Author Topic: Archery repair  (Read 916 times)

Offline Zildjan

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zildjian_BlackCompany
  • IRC nick: Zildjian
Archery repair
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:16:41 am »
Is it just me are does archery  equipment need repairing more than normal objects?  This is my first archery gen and I'm wearing roughly the same amount of gold I did with my shielder build.  But I made money with that build and I'm draining money now wearing peasant armor and using a horn bow.  Honestly I could be wearing plate and lose the same when all my arrows and my bow breaks every other round.  Is there a game mechanic that makes bows and arrows require more repairing or is this just me?  Just curious...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: Archery repair
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:40:07 am »
Just dont use bodkin arrows.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:23:59 am »
Arrows break 2 times more often (If I remember correctly), so it's cost really matters. Try to use cheaper arrows, that should work.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:33 am »
If you really want to see how gold can sink use bodkins and long bow :P

I'm using MW long bow, MW tatar arrows and body armour set wich gave me some protection.
With this combination I'm gaining money really slow.

If you want to earn more money change your arrows (you probably using bodkins) to tatar or barbed ones.
Also remember to use proper side weapon for horn bow: cheap but usefull in combat.
0 slot weapons are mostly for blocking, but if you are good u can make some killl with them :) (for eg. hand axe costs 70 gold)
Archer forever :D

Offline Zildjan

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zildjian_BlackCompany
  • IRC nick: Zildjian
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:57:09 pm »
Thanks Macropus, that would make sense with what I'm seeing.  I'm using horn bow and 2 sets of tatar arrows(nothing loomed unfortunately) and the 1 slot 2h mace.  No helm, peasant shoes.  I AM wearing a byrnja and gauntlets because I'm a 2h hybrid and love beating the mele who come at me expecting an easy archer kill :)  But these don't really break much, it's all the arrows and bow.  Not sure I understand why they would make arrows break twice as much unless this rule also applies to horses, lances, throwing, etc.  which would irl have the same problem of fix/replacing.  I guess I've just been unlucky the last few days but I lose an average of 2-4 k each night.  Feels like I need at least an x3 to not lose money

Offline Smiling Daemon

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 08:34:27 pm »
I believe it was an attempt to balance out costs because they think archer gear is too inexpensive compares to infantry. Then they adjusted bow and arrow prices but left that high break chance in there. So now it's just a built in mechanism to discourage people from trying archery.