Should the "repair system" be cheaper?

Yes, its to expensive...
16 (25%)
Hmm.. No leave it alone.. its fine now.
38 (59.4%)
Actually.. I don't care about it..
10 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Repair system  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Remon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • BoB
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BoB_Remon
Repair system
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »
That TOOOO expensive repair system is during to long.. by defend the virgins I lost all my deserved gold by stupid repairs.. a lot are agreed with me maybe can crpg lower the costs from repairs a little.. its not possible to deserve gold anymore with gamemodes.. thats why the poll.

Hopefully crpg will change the price by a lot of yes.
"Axe by axe, shield by shield, we are the band of brothers!" - BoB.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Repair system
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »
+1
That TOOOO expensive repair system is during to long.. by defend the virgins I lost all my deserved gold by stupid repairs.. a lot are agreed with me maybe can crpg lower the costs from repairs a little.. its not possible to deserve gold anymore with gamemodes.. thats why the poll.

Repairs are not expensive.
Use equipment under 30k worth total and you wont loose anything.
Just as Archer its a bit  more difficult.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »
+1
DTV is notorious for losing money. 

Rageball is probably the best for making money because you can run around naked.  Battle is my favorite for rolling high multipliers, Siege is going to cost you the most, as you have (on average) a 4% chance of paying upkeep on every item you spawn with, for every "tick" you get of gold and xp. 

The upkeep system is fine, you should be able to make money very easily with any gear loadout under 20-25,000 gold.  30-40,000 will allow you to break even, or make a little money if you are getting good multipliers.

Arrows break more than 4% chance every tick, it's pretty much going to be most rounds from what I've heard.  Also, you can lower your melee weapon's chances of breaking by having a higher WPF in any melee skill.  I've also heard from a dev or admin somewhere that if you win the round, you have less chance of paying upkeep (not positive on this though, but it appears to be the case when I'm rolling x5's and not paying upkeep).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:45:32 pm »
+2
Just grind to lvl 31 and sell your LP for 500k - you can forget about repairs for long time(unless you go heavy cav).

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »
+1
Yea its def because you are playing DTV. You dont make much there gold wise.
Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »
How the fuck you lose money? I get money always i play dtv and use black lamellar nordic warlord helmet mail gauntlets rus cavalry bots and danish/flamberge/greatsword/longsword

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »
+6
"I do something wrong, system needs to be changed so what I do is right"

how I hate that attitude...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04:23 pm »
+2
DTV is a known gold sink. You essentially pay more gold for an offset of pretty much a guaranteed x5 each round in XP.

If you want to gain more money, go to battle, or Rageball.

Siege, also, is a known money sink, so dress light for that.

Repairs are fine as they are. If you think there are a lot of platers and horses and shit on the servers right now, can you imagine if we DIDN'T have repairs?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »
+1
"I do something wrong, system needs to be changed so what I do is right"

how I hate that attitude...

Pretty much sums up more whine/nerf threads.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:47 pm »
Pretty much sums up more whine/nerf threads.

Sums up 90% of the suggestions ever made in this forum.
I just adapted to archer and cav behaviour and mass, I went 12/24 shielder
with War Spear and Steel Pick. Works perfectly fine and I`m the archers worst nightmare :D

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »
I always say repairs are too low. Only time I lost some gold was with a 60k set up with most parts costing 1k each (and often with 2 stacks of bodkins).

IF there should be changed something, increase the upkeep (not the repair chance!). But do not change smth, it is fine right now.

DTV is a gamemode where rounds are sooooo long, it is only possible to pay upkeep there. :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 10:30:51 pm »
what i realy hate is when i use cheapest gear and every time instead of armor my kas brake costing me 700 gold.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »
Sums up 90% of the suggestions ever made in this forum.
I just adapted to archer and cav behaviour and mass, I went 12/24 shielder
with War Spear and Steel Pick. Works perfectly fine and I`m the archers worst nightmare :D

Although that's very close to the class/build I am planning to play next generation I only want to throw in that you can't expect everyone to play hoplite. I don't say the OP is right or something like that, but the mere existance of a solution doesn't make it a viable one or makes the suggestion invalid. There is a lot more to concern, like chances of success, restricting the players in their freedom or similar stuff.

It's like somebody says "Today living costs you a goddamn fortune", and you answer "Well, play Lotto/the Lottery, problem solved." ("catch archers when they are unaware") or "Well, find yourself a second or third job" ("Go play another class than the one you like"). Although both answers represent a solution they are far from viable.

Sorry for going offtopic, but I see people keep "+"-ing that post of yours, which can lead to a general (and bad) attitude of not taking negative feedback serious at all, and instead dismiss it as pure whining. Because not everybody who complains is complaining because he is doing something wrong. Yes, maybe his equipment is way too expensive (did you ask about his equipment?), but if people keep telling here that DTV is known for being a gold sink, then perhaps you should start checking if there is really something that should be done about it.

I always say repairs are too low.

You can't tell. Because the difference whether repairs are too high are too low depends too much on whether you are in a clan or not, whether you are playing start or not, whether you are buying and reselling on the marketplace or not, and whether you are selling your loom points or not. That's why I think the entire upkeep system is horribly broken, but somehow people don't seem to care much.  :?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:56:31 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 10:51:14 pm »

Would you mind telling us which equipment/items you use?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:50 pm »
Joker, being melee without a shield, without ranged, and without any protection, on open ground and getting shot to shit by archers means you're doing something wrong. 

End of story.

The solution to the problems isn't to say EVERYONE needs to grab a shield or spear (to combat archers/cavalry).  There's lot of solutions that would work.  You need all classes to have a balanced army, every class is important.  2h and polearms are important classes, but they have strengths and weaknesses like every class.

There should be imbalance between classes, some things should be naturally strong versus one thing, and weak against another.

And what people are +'ing is very valid, people ARE doing something wrong, and they want to continue to do that wrong thing, but they want the dev's to make it possible for them to continuing doing what is clearly wrong.
 - Stolen from Macropussy