Author Topic: Wpf and breaking chance  (Read 894 times)

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
Wpf and breaking chance
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:12:51 pm »
Hello,

I have a big problem with my weapon here, i have 7 PS and 109 wpf (and 8PS/111wpf pretty soon) and it's almost each two rounds ....
  With a 30k gold build and a Great long axe as weapon i'm losing tones of gold because of this, more than with a 42k gold cav build.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem ? Does the devs know about it ?

Weapon master is almost worthless for mele player, each skillpoint give you something like 0.6% swing speed and +1.5% damage.

If i have to take WM to be able to play and win gold with a standard and even pretty low cost build that would really piss me off.
The fact that you have to compromise beetween power and rentabiliy is already a system lame enough  :mad:. So we shouldnt have to compromise our skillpoint too ...

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Wpf and breaking chance
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:03:08 pm »
Sometimes stuff gets repaired all the time, sometimes not...
I think its supposed to be not all the time. From my personal experience - if an item is more expensive it gets broken more often. I can use cheapass gear all the time and hardly have the repairtext, I switch to a heavy armor, play one round and it gets repaired. Dunno, I play with medium gear to gain money and only switch to heavy stuff on rare occasions.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38:25 pm »
You should be maxing out wm anyways. Every 50 points is about equal to an extra powerstrike. The swing speed never hurts, and with 150+ wpf you forget that your weapon can break anyways.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:36:17 pm »
You should be maxing out wm anyways. Every 50 points is about equal to an extra powerstrike. The swing speed never hurts, and with 150+ wpf you forget that your weapon can break anyways.

50 points require 6 WM ...

24/15
IF: 8
PS: 8
Shield: 2
ATH: 5

Polearm: 111

That's my build and i find it totaly awesome, the problem is the weapon breaking all the time ...

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »
+2
50 points require 6 WM ...

24/15
IF: 8
PS: 8
Shield: 2
ATH: 5

Polearm: 111

That's my build and i find it totaly awesome, the problem is the weapon breaking all the time ...

with 21\15 and maxed wm you'll have same damage output, much better swing speed and pity chance for repair. Yes, this will cost you 5hp. Also you've got 1 skillpoint for free.

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:32:18 pm »
well you got much more killing power and much more hitpoints than most of all other players, so its actually just correct that you pay for it ;)

I think next gen i'll go for an easy 2h which stack well with strengh based build. Something like Morningstar or Bar mace, polearms good for strengh build and sheathable are too expensive =(.

I need something with more than 90 speed (because of the low wpf) which hurt and has a good weight finaly bonus against shield is a great plus, as well as thrust. I dont care about the lenght, i can get close and take few th with 75hp.

Great long axe is good for that, as well as Long War Axe but these two are ruining me.

I think i need to be 2h to win golds =(