Author Topic: All Looms Are of the SAME VALUE  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: All Looms Are of the SAME VALUE
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 05:36:33 pm »
+1
After the buff to the Danish Greatsword in next week's patch, people will regret not having bought one when it was cheap.

Expert analysis crashing the market like a pro.

Also, I don't get the point of the OP, all looms have different values and nobody ever said otherwise, wtf. Gonna - it anyway, guy's an archer enthusiast who needs to be tortured by holy - fire.

EDIT : ok

(click to show/hide)

So much win.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:41:38 pm by Kafein »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 10:34:26 pm »
+1
i messed up trading a shield. i put 100k instead of 1 million. the guy was nice about and it ended when meow reveresed the trade. but put an item up for an item and then complaining cause someone in your clan said you messed up is just silly slash eortification
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 10:49:51 pm »
+3
Hmm the lesson of today:

All the looms are of the same value if you happen to be a dick.

(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 11:52:43 pm »
+4
It was about a trade he did on accident, HBS for Danish.
I told him that I would consult other admins and ask about the pricing on those items since I have no idea about the marketvalue of stuff.
Later after reviewing the one market rule we got I figured that the trade is nothing I would reverse.

I told him that I will talk to the guy anyway since the market rule does not apply to trades where equal level looms get traded for each other but only for cases where people forget a 0 in their gold value or trade a +3 for a lower level heirloom because they failed.

When I got up this morning the dude who accepted the trade reported this great PM to me, just educating everyone on how the guy approached the situation without hearing back from me:
(click to show/hide)

So I told him that I sure won't try to convince the new owner of the HBS to trade it back any further which probably was the reason for this thread and the PM where he called me a liar because I did not talk to other admins about the HBS vs Danish price.
Admittedly there was only one other admin involved in the IRC talks on this but I used the main chan since I didn't see a reason why admins could judge item value any better than other players.
Not that he bothered to ask who I talked to anyhow before declaring it a lie.

Hardly matters since the rule does not apply one way or the other and I sure won't look into this any further.

EDITED to make the context a bit clearer.

The moral of the story is even if you are a pretty man in a three piece suit irl you can still be a mad nerd on the internet

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2437
  • Infamy: 2039
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 12:09:40 am »
+1
i messed up trading a shield. i put 100k instead of 1 million. the guy was nice about and it ended when meow reveresed the trade. but put an item up for an item and then complaining cause someone in your clan said you messed up is just silly slash eortification

I did a similar thing but dude didn't give a fuck and there was no marketplace rule back then. This is even worse than Bjord complaining about market tax after he sold +3 for over the price of 3 separate loompoints :mrgreen:

Btw. I should be complaining here because I accidentally put 300k gold in clan bank and now when I want them back I have to pay tax. Now that's bullshit!

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:59 am »
I've had a +3.

Once.

I sold it and gave the gold to a clan bank.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 12:22:11 am »
Btw. I should be complaining here because I accidentally put 300k gold in clan bank and now when I want them back I have to pay tax. Now that's bullshit!

All that gold, so close yet distant  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 2370
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 12:27:32 am »
I don't have problem paying tax for gold you've put in there, but it hurts paying for stupid mistake I did trying to take gold from bank instead of putting it in...

But then again, I'm rich player. I should be lucky I'm paying same tax as everyone else, instead of 40% or something like that.

If this was communism, everything I own would become public good and everyone would own a small part of that. Then, 40 years later, my grandchildren will try to get it back from new cRPG democratic government :mrgreen:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 12:31:55 am »
I don't have problem paying tax for gold you've put in there, but it hurts paying for stupid mistake I did trying to take gold from bank instead of putting it in...

But then again, I'm rich player. I should be lucky I'm paying same tax as everyone else, instead of 40% or something like that.

If this was communism, everything I own would become public good and everyone would own a small part of that. Then, 40 years later, my grandchildren will try to get it back from new cRPG democratic government :mrgreen:

I'm 1/8 of a russian noble family that fled the revolution.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 01:26:05 am »
+1
This thread is now about gang wars.

310 CRIPS HOLLA

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:33 am »
+2
And how!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 03:09:05 am »
+2
I traded my +3 war horse for a +3 shield earlier today by mistake, I thought I was trading my arabian warhorse. I've also traded a +3 war cleaver and 700 k for +3 steel bolts by mistake (instead of a +1 cleaver, thanks angellore for returning it straight away :wink:). On the other hand, I bought Vincent Ruth's heirloom point for 600 gold, and gave it back right after for stones. That damn Vincent owes me 599 gold now :evil:

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 03:12:20 am »
+2
Actually, Gurnisson, stones cost 2 gold, so he only owes you 598 gold. That's a whole gold coin less! :D

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 03:16:35 am »
+3
1. All loom POINTS are of the same value
2. Value and price are different things
3. When looming an item you turn the loom point to something different
4. This different thing, the loomed item, now has both a value and a price. Those things are not the same in almost any case, and the BASIC value also changes according to the usefulness of the item. As a pickaxe is better in almost any aspect than a cudgel, looming a cudgel lowers the value you have, in ANY case.
5. Prices are also determined by other factors like supply and demand, popularity, looks, etc.

In simple: you and your work mate earn the same salary. After a month both of you earn the same wage, which means you have the same value. He invests all of it into real estates, you invest all of it into used toilet paper. Although you were able to buy several tons of it, your wealth was reduced with that really bad purchase, while his wealth stayed the same. Having paid the same price for both things doesn't mean they have the same value.

---------------------------------

Just implement an automatic "trust" function. Once a trade has been confirmed, the trading goods are "frozen" for 24h. Within this time each trading partner can cancel the deal again and get his items back, as does the other one, of course. 90% of all problems with the marketplace solved. You're welcome.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 03:17:43 am »
Actually, Gurnisson, stones cost 2 gold, so he only owes you 598 gold. That's a whole gold coin less! :D

Selling them on the marketplace gave me 1 gold. I want 599, not 598!

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.