Author Topic: Strategus --place for silly questions  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Bloody_Santa_Claus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • prostredny-hrot.webnode.sk
  • Faction: Ni knight
  • Game nicks: Bloody_Santa_Claus
Strategus --place for silly questions
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:06 am »
I want to start playing strategus, but i cant find any tutorial guide. I have some questions:
1. Can i use firefox?Do i need some plugin.
2. Can i cross river in strategus map directly, or i have to use bridge.
3. If i click to enter some city, can i turn off my browser? becouse when i click refresh, white line disappear:(
4. I have to be in city to buy armory? Can i buy whatever or just weapons in store.
5. How can i trade?...can i produce fox fur, and sell it?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:34:10 am by Bloody_Santa_Claus »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Strategus --place for silly questions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:07 am »
+2
Hopefully my info is correct on this one, if not, feel free to correct me :)

ad 1 : yeah, useable in firefox without problems (at least works for me!)
ad 2 : as far as i know you cannot cross rivers, the game should automatically make your char "slide" towards some point of passage thru river. This seems to be weirdly off sometimes, and it happened that i lost the line to my target destination while i was supposed to be "sliding". But, i didnt moved at all and had to plan the route manually anways.
ad 3 : if you click on some city name, and then click Enter city, try to change to some other tab in the strat webpage (i.e.: Info) and check status of your avatar. If there is written : Enter "name of city" and some time in which its done, then the action is set and you can indeed close your browser.
ad 4 : you have to be in city/castle to be able to buy armor/weapons (not sure if villages have some too)

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:46:25 am »
thx for fast reply.
my char doenst makes  slides too:/but finally i made my first step:)
I found out that i have to cllick Enter "name of city" and than move to "char name" to..." to work  it:)

Do you have any tips for earning money?... trading? I read that i am earning money by getting x4 x5 in game.

5 minutes ago i have been just walking and i earned 145 gold..:/ hows that possible

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:52:46 am »
thx for fast reply.
my char doenst makes  slides too:/but finally i made my first step:)
I found out that i have to cllick Enter "name of city" and than move to "char name" to..." to work  it:)

Do you have any tips for earning money?... trading? I read that i am earning money by getting x4 x5 in game.

5 minutes ago i have been just walking and i earned 145 gold..:/ hows that possible

If you were playing, i think you get some small gold for ticks on x1, x2, x3 aswell. Trading is good, but you have to get some starting capital to buy goods and eventually some armor for your troops so you are not an easy target for bandits. The further you go to trade, the bigger bonus you get. (In a city next to you you can get 5percent bonus, in a city on different side of the map like 800percent =totally made up numbers, but should give you the point).

If you do play sometimes, you will earn enough money for establishing some trade route :) (also bare in mind that armies over 100 troops are paying higher upkeep than 100 troops) And, if you want to do some trade runs, it would be good to have some men and equipment for them :)

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »
pff ... how to buy goods?:D in  info tab just click buy good?....i heard that is possible to craft goods too
i bought hops and weapons, when i click on inventory i can see -5O% beneath value, what does it mean?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:59:49 pm by Bloody_Santa_Claus »

Offline Chillyrabbit

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 12:32:36 am »
what that is, is the default value of trading goods so you cant go back and forth between 2 villages like 10 m from each other. The farther you go the higher that bonus % will go up so it can eventually get to say 200%.

In strategus 4 we don't craft goods anymore you buy them from a village depending on the Supply and demand (S&D)

here is a basic faq that can get you somewhat started

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/strategus-4-faq/

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 12:59:33 am »
I have silly question too:
Ok. I buy goods, travel looong way to far town sell goods -  profit.
It was luck for me i didnt met  any bandits on my way, but someday they will attack me so i have to be prepared! Question :
What armor, weapon, horses should i buy to be able to protect myself? Polearms, 1h, 2h, shields, bows, xbows? I mean how can i know what builds have those who will apply for me in battle?

