Author Topic: Unban request, or at least an explanation  (Read 466 times)

Offline Kayzar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unban request, or at least an explanation
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:31:20 pm »
While this game can be run freely however you want (technically the "public" servers are still privately run). It's a little disappointing to me that I got banned last night (apparently) with no warning and no discussion on it at all. As far as it appeared to me it was clear favoritism, which really can't be judged, as I said. But if you expect mature adult behavior from your players, I would hope for the same thing from the admins. Including fair and just treatment of all players regardless of if they are in your clan or your buddy.

I can guess why I was banned. What I don't understand is why there was no discussion to me at all. I wasn't even simply informed "Hey sorry, you're being banned for a 10 day ban now." But personally I think that the admin should have heard both sides of the story before making a judgement. I feel somewhere in between like I stole some bread and got my hand chopped off with no warning and burned at the stake because someone cried "witch."

I'm apparently still banned and I have absolutely no idea how long it lasts and for what I did it seems silly for it to last any longer than an hour or two.

I intentionally team wounded. Once. Then someone else took matters in to their own hands and started wounding me. I fought back. Eventually I was kicked, of course. I took a deep breath and calmed down that I was kicked when someone else was wounding me but just didn't hit me enough times to also get kicked. Rejoined the game. Then the same person from before started kick/punch spamming me. Now that I know that kick/punch spamming allies is a bannable offense from reading the rules, I will start reporting people who do that, rather than defending myself with weaponry in game to get them to stop. I apologize for the initial team wound which was very clearly a deliberate attack. I also do not think a single intentional team wound is worth being banned for however long I happen to be banned for. The other things I apologize for taking matters in to my own hands and not simply reporting them to the admin. I wonder; however, if the other offender would have been banned similar to me? I am not saying they should have, I simply wonder if they would have been treated more fairly than I.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
Re: Unban request, or at least an explanation
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:04:43 pm »
Your ban expires on 24.09.2012 08:07:02 in a little over 24 hours.  If the admin who bans you sees this he may grant an early release.

As you stated in your post you know better now but just to clarify: Do not intentionally wound teammates during the round.  This includes kicking, punchspaming, RETALIATION wounding, and plain old teamwounding and killing. If someone is teamwounding you intentionally take screenshots and use I chat.  If an admin does not respond and the offender keeps doing it, post here and/or go to IRC and ask for an admin.

Offline Kayzar

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:50:04 pm »
Is that GMT? It's only 9/23 here where I'm at... so that would put it at tomorrow morning if it is on my time zone. Which is over 24 hours from when I was "banned"

And yes, I know better now. Next time I will simply send an I chat report about the guy who was hitting me. Regardless, as I said, I don't think I should have been banned for as long as I was... Nor should have he had I reported him properly. 24+ hours is a lot for one offense with no warning and no chance to behave. I stole bread... I got my hand chopped off.

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:13:18 am »
I  banned you. I saw you repeatably teamwounding someone, The game itself  kicked you you then returned and kept hitting the person. No matter what you should never teamwound, I didnt see him try to retaliate either.

Offline Kayzar

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 06:36:57 am »
Thanks, the first bit of retaliation was weaponry, like I said. He just didn't get enough to be kicked.

The second bit (when I rejoined) I was ready to play peacefully and he was kick/punch spamming me. And since I had (until now) failed to read the rules, I didn't know that was anything that could be kicked/banned, so I took it in to my own hands and tried to kill him to stop it.

Thank you. I promise to be on my bestest behavior on the standard public servers from now on and I will report any issues I come across instead of taking matters in to my own "axe."

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:26:12 am »
If you see something like that your best to take a screenshot, I tell everyone that asks for my help that way I can only ban for what I see if I did see him doing that both of you would have been banned, for equal times.