Author Topic: Well, that was fun  (Read 6834 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Well, that was fun
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »
+4
So if I understand correctly:

Western carebear bloc:
Grey Order
Druzhina
The Union
The Empire
Kingdom of the Nord

Eastern carebear bloc:
The Coalition
Mercs
SoA
Kapikulu
Wolves
Les Troys Lys
Crusader Alliance
CotgS

I counted 22 fiefs that are not under control of one of these carebear blocs and I give those 22 fiefs a week. You guys sure now how to make Strat boring as fuck. Same mega alliance as last time, same claims, but now we have a mega alliance on the other side.

gg

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that was fun
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »
+5
So, how do you imagine big battles will be organized without these "carebears"? Do you have a better idea?

I'm genuinely interested to hear it. It's interesting because a lot of people started complaining that everyone is "2 srs", and that everything should be casual and relaxed. You seem to want a mod where everybody fools around like children, a mod where everything is a joke.

If I wanted a joke I would go and play fucking Battlefield: Heroes.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »
+4
I'm wondering why small clans should even survive or have fiefs if they only have a couple of semi-active members or if they don't even really care about strat....
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »
+3
So, how do you imagine big battles will be organized without these "carebears"? Do you have a better idea?

I'm genuinely interested to hear it. It's interesting because a lot of people started complaining that everyone is "2 srs", and that everything should be casual and relaxed. You seem to want a mod where everybody fools around like children, a mod where everything is a joke.

If I wanted a joke I would go and play fucking Battlefield: Heroes.

get a life

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »
Well, the big clans could for once stop being fucking pussies and not claim the same old thing with the same old diplomatic relations, screwing over any new clans from the get go. Also, they could not ally with half the playerbase for once, so everyone else can either die or ally with the other half. Would make it a lot more interesting, now wouldn't it? All those clans claiming that they start the new Strat with a clean slate. Turned out really great. Well, atleast we have an even good war now, because both carebear blocs are pretty strong.

Just makes me sad now that Strategus is shaping up nicely, the playerbase does not know how to get the full potential out of it.

(click to show/hide)
Not at all my point.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »
It's not really limited to this community but any game with some type of conquest mechanic leads to big alliances so people can protect their pixels, just kind of a natural thing to protect their in-game effort.. Not that it is a good thing but it's why it happens everywhere. Well that and wanting to win at all costs, even if it means 5 large clans against 1 small independent clan. A lot of people's motivation at the end of the day is just winning.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »
For troops there are two constraints. Players to make them and gold for upkeep.
For gold fiefs matter less than in last strat, but we'll see how well the current system works, ie how scarce is the S&D statistic.

If S&D is abundant enough all the big battles need is players who grind the gold and create troops. If you can make money you could even own zero fiefs and have a fairly big army for your faction to conquer shit with. That just assumes there's plenty of S&D and factions don't go too mercantilistic with tax policies. Though I bet that even at very high taxation trading may be profitable with long enough routes since the distance bonus scales up really fast for first 50 kilometers or so.

All I see the big alliances doing is make the game more boring, but of course that's just my opinion.

We need more totally retarded drama that makes factions fight each other since war being fun doesn't seem like a good enough casus belli.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:46:00 pm »
It's not really limited to this community but any game with some type of conquest mechanic leads to big alliances so people can protect their pixels, just kind of a natural thing to protect their in-game effort.. Not that it is a good thing but it's why it happens everywhere. Well that and wanting to win at all costs, even if it means 5 large clans against 1 small independent clan. A lot of people's motivation at the end of the day is just winning.
Which would be cool, as long as they would see turning on their allies as an option and go for the personal win. Nerf alliances, buff egoism. Sadly, no one wants to turn on their allies cause they would be excluded from the carebear alliance in Strat 5 even though supposedly no one carries grudges.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:11:39 pm »
So who is to be blamed here? Russians? Polacks? :lol:

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:55 pm »
So who is to be blamed here? Russians? Polacks? :lol:
Nope,
Western carebear bloc:
Grey Order
Druzhina
The Union
The Empire
Kingdom of the Nord

Eastern carebear bloc:
The Coalition
Mercs
SoA
Kapikulu
Wolves
Les Troys Lys
Crusader Alliance
CotgS

These guys.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 10:28:52 pm »
Who do you think started UIF?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »
Greys and DRZ aren't the only guys my old friendging about in big circlejerk alliences, all those people on that list are equally gay, no exceptions.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:41:27 pm »
+1
Greys and DRZ aren't the only guys my old friendging about in big circlejerk alliences, all those people on that list are equally gay, no exceptions.

For a while, Strat 2 was dominated by UIF and some smaller factions tried to fight back. Let's just say: Your mother's asshole, I tragedy.

These blocks are the result from DRZ creating UIF to make sure that they will never get more than manageable opposition. I think that's lame, but eh, what do I care when we get huge battles as a result?

You and your loser factions are going to get wiped pretty soon anyway, and then you'll be running to the forums once again, crying about "carebears" and "srs bsns". Strategus is for big boys(sadly?), no room for playful kids.

Look at it on the bright side: There's always fucking Battlefield: Heroes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:45:03 pm by Bjord »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 10:52:31 pm »
+5
Here is Thomek's letter from our archives in September 2010 pleading for an alliance to destroy DRZ before they would become too powerful.

(click to show/hide)

Maybe you should've listened and crushed them before they even got started. You reap what you sow, gents.

As a last ditch effort in strat 1 and to raise some awareness against this threat, we sent out the last of our forces, 2000 men against them to show the spirit of the Ninja Clan. That final day for the  Ninjas of old, there were more Druzhina blood running in the gutters than Ninja blood.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ninja_Khorin, Keeper of Traditions in the Ninja Clan
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:56:19 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »
+9
well either form up a meta-alliance against uif from the beginning or get raped - pretty simple.

Personally I don't like it that way, but its the only way..