Author Topic: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.  (Read 19369 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Hey all.

Some of you may know, some of you may not.

Anyway, short reason why I am posting my suggestion:

Siege and Heavy crossbows are going to take 2 slots. Same with Longbow and Warbow.

Since cmpx himself told, that he is working on NON-Strategus patch, that will be realised soon, I want to suggest something:

Buff crossbows, either only siege and heavy or all of them, because soon we, crossbowmen, won't be able to use neither 2h/polearm nor 1h+shield = 1h without shield. What means, that we will be weaker. So buff us to balance it out a bit, please.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Are you serious? You guys are one-shotting anything short of plate with your heavy crossbows.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
beter ranged weapon=worse melee weapon

I don't see the problem and I have 5 or 6 alts that use crossbows.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
The slot change is about balancing hybrids, it's not a nerf. If you want to be a hybrid you simply have to choose between having the best ranged weapon+decent melee or having best melee+decent ranged. Or you find it fair that hybrids currently can have best melee+best ranged with no disadvantage at all?

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
The slot change is about balancing hybrids, it's not a nerf. If you want to be a hybrid you simply have to choose between having the best ranged weapon+decent melee or having best melee+decent ranged. Or you find it fair that hybrids currently can have best melee+best ranged with no disadvantage at all?

Well said. It's about time hybrids get changed. I play a hybrid myself, Polearm/throwing/shield/cavalry (which means I'm limited to 1 stack of javs with the slot changes), and I've got no problem adapting to the proposed changes. I really think this will be better for the game overall, though I hope we have a heirloom respec, since this is a pretty major change, for all players.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
I'm going to retire to crossbowman next gen for the fun of it and I think the upcomming changes are a great addition to the game.

No more warbow archers pulling a flameberge out of their pocket when you finally manage to get to them, or players with huge shields hiding a pike somewhere.

It encourages dedication. You can't have it all anymore, regardless of where you put your skillpoints.

I will probably play my crossbower as I play my thrower now: Load up with ammo and loot a weapon from the battlefield when needed.
Or I'll just bring a sniper crossbow, a bag of bolts and a 1h weapon. As long as you can manual block you'll do fine and you even get style points for killing people in melee that way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
aww now i have to choose between my shield when im cav or dropping my loomed polearm :(
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
About time hybrids get nerfed
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt

+1 awesomebar for you, good sir.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
I don't see the problem and I have 5 or 6 alts that use crossbows.

Did you ever ask yourself, if in truth you are the only one actually playing this mod?

Hey all.

Some of you may know, some of you may not.

Anyway, short reason why I am posting my suggestion:

Siege and Heavy crossbows are going to take 2 slots. Same with Longbow and Warbow.

Since cmpx himself told, that he is working on NON-Strategus patch, that will be realised soon, I want to suggest something:

Buff crossbows, either only siege and heavy or all of them, because soon we, crossbowmen, won't be able to use neither 2h/polearm nor 1h+shield = 1h without shield. What means, that we will be weaker. So buff us to balance it out a bit, please.

I like the general idea. You can fight with 1h no shield no problem, but not kill very well. I don't really see that a big problem for crossbowmen, you'll just have to decide if you want to be infantry with a backup ranged or ranged with a backup melee weapon. You only need one slot for ammo that's enough for one round.
But for archers this seems bad. Longbow taking up two slots, what is a pure archer going to do? Load out with bow only? Seems rather campy when he is forced to stay out of melee all the time. Or take only 16 shots but then strongbow seems far better actually. I think if 2h are taking 2 slots this would convice most archers to go with 1h for an extra ammo slot.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
Re: Cmpx, you know why I am asking for it. Come here and see my suggestion.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »
About time hybrids get nerfed

This right there.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:25 pm »
You can still take a simple xbow or a light xbow and use 1h+Shield, but as said Puni you can't be good in everything, that's why we gone to have this "slot patch" (not a slut patch).
With this system pure xbow build will have an advantage over xbow sidearm as you will be the only one to have sniper and heavy xbow

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »
Does someone have a post or transcript of what cmpxchg8b actually said?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:46 pm »
hmm interesting changes ahead then?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:33:00 pm by RandomDude »