Author Topic: Spook Island banned indefinitely on NA  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Spook Island banned indefinitely on NA
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 10:23:01 am »
Who is that again?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline jasonjay543

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: xX
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 06:13:36 pm »
To be fair if people would stop provoking Spook i'm sure things wouldn't be AS bad as they were. And like Tugboat said, the word "bundle of sticks" has been morphed so tremendously it hardly has any homophobic value at all.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 06:18:33 pm »
To be fair if people would stop provoking Spook i'm sure things wouldn't be AS bad as they were. And like Tugboat said, the word "bundle of sticks" has been morphed so tremendously it hardly has any homophobic value at all.

Excuse me?
Most of it was him instigating and in this case even a deliberate TW with a cute "outa my way" mentality.
(click to show/hide)

It is one thing to use strong language when frustrated, but when you are doing it literally every time you play and at a constant rate, you are causing a negative atmosphere for new players and current players, and it is not just a case of "what words were said" but also "How they were said."

Quote from: rustyspoon
Spook doesn't bother me personally, but I see why he was banned.

People are looking at this the wrong way. He wasn't banned for his language. He was banned for creating a hostile environment, especially for new players.

It's not that he's making negative comments, it's that he never stops making negative comments and will mercilessly target individuals in the server..

Yes some people target Spook and try to capitalize on his reputation and provoke him, but the vast majority (and how it started) is from him acting like an asshat 24/7.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 07:01:46 pm »
the king has spoken
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 02:06:54 am »
 :rolleyes: So happy... this entire thread has made my day, Every time I log into the server and see him on. I just stop and ask myself, Do I really want to play?... *looks to see if KUTT stack is on... *Nope* kk... ill go do Homework.

Most of the time I really try hard to ignore him but he gets to me at times its just frustrating having a person as little as him shit talking for an hour straight while you're trying to relax and enjoy the game for what it is... Constantly spaming the chat with "OPEN THE F****** GATES" - "GET THE F*** ON FLAG" - "bundle of sticksS" for a few hours and you begin to wonder why are you even still playing ?

Everytime I am in the server he makes it a point to try to provok me into saying something, gets really annoying especially when I am not even talking to him and he butts in the conversation and starts shit talking.

IMO never unban him never offer him a unban essay and ban his IP. - I tried to be polite to him and friendly even... i am not a hard person to get along with yet He fails terrible at being sociable.

Offline TehSoviet

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Blondekhan_BRD
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 02:43:44 am »
I actually read the whole log Canary posted lol, 99% of it is him raging on siege...

Edit: I think I've lost a few brain cells from reading it aswell.

All of you upset me greatly. Those logs revealed him to practically be the most obvious troll in existence. Soda was probably spurting out of his nose as he fake raged, laughing at all of you taking it personally.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 02:46:35 am »

All of you upset me greatly. Those logs revealed him to practically be the most obvious troll in existence. Soda was probably spurting out of his nose as he fake raged, laughing at all of you taking it personally.

how spook feels about what he says does not change how others feel about what he does
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TehSoviet

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 02:48:41 am »
It's not even offensive. You shouldn't feel hurt, unless Jon really WAS born with 12 dicks in his mouth. He doesn't target people trying to actually cut deep, it's mindless, laughable flaming.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 02:49:37 am »
So yeah, Spook was banned and stuff.

Almost 24 hours have passed, any guesses on the next drama thread?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline TehSoviet

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 02:52:13 am »
I think it's ridiculous. He did nothing truly offensive. It's just chat, not even racist at that. Every serious point he made was true, and he is wiser than you think. Why not let him trash talk?

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 02:56:05 am »
So yeah, Spook was banned and stuff.

Almost 24 hours have passed, any guesses on the next drama thread?

Iono go stir something up please

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 03:13:16 am »
It's not even offensive. You shouldn't feel hurt, unless Jon really WAS born with 12 dicks in his mouth. He doesn't target people trying to actually cut deep, it's mindless, laughable flaming.

you're not offended sure.  others are and the admin team has received complaints about him for months, increasing every day.  and its all against server policy.

have some empathy and think about, for example you know the person who just posted, Desirable_Kutt, a fun, regular player who just would rather not play cRPG then have to deal with spook.  That feeling is shared with countless of people who don't post on these forums and just want to play cRPG to relax and instead find a tightly wound resident shitspeaker on siege 24/7 with the chat nothing but people arguing and cursing.

personally I'm not offended by spook either, but let's be honest.  the only people who defend him are trolls who think being mean to work people up is funny.  that is why I defended him for quite a while and probably kept him from being essay banned for a while.  but sometimes even LLJK griefer troll admin has to step aside as the gavel falls and the weight of one's transgressions slide down like a noose, every chat line tightening the rope around the spook's neck, until he finally chokes
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 03:17:05 am »
you're not offended sure.  others are and the admin team has received complaints about him for months, increasing every day.  and its all against server policy.

have some empathy and think about, for example you know the person who just posted, Desirable_Kutt, a fun, regular player who just would rather not play cRPG then have to deal with spook.  That feeling is shared with countless of people who don't post on these forums and just want to play cRPG to relax and instead find a tightly wound resident shitspeaker on siege 24/7 with the chat nothing but people arguing and cursing.

personally I'm not offended by spook either, but let's be honest.  the only people who defend him are trolls who think being mean to work people up is funny.  that is why I defended him for quite a while and probably kept him from being essay banned for a while.  but sometimes even LLJK griefer troll admin has to step aside as the gavel falls and the weight of one's transgressions slide down like a noose, every chat line tightening the rope around the spook's neck, until he finally chokes

Very eloquent. And I'm completely with you on this, Smooth. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 03:19:53 am »
Took the words right out of my mouth.

it must've been when you were kissing me