Author Topic: Retirement 32+  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Retirement 32+
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:40:10 am »
+2
Oi gals,
so i just saw this:

Description   Retiring high level characters get more heirloom points, a title put in front of their name and an entry into the hall of fame.
(source: HERE - request 455)

As resolved on thursday or something. So, was wondering, opinions, thoughts?

I, personally, do not like this. With the recent change to how valor works, it's happening more and more often that we see the same people getting valor round after round after round. Now, let us guess, how many of these are lvl 32 or higher? I do not have any particular numbers, but still i think quite a large part. Why to reward people that made it easier for them to rack up score/valor in such way?

Leveling from 20-31 (lets say as on 20 you start being effective, whilst 2her, not sure about other specs :)) takes like what, few million exp. But, you really have to try to do your best to reach for valor or to be lucky to get balanced to the winner team. On the other hand, from lvl 29+ (i usually complete builds for lvl 29, as road to 30is quite long and i preffer to wait for the few spare points) you got significantly bigger chance to perform well. That is why i find retiring from high lvl with some other bonus than the general one, well, bad.

Yes, you might need few more million XP to get to the 32+, but still, imho much easier to do that as you play constantly on complete build, than to just retire on 31 and go again from scratch with ONE lousy loompoint. (maxed the xp bonus already)

I understand most of you high lvl players will defend that you deserve some bonus, or whatever, but still i think you choose the bonus of having advantage over majority of the playerbase, you should not be rewarded in any other way on top of that. Despite all i just wrote, i am still somewhat confused what to think about this, maybe someone could help enlighten me from the perspective of the other side?

Please, do not flame or anything, just want to know your opinion just as i gave you mine.
Thanks

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:54:25 am by Cepeshi »

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
Re: Retirement 32+
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:55:27 am »
+2
His 1 extra agility and point in shields is why he got 4 kicks out of me and I blocked only 1/3rd of his blocks! I was helpless!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 10:18:28 am »
31-32 is like 1-31 exp wise anyways.
I think it would be a good idea to reward 2 looms for lvl 32.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:10 am »
+4

As i mentioned, getting xp at lvl 31 is way easier than starting from scratch, so why to reward it ? (More chances to get valor, more usefulness to the team in general, and yes, those few skillpoints CAN make a difference)

When this gets to place why would anyone ever bother retiring at 31 anymore? I think we are going to see increasing number of high lvl chars due to this. (probably gonna go for 32 to retire aswell now, cause why to bother lvling from scratch if i can get double looms so easy!)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:34 am »
+3
If I recall correctly. getting 1.5x experience in EU5 from lvl 1 to 21 goes very fast and compensates the advantage of lvl 31-32.
Lvl 21 is about 1 mil exp no? 7500 exp in EU5, 5000 exp in Eu1 with x5 :)

And IMO, The game requires WAY too much grinding, Which I think needs to get changed.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 11:15:20 am »
What is this now can some1 explain it so lvl 32 retirement = 2 lp?

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 11:31:16 am »
I agree that if this is the case who would retire at 31? There's no point. The eu under 20 does give a bonus but if you are level 31 there's more chance of valour so it would even be quicker to play lvl 31-32 rather than retiring at 31. And also there's more chance of being accepted in strategus...

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 11:37:48 am »
I'm level 32, and get valor about every 10th round. High level does not equal valour. Skill does.
And how can the lvl 21 server not compensate? You level up at 150% speed, for one million exp.

I don't understand why people want this game to be the ultimate grind simulator. Game needs less grinding. Now.
And going above lvl 31, forces you stay one class. Which can be quite boring for some players. It would feel nice knowing that If I regret going above lvl 32 I wouldn't of lose about 40mil exp grinded for nothing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:40:58 am by BASNAK »

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 11:41:52 am »
+1
Yes but its harder to get valor at lvl 25 etc than at level 31 because of a better build making it easier. Of course skill matters, but a higher level will always make it easier to play well.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 12:35:59 pm »
+1
Yes, 32 is 1-31 exp wise, but, playing level 32 allows you to grind an entire gens worth of exp in a complete and enjoyable build, you most certainly do not deserve shit for being 32, I'm 32 and I think this is retarded, if anything it should be: 32=1 loompoint, next gen starts at level 15. 33=2 loompoints, next gen starts at level 20. 34=4 loompoints, next gen starts at level 21. 35=8 loompoints, next gen starts at level 22. And finally 36=100000000000000000000loompoints, next gen starts at level 35.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »
+2
Yes but its harder to get valor at lvl 25 etc than at level 31 because of a better build making it easier. Of course skill matters, but a higher level will always make it easier to play well.

I'm sorry, you seem to be suggesting some form of FAIRNESS ought to exist - in a game that allows levels 1 and 35 TO COMPETE AT ONE SAME TIME? cRPG is NOT a fair game, it's a game about doing the best one can with what he's got. You've got the build, the money, the skill? In a game where 'peasants' and 'knights' coexist, yes, you should be beating the living shit out of everything - part of the appeal to me is taking on the beasts of this game, and in the process assuring victory for my team.

Fuck fairness!

(apologies if I've completely misunderstood you. :D)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 822
  • Infamy: 2213
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »
+4
I support 2 loompoints award for retiring level 32 char. I'm level 35 so this won't affect me but level 32 retiring means more loompoints on market and that's a good thing imo because prices will fall.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 01:31:12 pm »
+3
Grinding from 31-32 is WAYS easier than grinding from 1-31.
Simple fact is that you gain that much xp in strat battles that you can easily make 2 mil per day if your`e a total grindfuck.
Playin on low lvl sucks ass and you get just the lousy 1.5 server but this cant compensate strat battles.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »
Fuck me sideways, didnt knew about the low lvl server at all!

And, also, if some advantage for retiring on lvl 32+, then make it 1 loom + start lvl 27 or something, but not two looms, as the XP grind really IS much easier with lvl 31 build. Anyone, who will say those few points doesnt make a difference, it does. At least for me, if i have the same build as guy i am fighting, but one of us has more points in IF, and both on same skill level, guess who has, yet slight, but sill, advantage?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1711
  • Infamy: 726
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 01:48:27 pm »
35=8 loompoints

Even if they awarded me with 100 loompoints, put me in Hall of Fame and made Strategus and DTV NPC based on my char, I still wouldn't retire my main :lol: