Author Topic: Trolling - A New Form of Social Satire - Peek Behind the "Mask" of SpookIsland  (Read 3343 times)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
Trolling began as a single celled organism. It was simple. It had a finite form and purpose. Things have since changed. Trolling has evolved in a branch. There are various forms of trolling in existence today, however; What is most startling is that trolling no longer so easy to identify. Other organisms have put on a mask of trolling to try to mask their true intentions, for both noble and ignoble purposes.

Trolloflage, as the phenomena will now be referred to as, is currently being used by a select few as a brilliant form of satire on popular internet culture. SpookPalace is the most brilliant purveyor of such practices. I was fooled at first as well. I thought he was a simple trolling rager with no intent other than to upset others for his own amusement, but this is simply not the case. SpookPalace is very accepting of others and kind. He has a full loving heart. He tried to show others the error of their ways, but he had no success. The only way to show them the error of their ways was to become them, but more. He had to show them the true potential of their actions. He disfigured himself, cast aside his good reputation, and threw himself at the mercy of others for the purpose of teaching them to be better people. I have gazed into the abyss that is the heart of Spook, and I broke down. Tears streamed down my face. If there is such a thing as Absolute Truth, it can be attained through listening to the wise satirical nature of Spook's existence, seeing ourselves in the darkness, and turning away from it.

Spook is currently banned. Yes, what he said is harsh. Some of it was against the community guidelines (but who cares about that? If Smoothrich can get away with it, why not Spook?). What we need to focus on is the truth behind his actions. Appreciate his sacrifice. We need to Free Spook.

If Spook can not be freed, if his commitment to seeing justice to fruition is such that he will not waver, that he will not bow down, it is up to US to commit his lesson to heart and learn. Grow. Become strong, better people. Spook, if you do not return. Know that I will never forget you.

GG SPOOK FANS.

#FreeSpook

:) <- indicates sarcasm
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:33:46 pm by TugBoat »

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos

GG SPOOK FANS.

#FreeSpook
beautiful
Spook is a perennial existence.  His memory will never fade from any of our minds or our hearts.  He trolled and was banned, yet he rode on.  He came back, making many more armies of kids mad, was banned again, but he rode on.  A gallant soul, he comes forth again, always to ride on.  Spook is not a person, but an entity, inspiring mad into all of the inhabitants of this savage, lawless land of cRPG.
R.I.P Che "SpookIsland" Guevera, a true revolutionary.
even though his clan was kind of gay
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Read my signature for his "trolling."
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
This speaks to your damaged psyche. All of you spookfans.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

I play against Spook frequently. You have to understand those hateful things aren't what he actually means towards others. It is the future that he sees for others, but wants us to avoid. He has shown me my own potential for darkness. I turned away from it and am on the path towards light.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
I can only fervently hope that a new challenger arises to fill spook's enormous shoes.

In response to this: I have never seen Spook request nor receive help from another in his pursuit of anger-invoking statements. Nobody was being ganged up on. I suppose you could call him a coward for ruthlessly pursuing his goal of an emotional response. I think a more accurate term would be "dick", "asshole", or perhaps even "douchecunt". Coward seems incorrect.

I'm going to miss Spook.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
Nobody was being ganged up on.
i think he was referring to the chat logs.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
I don't think those logs really accurately represent the situation.
Sure he said the word 'bundle of sticks' a lot but you have to put it in context.
He was getting extremely frustrated that he was giving his team instructions and nobody was following them. They seemed like pretty solid instructions to me "GET ON THE FLAG" "QUIT FIGHTING PEOPLE AND COME HELP AT THE GATE." Just because there were other expletives there doesn't make it any more 'trolly,' it's just to convey a stronger message, which is what curse words are for.
And if you want to talk about the people he personally attacked, each one of these people called him the same or worse so it's not like he's bullying poor defenseless children who have a tough time with words.
In all of the scenarios, it seems to me like he was provoked in one way or another.
The ban is unjustifiable.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Who's spook? :o
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Spook is the darkness inside all of us, Bagge. If you look into the darkness though, with an open heart and an open mind, you will see the light that is the error of our ways. He is a satire of hate and darkness that is the online gaming community. He is trying to show us how we need to start treating each other with respect and kindness. We are here to play a game and have, not spew hate and bigotry at each other. THat is the purpose of Spook's ways.

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dillinger
It seems that he is a very angry man who is obsessed with gates and homosexuals.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Leave it to a KUTT, and shocker, it's Tugboat, to defend that dumbass.

Good riddance, I say.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Leave it to a KUTT, and shocker, it's Tugboat, to defend that dumbass.

Good riddance, I say.

Leave it to Froto to not recognize sarcasm meant to be entertaining.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Leave it to Froto to not recognize sarcasm meant to be entertaining.
Leave it to a small boat to assume that I'd recognize sarcasm in text.
My opinions are my own.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Leave it to a small boat to assume that I'd recognize sarcasm in text.
My opinions are my own.

You'd be pretty fucking stupid to read what I typed and not recognize the sarcasm.