Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23397 times)

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »
That's why you have melee to support you and give you enough time to reload lots of times. Or position yourself on the roof. You can easily avoid melee until you're the last man standing. And even then you are able to use that 1h.

Also for the MW sniper kill chance of 50% - nonsense. Learn to pick your targets and you'll get enough kills before you get melee'd.

1. Ladders will take 2 or 3 slots + many new maps are created in a way that roofs have barriers. It is difficult to avoid melee even now.

2. 50% chance of kill is not a nonsense. It is a fact. At the beginning of the round I cannot kill naked guy pumped with IF; at the end of the round it gets better.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2011, 03:25:04 pm »
i would like to see that horses use these slots, and not extra one..

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2011, 03:25:29 pm »
That's why you have melee to support you and give you enough time to reload lots of times. Or position yourself on the roof. You can easily avoid melee until you're the last man standing. And even then you are able to use that 1h. Also for the MW sniper kill chance of 50% - nonsense. Learn to pick your targets and you'll get enough kills before you get melee'd. MW sniper has buttloads of damage and it should kill pretty much anyone not in plate, with a body shot.

Oh as long as we are talking teamwork, then I think that the german great sword is a very OP weapon! I mean, it stabs really far and if you have a group of melee or ranged supporting you, you can do really well with it!

Dude, most weapons work really well with team work.  The thing is, you're team isn't there to bail you out plenty of times. Even then, if you're the last man standing, you may get off two shots before the enemy is on you. You'll be lucky if you ever load another bolt in the chamber that round; especially if you're using a simple 1 hander. As far as the bow killing most people in one hit out of plate, that's absolute tripe and you know it. I've been working with bows for months now and unless i'm shooting peasants, 1 hit shots don't happen very often. It also happens even less with the nonmasterworked weapons  (yeah, I actually aim for high priority targets, rather than peasants, I suggest you try it rather than presumably shoot low levels and make hasty generalizations as a result.) Anyway, my point behind that is that the Sniper bows certainly aren't OP per say. They do suffer from a problem all xbows suffer from, too little wpf required to have decent accuracy with them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:33:03 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »
1. Ladders will take 2 or 3 slots + many new maps are created in a way that roofs have barriers. It is difficult to avoid melee even now.

2. 50% chance of kill is not a nonsense. It is a fact. At the beginning of the round I cannot kill naked guy pumped with IF; at the end of the round it gets better.

1. No it is not difficult to avoid melee. Stand behind shield wall and move away when the melee clash. Or move with other archers and just kite melee.

2. 50% chance to kill is nonsense, once you learn to pick the right targets. Shooting powerhouse tanks with pumped up IF with your xbow is just stupid, unless shooting them is really needed.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 03:34:00 pm »
Oh as long as we are talking teamwork, then I think that the german great sword is a very OP weapon! I mean, it stabs really far and if you have a group of melee or ranged supporting you, you can do really well with it!

Dude, most weapons work really well with team work.  The thing is, you're team isn't there to bail you out plenty of times. Even then, if you're the last man standing, you may get off two shots before the enemy is on you. You'll be lucky if you ever load another bolt in the chamber that round; especially if you're using a simple 1 hander. As far as the bow killing most people in one hit out of plate, that's absolute tripe and you know it. I've been working with bows for months now and unless i'm shooting peasants, 1 hit shots don't happen very often. It also happens even less with the nonmasterworked weapons  (yeah, I actually aim for high priority targets, rather than peasants, I suggest you try it rather than presumably shoot low levels and make hasty generalizations as a result.) Anyway, my point behind that is that the Sniper bows certainly aren't OP per say. They do suffer from a problem all xbows suffer from, too little wpf required to have decent accuracy with them.

I was talking about MW sniper xbow (or even the normal one), not bows one shotting.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:34 pm »
yay for 2 slot items, it mean more dilemmas and though choice when creating your build and that's what rpg are all about.
Can't wait for the patch getting a little bit bored right now.
Also 50 wpf in melee is a huge difference (at least for me), especially since agi doesn't count for swing speed anymore.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:52 pm »
I was talking about MW sniper xbow (or even the normal one), not bows one shotting.

It's the very best and most expensive bow in the game, even then, you need masterworked bolts, and the bow at masterwork to even come to the way it used to be before. Even then, it's still very slow. It is strong and certainly does well against archers if you snipe them froma distance, but it's not OP in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:37:55 pm by Darkkarma »

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 03:40:02 pm »
1. No it is not difficult to avoid melee. Stand behind shield wall and move away when the melee clash. Or move with other archers and just kite melee.

Xbow is useless on the distance where bow can still make damage. For that reason siege shields are often placed too far. PLUS they will take 2 slots....

2. 50% chance to kill is nonsense, once you learn to pick the right targets. Shooting powerhouse tanks with pumped up IF with your xbow is just stupid, unless shooting them is really needed.

Picking targets is crucial, I know, but it STILL is 50%. Shielders, well, have shields, and 2h ARE pumped with IF...

Overall, I still believe that new patch will mostly hit xbowman +1h +shield, throwers (they are melee guys anyway, plus sometimes throwing guys are ridiculous as far as distance is concerned), and to a lesser extent bowman. So it is aimed in buffing pure melee. I have no problem with that, as long as certain types of hybrids are still a viable option.

It's the very best and most expensive bow in the game, even then, you need masterworked bolts, and the bow at masterwork to even come to the way it used to be before. Even then, it's still very slow. It is strong and certainly does well against archers if you snipe them froma distance, but it's not OP in my opinion.

+1

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 03:41:47 pm »
For me this is a very bad idea. As I like to loadout realisticly so Pike, Side sword, dagger etc. Things like that.  :|

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2011, 03:50:32 pm »

It also does well against horses and 2H/Poles without a shield and plate armor.
So the only thing left that could cause you problems are shielders. That's one thing. And thats why I find it OP. IMO

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:34 pm »
It also does well against horses and 2H/Poles without a shield and plate armor.
So the only thing left that could cause you problems are shielders. That's one thing. And thats why I find it OP. IMO

Most ranged weapons do well against a moving horse running into said projectiles, as do most ranged do well against any kind of uncovered enemy at a distance. Also, depending on where you hit, the damage inflicted can be minimal (leg and arm shots will hardly ever 1 hit kill unless the character is badly wounded/low lvl.) Also, it is the only ranged weapon affected by rain. Also, if you can hit a moving horse that ISN'T two or three feet away from you regularly, then you've got my admiration bro and should prolly toss me a tip or two  (:oops:). While it has the potential to kill all of the things you mentioned, it is much easier said than done. In a group of ranged, sure, it' is something to look for, but that can be said of most ranged grouped up. Alone, it's nothing great.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:01:15 pm by Darkkarma »

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:45 pm »
think 1st, write 2nd - the new patch will be awesome
Close the topic now please.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 03:58:44 pm »
+1

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 04:15:15 pm »
Sure, let's stop talking about things that OTHERS don't like.....

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »
I by and large just wanted to see what the main goal behind bringing this around was, I had an idea of the motive behind it, and numerous posts have pretty much confirmed it. I can't say I agree with it at all, really, but time will tell how well it works out.(hopefully better than I think it will)

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to respond!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:29:03 pm by Darkkarma »