Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23471 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 06:16:34 pm »
I totally agree and support the thing you cannot sheath huge weapons.
Who can fight by carrying 3 meter pike on the back ?
Epic bs.
I also think that if you couch your lance and hit an enemy,your lance should be disappeared .
After couch it rather stays on the body cuz it went thru too much on body/armour or your lance should break and become unusable again (For the same round.)
Think of a cavalary couching or watch some documantaries or movies you'll understand what i meant.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:45 pm »
About lances breaking, does that add only to realism or is there a gameplay perk/balance reason to that?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 06:49:47 pm »
About lances breaking, does that add only to realism or is there a gameplay perk/balance reason to that?

Its more of a realism thing I guess, then cav will have to switch to sword after using the lance
Just a soldier

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »
Its more of a realism thing I guess, then cav will have to switch to sword after using the lance

Then in this case I vote no.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:28 pm »
Well just couch if you dare losing your lance it adds both realism and balance imo.
If something is unreal it is unbalanced.
If there was throwing pikes or throwing flamberges wouldn't you want them to be removed ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:00:58 pm by koyama »

Offline Fyre

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Is this a dagger which I see before me?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fyre (cRPG), MrX (Native)
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »

So real medieval warfare was balanced, eh?

I guess every single sci-fi game is also unbalanced then, right?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:19:55 pm by Fyre »
Sigspace to be filled later.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »
A guy with a pike loses it when he sheaths it, a guy with a lance on a horse never will drop his lance, SO, the reason for a breaking lance would be to compensate for the guy with the pike being more likely to drop his weapon than the horsemen
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:23:51 pm by ManOfWar »
Just a soldier

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2011, 08:21:56 pm »
Well just couch if you dare losing your lance it adds both realism and balance imo.
Lol just lol. Epic troll.

Cavalry isn't exactly pwning the crap out of everyone either, unreal, so imbalanced!
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Fyre

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Is this a dagger which I see before me?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fyre (cRPG), MrX (Native)
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »
A guy with a pike loses it when he sheaths it, a guy with a lance on a horse never will drop his lance, SO, the reason for a breaking lance would be to compensate for the guy with the pike being more likely to drop his weapon than the horsemen

I've never played with a pike, so I don't know, but I'm fairly sure you keep a pike when you sheath it. At least in the current patch.
Sigspace to be filled later.

Offline TommyHu

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:54 pm »
I like how all these big posts turn into discussions on what to change about cav...To the people who want lances to actually break after every hit...they didn't. Jousting/tournament lances are meant to break upon impact. Actual lances people carried into battle aren't meant to break after one use.

About the 2 slot or even 3 slot items...I'm not so sure how it will play out, so I'm hesitant to say if it'll be a good or bad change. I think that if someone is carrying a very large item like a pike or a siege ladder, I would prefer if they can still carry other equipment, but if you bring that big item, it starts in your hands and you actually have to carry it. If you want to access the other stuff you're carrying, you need to drop the said pike/ladder
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:03:00 pm by TommyHu »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2011, 09:37:47 pm »
Epic bs.
I also think that if you couch your lance and hit an enemy,your lance should be disappeared .
After couch it rather stays on the body cuz it went thru too much on body/armour or your lance should break and become unusable again (For the same round.)
Think of a cavalary couching or watch some documantaries or movies you'll understand what i meant.

+1 :), cavalry already can dominate the battle servers for hours on end if you get 5 or more decent cav together.  With so few carrying pikes after this next patch this would help balance cav, as their 1-hit kill capability can only be used once.  And  yes galloping full speed on a charger and couching someone witha  lance it will punch through an enemy's body (why its 1 hit kill) and would get stuck, you are not just going to just pull it out and couch someone 10 seconds later and then again and again and rack up 34-2 records (seen a lot of cav doing this recently) because the only counter is to have everyone pike up but then the enemy infantry attack you while you have a pike and you either have to try fighting witha  pike against a sword and shield even if you have 1 wpf in it or switch to your primary weapons which is when any decent cav will finally charge you and couch you when you are about to melee.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:43 pm »
@TommyHu
Epic bs.
Read better next time.Lances break this is for real so as pikes...because they are not titanium only wood.They break if an angled vector forces it too much.(Sorry for fail english i hope i made my point well :D)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2011, 10:09:49 pm »
I could accept pike/lance breaking, but only if the lolswords will break too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:09 pm »
+1 :), cavalry already can dominate the battle servers for hours on end if you get 5 or more decent cav together.  With so few carrying pikes after this next patch this would help balance cav, as their 1-hit kill capability can only be used once.  And  yes galloping full speed on a charger and couching someone witha  lance it will punch through an enemy's body (why its 1 hit kill) and would get stuck, you are not just going to just pull it out and couch someone 10 seconds later and then again and again and rack up 34-2 records (seen a lot of cav doing this recently) because the only counter is to have everyone pike up but then the enemy infantry attack you while you have a pike and you either have to try fighting witha  pike against a sword and shield even if you have 1 wpf in it or switch to your primary weapons which is when any decent cav will finally charge you and couch you when you are about to melee.

The servers are full with roof camping  ranged my old friends and you  talking some crap about cav ..troll more
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »
Lancebreaking is probably the dumbest idea I've ever read/heard. Do you think cav is overpowered? The only time cav get those scores you're talking about is when the other team consists of individual idiots with a serious lack of braincells. If a team plays smartly, cav can't do jack shit, I.E. cav doesn't need a nerf. Also, on a side note, couching doesn't always one-hit people.

Also, I'm not cav.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.