It would be great if you could train your army like in singleplayer train them as i like, and players applied to battle should use stats of your soldiers, not their main characters. Like human-bots. :) And only real heroes on battlefield should be you and your enemy(party leaders) with stats of your main charachter. And "bots" ofcource should have lower stats than "heroes"!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Apollo

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • The Gay Serf
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GOBBLIN EMPIRE
  • Game nicks: Apollo, Asstron_the_Assassinator
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 05:04:21 am »
The armor and weapons you buy directly pertain to crpg. If someone attacks you then you will fight the battle in a strategus server in which the armor and weapons you have in strategus will be the armor and weapons available for that battle. Does that make some sense?
You don't need to ban or anything just for future reference or something because he's rude to me.

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 05:26:09 am »
The armor and weapons you buy directly pertain to crpg. If someone attacks you then you will fight the battle in a strategus server in which the armor and weapons you have in strategus will be the armor and weapons available for that battle. Does that make some sense?
I think so, but how u will know who will apply for you in battle. For example you have 10 men army you bought 10 Great Long Bardiches, then you see your roster and there aplyied 2 men and both are 1hander builds :P

I just decide like that. For 100 troops:
30 - 1hand weapons,
30 - shields,
30 - 2hand weapons,
30 - polearms,
10 - bows,
And some body, head, leg and hand armor, now my army armed! :D
Spend about 4000 gold.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:32:02 am by Firebrand »

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 06:32:58 am »
I'd say don't blow all your gold on arming your troops, always keep some in reserve in case you get attacked in the middle of the night or nobody shows up for your battle. 

Also try signing up for other peoples battles whenever you can, especially the small ones.  You'll get to know people and they might return the favor someday by signing up for your battles. 

On the c-rpg.net battles page, if you click on your name, someone else's name or a clan name, it brings up new tabs where you can search for information on people or clans.  On people it'll show their reliability rating and performance score.  Reliability is based on how often they showed up for the last 10 battles they signed up for.  Then performance is based on how well they did compared to everyone else on their team over the last ten battles.   

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfohero&id=202268

You can also send people messages on there.  So if you see someone on the strat map and can't find them on the forum, you could just go to this menu, type in their name, and you can contact them through there:

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfohero

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 04:25:07 pm »
can i carry more cargo, if i have more troops?... if i use more  troops or i buy horses, doest it affect on movment speed?

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 04:41:25 pm »
i can't acess towns or buy armors and weapons at all. :( I press enter Yalen and come after 4 hours and i am still outside. Why?

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »
can i carry more cargo, if i have more troops?... if i use more  troops or i buy horses, doest it affect on movment speed?

You can carry as many crates as you want with even just one troop but it takes 2 troops to carry 1 crate without a big speed penalty.  For example, if you have 100 troops they could carry 50 crates and would move at 18m per minute.  Terrain also affects movement speed so forests, mountains, snow and crossing bridges slows you down.  For example, if you're in snow you'll probably move at around 17m per minute. (see terrain link below)

Each horse can carry 1 crate.  If you have more horses than crates but more troops than horses you'll move at 22m per minute.

If you have the same number of crates, troops and horses I think you'll move at 32m.  If you have more horses than crates and troops you'll move at 36m per minute.  So if 1 horse is carrying each troop and 1 horse is carrying each crate and that will give you the 36m speed.

A trading good weighs 5kg and crates hold 30kg so 6 good form 1 crate.  Here's a breakdown of how crates work:

(click to show/hide)

Here's some exact speeds you can get with different combos of troops, crates and horses:

(click to show/hide)

And here's a description about how terrain affects movement:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/strategus-changelog-formulas/msg257440/#msg257440

-----
i can't acess towns or buy armors and weapons at all. :( I press enter Yalen and come after 4 hours and i am still outside. Why?

Click on "Info" to the right of the map tab.  Then scroll down and it'll show that you're in the town.  You can buy goods on the info screen, sell them in the equipment screen, then buy all other other equipment in the Weapons tab. 

If you're not in the town yet or traveling somewhere else, you can also click on the info tab and on the left side of the screen it shows how long it will take to reach your destination.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:59:19 pm by Knute »