Author Topic: Strategus Breaks my Graphics Card  (Read 616 times)

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Strategus Breaks my Graphics Card
« on: September 22, 2012, 05:03:43 am »
I have a weird situation in that my FPS takes a huge dump during large Strategus Battles. The first instance occurred during the TKoV battle (The last battle of strat 3.0) in the middle of it and the second happened today at the start our battle over Vayejeg. I was running it to refresh 120 frames per second and at the suggestion of clan mate, its now set to 60. (from the month of Feb-August I had no problems with these settings). When this occurs the fps drops from 120 to 30 and causes my screen to skip dramatically, all games experience this at this time. After I reset the computer, it gets fixed and everything returns to normal.

This only happens because of Strategus battles that have a lot of people in them. I can play crpg battle and modern games (Me3, Shogun 2, Swtor, etc) with no problems at all and for long periods of time. My temps don't exceed over 60 cel at any point. My gpu drivers are properly updated as well. Only team speak runs in the background.

edit: Probably should have put this in the strat section, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:32:02 am by Gmnotutoo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
Re: Strategus Breaks my Graphics Card
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:43:50 am »
Warband is pretty intensive on processing power so especially with high settings and huge player counts it's no wonder if the fps drops somewhat. That said if it worked great before and all other games worked before and still do it's pretty mysterious and you should probably just make sure you haven't accidentally changed warband graphic settings or something.

If everything else was slowed down too, then it'd probably be something that reinstalling Windows and updating drivers would solve.

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 02:14:34 pm »
also, just do a general system check up, eg defrag HDD's, clean cookies, registory etc. Can help at times

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 12:48:32 am »
Warband is pretty intensive on processing power so especially with high settings and huge player counts it's no wonder if the fps drops somewhat. That said if it worked great before and all other games worked before and still do it's pretty mysterious and you should probably just make sure you haven't accidentally changed warband graphic settings or something.

If everything else was slowed down too, then it'd probably be something that reinstalling Windows and updating drivers would solve.

I can go on a full battle/siege server and play this game perfectly for long periods of time.

It only happens during Strat battles and a few other people have experienced this problem as well. For myself and the handful of people that I have talked to this seems to have started after one of the recent major updates which leads me to believe there is a file that is only associated with Strategus that is causing this issue.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.