Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23426 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »
Hehe, you are really funny. It's game with autobalance. First round you play in one team, second in other, third you play in first again. You have 6 minutes on Longest map. Do you really think you can make teamwork ih this case? Its mob fights. All possible tactics is - ALL RIGHT and ALL LEFT. Even SHIELD WALL can make disorder.

Strategus was team game instead.

...and what would a dedicated archer know about teamwork ? Back in Strategos you were able to solve most of the battles on your own, i bet you never even remembered the names of the people who fought alongside you, they were here only to die while you sharpshoot your enemies from a safe spot 2 miles away from combat, mostly headshots.......i sure hope the developers dont have any intensions to bring that kind of "teamwork" back to us..........

Oh and protip: watch my squad when there is at least 5 or 6 of us online......it will help you to understand the meaning of teamwork, whether we camp or charge, and we do both.
Too bad this mod still allows your kind of dedicated archer Rambos to be rather successful, but even such scumbags cant do much against proper teamwork.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2011, 08:46:15 pm »
yeah , because who will you shoot when 5 of them rush at you??

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2011, 09:19:31 pm »
chadz is clearly trolling.
This patch will never come out. Ever.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Literally_Circler

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally a Clan
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2011, 11:26:40 pm »
See now I don't buy that for a second. This is going to hurt alot ofdedicated hybrid players such myself. I can respect that they wanted to cut down the major issue of hybrids, (mainly with crossbows and their not so steep wpf requirements) But come on, I mean, as far  as i'm concerned this is going to seriously destroy alot of hybrids and dedicated crossbowmen as well.

I'll be forced to just using a bloody one hander or extremely low end polearm, I mean, as a crossbowman, I can count on going into melee the vast majority of time. I may not be a melee force, but I can at least hold my own. I can't run around and kite guys in a Loki-esque style and , continually hit my targets while on the move. Once I miss and i'm being pursued, i'm going to HAVE to melee assuming I don't 1 hit him or have about 30 feet to work with.  My melee capabilities are going to be hit VERY hard with this patch(not to mention the item I heirloomed for the soul purpose of going with my bow is now effectively useless as far as that is concerned. Simply steepening ranged wpf requirements for xbows would seem to be alot simpler. Better yet, why not make it dependant on powerdraw like bows? It would seriously cut back on the amount of hybrid users as well as not screw over the  dedicated crossbowmen out there.

A similar skill steepening could be done for throwing so that it's not as practical. I mean, I get it, right now it's not a mater of "should I hybrid" rather than "why shouldn't I hybrid?" But come on, we're not all lance tankmen fighters that can balance out two melee weapons and still have 60 wpf in crossbow and be effective.

All in all, this seems like an extremely short sighted fix.

couldnt have said it better, im stuck in the exact same situation

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2011, 01:38:20 am »
If you are a Shielder (assuming you're carrying the ones that are going to take 2 slots),
Seriously, shields are going to take two slots? Why not just reduce everyone to three instead of four slots then? If shields take up two slots that ends up nerfing everyone in the game: 2h/polearm users need an extra slot, archers and crossbows an extra slot and now if you want to use a shield you need an extra slot too! I've just retired and started putting points into one handed and polearm, intending to fight mainly sword and shield but switching to a polearm if my shield gets broken. If polearms and shields need two slots, that's going to be impossible... the only option for a backup weapon now is going to be throwing, or else we're going to see a ridiculous level of turtling up with 2 or 3 shields.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Immolarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Immolarious
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2011, 01:52:57 am »

This.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2011, 07:11:51 am »
Seriously, shields are going to take two slots? Why not just reduce everyone to three instead of four slots then? If shields take up two slots that ends up nerfing everyone in the game: 2h/polearm users need an extra slot, archers and crossbows an extra slot and now if you want to use a shield you need an extra slot too! I've just retired and started putting points into one handed and polearm, intending to fight mainly sword and shield but switching to a polearm if my shield gets broken. If polearms and shields need two slots, that's going to be impossible... the only option for a backup weapon now is going to be throwing, or else we're going to see a ridiculous level of turtling up with 2 or 3 shields.

We are all taking hits. If you seriously want to see a guy like cyranule, man of war, or even worse, some lamer like ishtar neo with a multitude of weapons in addition to his lame pick and uber shield? At least in this sense, the patch is a good idea. No more pocket polearms and pikes. I personally like the idea of shielders being limited in their options. They are already good enough, ffs.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:12:57 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2011, 11:40:30 am »
only big shields will take 2 slots, no? (huscarl and board, while board will be buffed)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2011, 12:06:04 pm »
This +1

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2011, 12:25:11 pm »
We are all taking hits. If you seriously want to see a guy like cyranule, man of war, or even worse, some lamer like ishtar neo with a multitude of weapons in addition to his lame pick and uber shield? At least in this sense, the patch is a good idea. No more pocket polearms and pikes. I personally like the idea of shielders being limited in their options. They are already good enough, ffs.
This limits shielders to "nothing" unless you want to take throwing axes. When I've fought on foot, I've always had an axe on my back for if my shield broke; I never realised before how OP and abusive I was being. Again, why not just give everyone three slots instead of four?

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2011, 12:42:30 pm »
This limits shielders to "nothing" unless you want to take throwing axes. When I've fought on foot, I've always had an axe on my back for if my shield broke; I never realised before how OP and abusive I was being. Again, why not just give everyone three slots instead of four?

'Cause that would not touch hybrids at all? They would just take a 2h/polearm instead of 1h+shield (if they dont already use that) and laugh at the pityful try from dev team to nerf 'em. And yeah, I'm one of the hybrids and I see no problem with this new slot thing :P

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2011, 01:18:46 pm »
I hope there's a reset and new choice of heirlooms with this patch, because it is going to have a dramatic effect on some people's characters.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2011, 01:26:10 pm »
I hope there's a reset and new choice of heirlooms with this patch, because it is going to have a dramatic effect on some people's characters.

oh god no, i would quit CRPG if this were the case (not really).

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2011, 01:53:29 pm »

+1

aside of that i see no reason why there shouldn't be a reset (except for pissing majority of players off and a few stacked looms of noob barmace - still not valid reason why the others should suffer too)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2011, 01:59:55 pm »
...and what would a dedicated archer know about teamwork ? Back in Strategos you were able to solve most of the battles on your own, i bet you never even remembered the names of the people who fought alongside you, they were here only to die while you sharpshoot your enemies from a safe spot 2 miles away from combat, mostly headshots.......i sure hope the developers dont have any intensions to bring that kind of "teamwork" back to us..........

Oh and protip: watch my squad when there is at least 5 or 6 of us online......it will help you to understand the meaning of teamwork, whether we camp or charge, and we do both.
Too bad this mod still allows your kind of dedicated archer Rambos to be rather successful, but even such scumbags cant do much against proper teamwork.

You're so bitter, Gnjus :o
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.