Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23442 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2011, 09:16:55 am »
Your "point" to Darkkarma fails utterly since it relies on some implied sense of historical realism.  Also successful trained x-bowmen in said historical reality were equipped with melee weapons they were well trained in the use of, and had deployable pavise shields to use for cover.

Thx for teaching us historical lesson that most of us already know very well but do we have deployable pavise shields in this mod ? I dont think so. Did i ever said anything about crossbowmen without melee weapons ? I dont think so. Which leaves me kind of wondering what your "point" with this post was/is......  :wink:

"Implied sense of historical realism" ??? Yes, i DO think this mod (the ones who develop it) should aim to achieve balance by realism, as much as the game engine allows. And yes, it should aim towards teamwork battles, rather then solo Ramboish rampages. You seem like a clever guy who might have an idea what medieval battles looked like but meh, youre still an american, you guys just have too much examples of fantasy one-man-saves-the-whole-world heroics. You just love one man armies, heroes, demi-gods, halls of fame, best ofs, etc. :)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:28 am »
Pikes are gonna be drop only, meaning that if you have pike in your hands, whenever you switch to other weapon or try to sheath the pike, you will drop it on the ground.
For slower people - no more pocket pikes. ^^

What's the point of doing that ? people will just use bambo or switch to two hand.
That will nerf polearm and give yet another advantage to great sword that are already the best for duel, extremely good in big group fight thank to the trust and 2nd best against cav next to pike.
It will be fair if you change lolstab to halfsword mode like for the flamberge but then cav will be extremely OP.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2011, 09:33:36 am »
What's the point of doing that ? people will just use bambo or switch to two hand.
That will nerf polearm and give yet another advantage to great sword that are already the best for duel, extremely good in big group fight thank to the trust and 2nd best against cav next to pike.
It will be fair if you change lolstab to halfsword mode like for the flamberge but then cav will be extremely OP.

Every weapon that is not visible when sheathed now will be sheath-drop. AFAIK

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2011, 10:52:58 am »
Is this really an issue?  People having too many weapons on them.  The flexibility that c-rpg gives you is what makes the game more interesting than native.  Who really gives a flying fuck whether someone has a shield, sword, polearm, and throwing axes?  That's actually pretty historically accurate anyway.  Doesn't seem over powered to me, you move slower and it's not like you can use them all at the same time.  Why don't you knobs spend your precious time making strategus work again instead of fixing things that were never broken?

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »
Is this really an issue?  People having too many weapons on them.  The flexibility that c-rpg gives you is what makes the game more interesting than native.  Who really gives a flying fuck whether someone has a shield, sword, polearm, and throwing axes?  That's actually pretty historically accurate anyway.  Doesn't seem over powered to me, you move slower and it's not like you can use them all at the same time.  Why don't you knobs spend your precious time making strategus work again instead of fixing things that were never broken?

I think it's a huge issue. I am tired of pocket pikes and people throwing down 3 ladders while still having room for their spamberge. As a person that uses polearm, I totally support this and wish they would take it further by making throwing weapons like javelins, jarids, and lances take up 2 slots.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2011, 01:14:11 pm »
As a cav I support drop-on-sheath-pike   :mrgreen:

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:30 pm »
As a cav I support drop-on-sheath-pike   :mrgreen:
before you gloat remember that the lance will also take 3 slots and will be dropped...
No more poelarm cavs with a lance on horse and a long hafted something in the pocket. Unless there is some short 1-slot polearm, it means that you'll spend some wpf in 1H to have a sidearm, or that you primary mounted polearm will be a spear.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2011, 01:37:15 pm »
before you gloat remember that the lance will also take 3 slots and will be dropped...
No more poelarm cavs with a lance on horse and a long hafted something in the pocket. Unless there is some short 1-slot polearm, it means that you'll spend some wpf in 1H to have a sidearm, or that you primary mounted polearm will be a spear.

I wouldn't be so sure lance is gonna be 3 slot. AFAIK, the common motion on IRC was to give no-sheath weapons 2 slots. The drop thing is big enough nerf imo.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:48 pm »

Either way still a buff to cav :) I wouldn't mind using a heavy lance on foot too. There's too many pocket pikes around.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2011, 01:57:58 pm »
I wouldn't be so sure lance is gonna be 3 slot. AFAIK, the common motion on IRC was to give no-sheath weapons 2 slots. The drop thing is big enough nerf imo.

If that's the case, you have 2 slots heavy lance, 1 slot knightly heater shield, 1 slot LHB (visible on back ater sheathing) as a cav.
Wouldn't change a whole lot I think.

Only if the "no sheath" is the same as "not visible when sheathed" which I read somewhere.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2011, 01:59:51 pm »
If that's the case, you have 2 slots heavy lance, 1 slot knightly heater shield, 1 slot LHB (visible on back ater sheathing) as a cav.

Only if the "no sheath" is the same as "not visible when sheathed" which I read somewhere.

I'm pretty sure all polearms (with very few exceptions) will be 2 slots at least, no matter if they are visible or not when sheathed.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »

Common sense tells me LHB will be 2 slot too.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2011, 04:27:23 pm »
youre still an american

Pretty much invalidates everything you post since your "go to" is the bigot well.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »
I guess cav will go with the following:

Heavy Lance
Cav shield
One-hander

or
Heavy Lance
Polearm for when dismounted
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »
Pretty much invalidates everything you post since your "go to" is the bigot well.

lol is "an american" like the new N-word over the atlantic these days?

yall r bunch of `mericans!

there  :P
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works