnt do anything besides use the name CHEAT BAN HE to see if someones leeching( i think), theres this ninja guy, also kicks some people and theres Journeyman, which I think is Gurnisson/backlash? Sir ironlake also sometimes enforce the rules when he sees something All in all i dont even see the use for in-game moderation because its too clusterfuckish to spot offences.. I dont think rules for racism n all that even exist, or our pals dont care for them.

Don't care really, ever since I joined, april, it seemed to me that whenever someone critisizes staff members on their behaviour etc it backfires ^9999999, so not even going to care.
 :lol: it's still a valid point from the op

And you're talking about battle, you can imagine how Siege is.  :lol:

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »

A game admin takes note of whom commits these "sins", and even goes to spectator if needed to check ones behavior. Every single report should count until proven obsolete/false.

Sadly our admins cba to do that anymore, all they want is a bit of peace of mind while playing after a long day, some of them even parting with that duty (lansa p.e.) which I completely understand, the more the reason to get more players that actually care about the mod and can do it willingly abiding by conduct rules.

Too much anarchy these days, people that want some peace and quality time playing find themselves usually surrounded by this idiocratic environment in-game, leaving them no choice but to quit and play something else eventually.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 04:36:35 pm »
And you're talking about battle, you can imagine how Siege is.  :lol:
never on siege, only if some fallens are playing there so i have very little experience on siege.. Although it sounds more logical that teamhits occur more ftenon siege, because of the clusterfucks and narrow entrance points people have to defend. But not the kind of TH's the OP stated..
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 04:41:40 pm »
never on siege, only if some fallens are playing there so i have very little experience on siege.. Although it sounds more logical that teamhits occur more ftenon siege, because of the clusterfucks and narrow entrance points people have to defend. But not the kind of TH's the OP stated..
Way more intentional teamhits on siege, griefers and leechers.

Accidental th's is a different matter.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 05:08:13 pm »
+1

Read again the op. He was talking about Siege. Then again how can you affirm something like that in the end when you firsthand you have nearly no experience in siege?  :rolleyes:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 05:21:37 pm »
Read again the op. He was talking about Siege. Then again how can you affirm something like that in the end when you firsthand you have nearly no experience in siege?  :rolleyes:
in clusterfucks I can imagine teamhits happening but as the op explained the situations of the teamhits I totally agree with him. (i meant shit like goku chasing him etc.)

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 06:21:24 pm »
Learn to read, I said I dont blame admins and I said the reason why I dont make ban threads. It's just natural that admins aren't active all the time, I just hoped that devs would add more of them when old ones go inactive.

Also admin precence on servers would maybe prevent this kind of stuff.

Edit:i am aware of that, just saying it does do a difference. Which u said it didnt.

Want more admins? Request for more. If you gain enough support it might get through.

There are a lot of players, that just like me, would love to help the community by becoming an admin.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 06:26:35 pm »
+1
Want more admins? Request for more. If you gain enough support it might get through.

There are a lot of players, that just like me, would love to help the community by becoming an admin.
chadz make this man admin, he is desperate to waste his own time without asking somethings in return! #profit

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:25 pm »
+1
chadz make this man admin, he is desperate to waste his own time without asking somethings in return! #profit

Being an admin isnt wasting your time without something in return.
If not for the admins the servers would be a big teamkilling ragefest. The time you spend as an admin allows you and other players to enjoy the game without players exploiting, abusing and teamkilling.