Poll

Do you want to keep this map?

yes
7 (33.3%)
no
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Rage about maps (siege)  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Rage about maps (siege)
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:33:37 am »
I have grown tried of shitty maps. I like that we have new maps but after playing on them it makes me rage. I don’t rage much; i curse now and then but always laugh after. I play on this BRD Map and i rage. I didn’t even laugh after; i just raged and hated it. i have never played on a worse map then that. Who ever made the map should have their face punched every dam day in the morning..... for life and i hope they live to be 100. Idk how anyone can say they tested or believe it looked ok. i wonder if we are that in need of maps that we let that art project form hell in? It is like a RSP kid grabbed a hand full of glitter and glue and just fap off till his little arms were tried. Thus the BRD map was born. I even hate calling it BRD map cuz BRD is a real clan with real players and that map is just sooo shitty that when i say brd map i don’t want to believe it came form a real source... No way someone in BRD was like "hey this is a cool map" Idk who made this map and i hope to god it wasn’t the same person who made the anit-cav map before in the 80 man sever but it too is anit-cav.
I would like that when a map is added we are given posts on it, and people have to test it...
I say the map maker post that he has made a new map, and shows his work, and who has tested it. Then if there was a theme in it or not. This will help map makers stay on track with their work, and we would have better maps.
Check to see if it is crap, dose it look like a kid fap off till his arms are tried? if so dose it even work or is it just cluter?
Dose it take a few min to walk form point A to B? if so its crap, shouldn’t take 2 min to walk form one spot to the other, we are here to play not to walk!
Can every class be played? Not fair that u can be ranged but I can use my pony D: (FYI am not cav)
This started as rage, but i hope it helps out some how
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:36:36 am by Native_ATS »

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Re: Rage about maps (siege)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:41:52 am »
The funny thing about map, as someone who's been around to test it repeatedly, is that it takes about twenty-thirty seconds to get to the flag.

A few days ago, we were playing on that map and there were numerous complaints about it being a map that favoured defense too heavily.

We took the flag in forty seconds.

They then changed the whine to say that it's a map that favours attackers.

We defended the flag.

Ultimately, it's a map that requires coordination to get a definite win either way (read: balanced), and so I can see why it's a problem for pubs.

Why it's a problem for you, I don't know.

Maybe you should get your clanmates to join you?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:44:42 am »
Walking up hills at 1/4 normal speed isnt fun.  Getting stuck on terrian and in poorly made gaps isnt fun.  Falling thru holes you cant see isnt fun.  THe map is amateur and should be taken out

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 11:45:12 am »
The funny thing about map, as someone who's been around to test it repeatedly, is that it takes about twenty-thirty seconds to get to the flag.

A few days ago, we were playing on that map and there were numerous complaints about it being a map that favoured defense too heavily.

We took the flag in forty seconds.

They then changed the whine to say that it's a map that favours attackers.

We defended the flag.

Ultimately, it's a map that requires coordination to get a definite win either way (read: balanced), and so I can see why it's a problem for pubs.

Why it's a problem for you, I don't know.

Maybe you should get your clanmates to join you?
the time to walk to point A-B isnt bad on this shitty shit map, i just wanted to bring it up for others to take note on, The time to walk form A-B on this crap map is fine... yet it is a Crap map for all the other Reasons...
 u didnt test it did you? :shock:

Offline Kalam

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:49:06 am »
the time to walk to point A-B isnt bad on this shitty shit map, i just wanted to bring it up for others to take note on, The time to walk form A-B on this crap map is fun... yet it is a Crap map for all the other Reasons...
 u didnt test it did you? :shock:

We did, actually. Several times before it was released, and then after it was added when Wallace wanted to make changes to address the issues.

I agree that it did have issues, but they were fixed.

And I've never had any problems playing defense or offense on that map.

Like I said, the only issues I can imagine are if I tried playing it alone in a sea of pubs.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:57:53 am »
We did, actually. Several times before it was released, and then after it was added when Wallace wanted to make changes to address the issues.

