Author Topic: DTV changes  (Read 990 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
DTV changes
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:48:35 am »
-remove upkeep and also gold gain (or make it so you only get gold if you win)
-let us use horses or at least be able to keep the bots horses from round to round until they die.
-add a little number indicator that says how many players are near virgin
-add ability for players to buy weapons and armor for virgin

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: DTV changes
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:28:02 am »
+3
Why remove upkeep and gold gain? Upkeep it what keeps the game in balance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:22:30 am »
+1
no gold and exp. Then why are we playing this?

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »
Why remove upkeep and gold gain? Upkeep it what keeps the game in balance.
Upkeep forces players to use weak gear in DTV in their 'valiant' efforts to 'save their gold purse' and not the virgin. Upkeep doesn't balance anything in DTV since all players are on the same team. All it does is make it so we all lose because people care more about not losing gold. An example: I've said before to one player something like 'if we had more crossbows we might actually win' etc. Response was something about him not being able to afford using a crossbow due to not wanting to pay upkeep.

Some players don't give a damn about upkeep and instead would rather WIN. However a few players who are serious about winning cannot carry the rest of the whole leech team to a win everytime.

no gold and exp. Then why are we playing this?
I said no gold not xp.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:13:10 pm by Lichen »

Offline Dr_Pockets

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dr_Pockets
  • IRC nick: Dr_Pockets
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:50:06 pm »
Your idea is not as crazy as all the -1s would suggest. The only major change I would want to do is removing upkeep if your team wins.
GG Spookfans

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »
+2
you can roll with plate and still get gold in DTV if you menage to pass sea riders. I beated this dtv 3 or 4 times.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »
I beated this dtv 3 or 4 times.
I've beat it a lot more than that but that's only when the rest of the team aren't there to farm gold instead of wins. That's my point about upkeep. It causes players to use weak gear because they are under the mistaken belief DTV is about gaining gold AND winning. NOPE. One or the other but not both. If you want to farm gold on DTV you will be repeating the same 3 waves over and over and over again. Only way to remove this stupidity is to remove the reason for it (upkeep).

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 10:57:53 pm »
I've beat it a lot more than that but that's only when the rest of the team aren't there to farm gold instead of wins. That's my point about upkeep. It causes players to use weak gear because they are under the mistaken belief DTV is about gaining gold AND winning. NOPE. One or the other but not both. If you want to farm gold on DTV you will be repeating the same 3 waves over and over and over again. Only way to remove this stupidity is to remove the reason for it (upkeep).
Hopefully there will not be any upkeep free mode in cRPG again!
Upkeep makes this game ways more exciting and even DTV should have some goal to
work hard for, not be a silly spamfest for plated newbies.
DTV is actually pretty easy atm, I can kill enough enemies to justify my position in a team with an
18/18 build, peasant shit and a fackin Cudgel.
The amounth of nabs make it hard but yeah, they need to learn and if they`re so dumb to practice against bots
let em have their fun.

And about cav in DTV:

No.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:01:06 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:32 pm »
+1
Hopefully there will not be nay upkeep free mode in cRPG again!
I can see the part about no upkeep AND no gold does not compute for some. *Hint* nobody would gain gold in DTV just xp.

Upkeep makes this game ways more exciting and even DTV should have some goal to
work hard for, not be a silly spamfest for plated newbies.
What's the goal to 'work hard for' in DTV? Are bots gonna cry on the forums if we use our best gear?

DTV is actually pretty easy atm, I can kill enough enemies to justify my position in a team with an
18/18 build, peasant shit and a fackin Cudgel.
Yeah I'm sure you beat DTV all the time in that gear.

And about cav in DTV:

No.
yeah because glitching behind fences and other assorted map features is a much better way to play.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:19:30 pm by Lichen »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:56 pm »
I can see the part about no upkeep AND no gold does not compute for some. *Hint* nobody would gain gold in DTV just xp.
Dont be a paranoid asshole, I for example play DTV cuz its quite relaxing as long as its not an endless campfest and I can have some fun without gettin Cav/Maul/Pike/Archer gangraped 24/7.
What's the goal to 'work hard for' in DTV? Are bots gonna cry on the forums if we use our best gear?
I thought having fun is the goal to play a game, giving yourself a challenge  :rolleyes:
Yeah I'm sure you beat DTV all the time in that gear. #
4-5 bots per wave are nothing special till Vitez in that gear, your team will mostly not get further anyway cuz of the fact that alot of nabs pull off shitty stuff in dtv.
yeah because glitching behind fences and other assorted map features is a much better way to play.
Well, I think Plated Chargenoobs gangcouching the server 24/7 without upkeep is not better.

DTV is not that hard, a team full of noobs in peasant gear doesn`t win in battle and shouldn`t do in DTV.
But giving everyone free Plate and Elephants is not a viable solution.
(click to show/hide)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 11:40:49 pm »
giving everyone free Plate and Elephants is not a viable solution.
Well the fact is that players use cheap gear to save/earn gold on DTV and that doesn't mix with trying to WIN as well. I guess it gets tiring seeing the rest of your team not give a fvck while you are trying your best to win. So then if nobody else wants to win why should I try to? I'll just sit back in leech mode like many others and save for a loompoint then.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »
Well the fact is that players use cheap gear to save/earn gold on DTV and that doesn't mix with trying to WIN as well. I guess it gets tiring seeing the rest of your team not give a fvck while you are trying your best to win. So then if nobody else wants to win why should I bust my nuts? I'll just sit back in leech mode like many others and save for a loompoint then.

Have fun.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 12:42:01 am »
Gold there is shit if you don't pass sea riders,it is pretty shitty game mode too.
It is infested with asshole players who only play that,and completly sux in every other crpg game mode.
Play battle and siedge,and farm gold there,you will be rich in no time. You can earn 200k gold in one generation or even more if you have luck to have good multi.
Use dtv to warm up,don't play crpg because of that.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 1711
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 12:52:09 am »
Gold there is shit if you don't pass sea riders,it is pretty shitty game mode too.
It is infested with asshole players who only play that,and completly sux in every other crpg game mode.
Play battle and siedge,and farm gold there,you will be rich in no time. You can earn 200k gold in one generation or even more if you have luck to have good multi.
Use dtv to warm up,don't play crpg because of that.

You're wrong, as usual.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 12:55:18 am »
Like you play DTV. Leshma plis...
There is few good ppl there and good layers,rest of them are just noobs and assholes.
I play that mode every day,and if i kick once virgin someone ban poll me,if i fist some guy for fun(and he is hitting me) some other guy ban poll us...