Author Topic: Nodachi/Bow Samurai Build?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
Re: Nodachi/Bow Samurai Build?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:46 pm »
Use the Tatar bow and drop archery WPF down to 135 and raise two-hander to 100. You will still have enough accuracy and a tatar still kills 98% of the time that the horn bow would get the kill.

I don't think it's a good idea, wpf for melee weapon is worthless compare to wpf for bow.

He should build 50 2h /150 bow but probably go for a katana. (you wont see the difference beetween 50 and 100 wpf with a katana)

Offline Righteous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »
Thanks, that makes more sense yeah.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »
I played as a 24/15 archer/melee. Not with a nodachi and yumi, but similar. I used longbow and a 1h weapon. With 8 Power Draw and 8 Power strike, you can take down people with only a few arrows. When someone closes in, they will not expect your devastating swings at all. The only problem is that you can't wear the heavy samurai armor - there just won't be enough WPF for your archery to meet the needed minimum.

With the light strange armor set you could probably pull this off - the higher strength will give you a few extra hit points to make up for some of the lost armor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »
Who said anything about horses?

Whoops.  :oops:

I just retired and became a HA lol so I guess I read it wrong o.O