I agree that it did have issues, but they were fixed.

And I've never had any problems playing defense or offense on that map.

Like I said, the only issues I can imagine are if I tried playing it alone in a sea of pubs.
ugh... Kalam I think the walking time form A-B is fine! why is it that this map fails ever where ells?
why is it anit cav, why is it all up hill... why are is their random crap taking up space, why all the over sized shit? why couldnt they just make a better map....
Kalam ur my hero am not tring to mess with you or troll i just dont understand how this map is seen as ok
i cant speak for ats, but for me and many others when this map pops up it is a shared feeling of "LAME lets get this shit map over with"

Offline Kalam

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »
ugh... Kalam I think the walking time form A-B is fine! why is it that this map fails ever where ells?
why is it anit cav, why is it all up hill... why are is their random crap taking up space, why all the over sized shit? why couldnt they just make a better map....
Kalam ur my hero am not tring to mess with you or troll i just dont understand how this map is seen as ok
i cant speak for ats, but for me and many others when this map pops up it is a shared feeling of "LAME lets get this shit map over with"

Admittedly, it's designed to favour straight infantry melee. Though I think it also favours ground throwing. This is to provide a direct ebb and flow from outside the walls to within the walls, to keep people focused on taking and defending the flag instead of sitting on the walls and shooting at the flag when it's being taken.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:15:04 pm »
Admittedly, it's designed to favour straight infantry melee. Though I think it also favours ground throwing. This is to provide a direct ebb and flow from outside the walls to within the walls, to keep people focused on taking and defending the flag instead of sitting on the walls and shooting at the flag when it's being taken.
I can throw on anymap... throwing can be done anywhere and every where  but you are right, up hill battles are easy fights for throwing, i think this map would be 70% better if it was a flat land map with walls instead of that big hill, try a ladder instead of the brown road on the right side? Then cav can run free once the gate is down... and no one has to run super slow. This also frees up the cluter in the map to be usefull! you can shot people with range form it, or fight off cav. maybe put the flag and that building its in 20 feet back more that way u can make it up hill still for that part still, thus still leading a strong fav to infantry? idk am not a map maker,  i like to build shit but this isnt my map. i just feel it needs re-amping or saddly to be switched out for a diff map  :(

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:41:08 pm »
I think the map is balanced. Siege was not designed to favor cav in anyway. The main issue I had was terrible spawns, but it was updated and fixed. Unfortunately 80% of siege players hate this map and every single time I create a poll to change the map it passes with flying colors. Yesterday I refused to change the map because I felt it was balanced and the siege instantly dropped from 90 players to 69. That is a staggering loss and it is an unacceptable loss of players. I think it would be a benefit to the server as a whole if this map was removed.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:10 pm »
it appears terrain needs to be evened out [hills made less of a climb in height, so on] and people will stop being mad. Keep needs to be lowered in scale slightly to make that possible.

oh, and cav has no place in that map -- it is a siege after all. Archers/Xbows/ and infantry are perfectly balanced. The map is balanced although can be a bit painful to play because of movement, apparently.

By the way, reference the thread regarding the map next time. here is a link.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3169.0.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:07:22 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:39 pm »
I just can't wait to see what people have to say about my next map... which favors smashing your head against a wall instead of working together
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 02:57:41 am »
I just can't wait to see what people have to say about my next map... which favors smashing your head against a wall instead of working together
as long as it isnt as bad as the last one.. i wish you the best  :|

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 03:05:32 am »

As long as I don't have to fight uphill to do it

Side note, I think the map is balanced, just not fun.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 03:09:12 am »
I may not like it, but I dont hate it either. Most people hate whats different... Which is fine. This is a game and the game is not for one single person, its for all. Im just happy someone had the balls to put a map out there like that. It sparks the imagination. Not to mention I also appreciate a place for people to rage. If nothing else it lets other map makers what the player(s) like and dislike and they can at least form their maps around that. 

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 05:23:06 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3854.0.html

Latest map I made... flat  lane for cav to go apeshit on below the flag