Author Topic: 2h stab madness  (Read 5654 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: 2h stab madness
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:07 pm »
+1
Bullshit, the 2h stab is fubar now and there is no logical explanation for when to chamber. It hits either early or very late, making it a complete gamble to chamber. All stabs are weird like that now though, it's just that its most noticable on 2h cause they continously abuse it now. Apart from that you should not bring an argument that involves chambering to a balance discussion as 95% of the population doesn't do it. The other 5% rarely does it on battle.

2h stab is OP, the only ones who I saw disagree are 2h that use their stab and claim it's balanced because it has stab stun. Newsflash, so does the polearm stab, what does the polearm stab have going for it? That's right, nothing.
What he said. 2h excels at everything.

I thought I was the only one having trouble chambering stabs recently.

You can still chamber them partially with a hold, it just comes out so quickly and the turn nerf didn't stop dragging at all. I think the person who made the image of 2h stab times summarized it best.

Stabs have just devolved into abusing the instant hit (while jumping backwards for polearms). I've even done this as hoplite with wacky weapons. I thought it was more interesting to spin.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:05:18 pm by san. »

Offline Rubicon

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • perfect & modest
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rubicon, COCKY, Rubicav
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2012, 10:28:44 am »
+4
I've been played 2h with longsword for 2,5 years. Lately, after a break of 3 months i came back into cRPG with that new stab anim. I wasn't really a stab user unless against horses but now I voluntary use it more often since it's the most efficient attack i got, great damage + great reach.
The lost of spin accel is over-compensated by that Instastab, a bit too much IMO, And not to mention that it's even worse with Great swords..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »
Thist topic needs continuation!
Now, any 2h builds are rather fast-swinging: str builds (like 27 15 or such) got buff from strength, and agility builds got buff from agility - self explaining.

I have been 2h handed a while ago and I have got 23 lvl 2 handed alt. This alt is very easy to play with 15 str and 15 agility, because you are hardhitting enough with it, and 15 agility is enough too.

So there is no point in another buff - overpowered stab.

Also I have not find any suggestions on how to nerf it (probably I'm not a good seeker):
I think making it sllower can compensate it's length and damage, and that is rather realistic.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:03 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.