Author Topic: Strat and high levels, a Suggestion  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strat and high levels, a Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 09:04:12 am »
Well, While sleeping last night I had this thought.

Change the usage of strat ticks based on your level. This can use some brainstorm as I also thought about a potential exploit.

Here's how it works.

If you are level 15< then you would get 2 strat actions per hour. You would still use 4 ticks instead of 2, you just happen to recruit 2 guys instead of 1.
If you are past level 15> but 30< you have a decrease in actions until you hit level 30 which would be the normal or 1 action per hour, using up 2 ticks.
But If you are 30> then you LOOSE actions per hour until you hit level 33 in which case you would get 1 action ever 2 hours(still only using 2 ticks, but it would be on the second hour)

Now the actual breakdown of levels could be worked a little more for this.

The point of this is that low levels are weaker in terms of "in game" but would gain a bonus on the map. At High level, your combat capabilites are superior to the average(level 30) so you are a prized fighter, but you loose strat map capability for this awesomeness.

This would encourage high levels to retire if they care about strat benefits, and by making the top be 33(which is a LONG time to get too) it doesn't penalize those who would like to go 31>32 for retirement heavily. While making anyone that wants to be 33+ basically all have similar negatives since if you are going past 33, you  have a reason beyond retirement.

Now some things: To prevent abuse, tie it into XP rather than level so that people can't just do strat battles and gain xp without going up in level. Also, since this still  uses the same tick amount, the low levels would burn ticks faster meaning that staying low level isn't a good thing as you can only get them by playing. This Normalizes the average strat players into the 28-31 catagories with the other side being outliers.

I'd appreciate some back and forth on how this may work and any potential exploits i may have missed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 04:39:20 am »
First person to actually bother making a respectable post about how to make some balance changes. Love how everyone just wants to have Battle in strat rather than some tactical action on how to play it.

how in gods name would that effect strat tactics, do you know what that word means? No one is forced to retire at level 31

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 04:52:58 am »
how in gods name would that effect strat tactics, do you know what that word means? No one is forced to retire at level 31

It would change how a clan does mercing. In addition, it would change how you handle your clan on the strat map. If you have lots of low levels, you would be able to garner larger armies quicker at the cost of having to get outside mercs to make up for your levels. If you have High levels, you'd need more members to field comparable armies. Nuancing the recruitment system and mercing system. Do i have good high level mercs, average mercs, or low level mercs. Do i have larger less daunting armies, a normal army, or less men. It's not hard to see how it would immediately impact strat.

Also, the devs implemented bonus's for higher level retiring, only reason why this would be valid. 1 week ago I wouldn't even put it up there. At least now high levels will get something decent out of it in addition to different strat benefits.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 12:07:57 am »
tactically retiring to add a +1 bonus to strat autism would not make the game more interesting or fun

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 01:44:39 am »
my idea on how to improve strat:  make strat more complicated and inaccessible for no reason
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 02:21:36 am »
+1
Why is it so hard for people to grasp the difference between Lose and Loose?
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:30 am »
Why is it so hard for people to grasp the difference between Lose and Loose?
I read it and then stopped when I saw the " you will loose" -___-
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.