Author Topic: Ban TravoltasMassageTherapist For intentional TW/TKing  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
Ban TravoltasMassageTherapist For intentional TW/TKing
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:05:23 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So Travolta was trying to start some garbage with me last night in the battle server early morning. 

I took him for a spin and dominated him thoroughly for the hour we played together.
He started tw'ing me at the beginning of rounds trying to goad me into attacking him.  But he'd only do it once so I couldn't really get fool proof evidence.

Till I captured this beauty he performed right before GTXting.

8 consecutive TW's back to back ending in a TK.
Evidence doesn't get much more damning than that.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ban TravoltasMassageTherapist For intentional TW/TKing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:59:46 am »
TravoltasMassageTherapist is my alt character.

I've played cRPG for a long time and the people I play with know me as someone who never TKs intentionally.

Before getting into what happened, let's go over Spook's posting/playing history.

Spook has made it a habit in cRPG of trolling servers endlessly for hours/shit-talking people and generally degrading the spirit of the game. He then posts ban requests or admin complaints with hair-trigger sensitivity when people(be they players or admins) take action against him. I therefore ask any admin reading this to consider that perhaps the problem lies not with any community members/admins who teamwound/tk/kick/ban Spook, but rather the problem is with Spook himself and the toxic attitude he brings into public servers.

Evidence:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/archive/admin-abuse-arrowaine/msg182191/#msg182191
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/getting-continually-harassed-by-this-vieuxcrotter-guy-on-various-na-servers/msg236822/#msg236822
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-long_claw-for-rage-polling/msg474699/#msg474699
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-semenstorm_bitchyouaint-for-flagrant-intentional-repeated-teamwounding/msg474516/#msg474516
http://forum.meleegaming.com/game-admin-feedback/(na)-spaniard/msg586181/#msg586181
http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-(official)/ban-bootieshot-for-intentional-and-admitted-repeated-tw'ing/msg586113/#msg586113
http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-(official)/ban-snufalumy old friendus_astralis-and-viuxcrotter-for-poll-abusing/msg586091/#msg586091
http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-(official)/ban-froto_the_loc-for-intentional-repeated-and-flagrant-tw'ing/msg591219/#msg591219
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-spookisland/
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-request-spookisland-on-crpg-na-siege-server/
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/perm-ban-spookisland-already/
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-request-spookisland/msg169644/#msg169644
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:58:10 pm by Galgorth »

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 04:50:18 am »
TW'ing and TK'ing someone out of frustration and humiliation isn't "taking action."  It's just throwing a tantrum.

Additionally, ad hominem isn't any kind of form of an intellectual argument.

Furthermore, you don't have a right to start tw'ing an tk'ing people just because they keep killing you while you're on the enemy team.

There are 8 consecutive TW's leading to a TK in that picture and you're going to try lying and saying that wasn't an intentional TK?
Good luck.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 05:30:23 am »
This is blatant obvious intentional TW'ing. Should be easy to moderate

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:44:42 am »
Pointing out a consistent pattern of trollish/community destroying behavior and presenting multiple pieces of evidence is hardly 'ad hominem'. I suggest you go look up the meaning of that phrase.

Also, why am I not surprised that a guy who was called out by admins as a racist(not even an ironic Chris Rock joke telling style racist, but a real southern lynch-wisher racist) is backing up Spook?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:48:35 am »
Even if he is a troll you can't go and TW/Tk. Yes he gets away with a lot of shit talking and shit posting but that entitles no right to go and intentionally TW/TK.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 05:51:38 am »
Even if he is a troll you can't go and TW/Tk. Yes he gets away with a lot of shit talking and shit posting but that entitles no right to go and intentionally TW/TK.

Was I in the wrong? Who knows. If you walked into a bar in a black neighborhood and consistently berated the patrons there, calling them the n-word over and over in an obnoxious manner, would they be 'wrong' for taking a swing at your head with a pool cue? Maybe. Maybe not. But you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place, and a sensible bar owner would ban you from ever coming back.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 05:54:34 am »
Pointing out a consistent pattern of trollish/community destroying behavior and presenting multiple pieces of evidence is hardly 'ad hominem'. I suggest you go look up the meaning of that phrase.

Also, why am I not surprised that a guy who was called out by admins as a racist(not even an ironic Chris Rock joke telling style racist, but a real southern lynch-wisher racist) is backing up Spook?

Like I said before, ad hominem is not an argument.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 05:59:45 am »
Was I in the wrong? Who knows. If you walked into a bar in a black neighborhood and consistently berated the patrons there, calling them the n-word over and over in an obnoxious manner, would they be 'wrong' for taking a swing at your head with a pool cue? Maybe. Maybe not. But you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place, and a sensible bar owner would ban you from ever coming back.

Well they would 100% be in the wrong... I don't know how me saying the n-word would justify them attacking me.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:08 am »
It'd be more like if someone walked into a bar, tried to start a fight with a guy he didn't like, and got his lights punched out by that person.  Then after crawling to his car, he sat in wait and shot the guy in the back while he was walking home for the night.

That's an accurate depiction of what happened.

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 06:17:18 am »
Well they would 100% be in the wrong... I don't know how me saying the n-word would justify them attacking me.

If you honestly can't see how a black person would get violent in response to a word which symbolizes in a derogatory manner centuries of oppression and slavery, a word which is being shouted repeatedly at your face by an asshole, then I honestly feel sorry for you since you have no understanding of American culture or history.

Now a reader may ask, how does this apply to the current situation?

Spook was trolling the server for hours, and for whatever reason chose to shit talk me endlessly. Probably because I killed him a few times when he was on the enemy team. Multiple people expressed their annoyance at him, and if a ban poll were available I have no doubt he would have been votebanned off the server. Then again, he probably would have posted an admin complaint thread about 'voteban abuse.' This thread is just another attempt through pedantic exploitation of the ruleset at continuing his pattern of trolling and degrading the crpg community.

I just happened to be the guy with the pool cue ;)

This will be my final post on the subject.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 06:19:35 am »
Pretty sure polls were enabled.  Also, nobody else voiced their displeasure.  You tried to pick a fight, got humiliated for an hour, then threw a tantrum and tk'd me before GTXting.

The logs will show all of this.  Not that it's even necessary considering 8 consecutive TW's and you trying to blatantly lie about doing anything wrong.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 06:19:58 am »
If you honestly can't see how a black person would get violent in response to a word which symbolizes in a derogatory manner centuries of oppression and slavery, a word which is being shouted repeatedly at your face by an asshole, then I honestly feel sorry for you since you have no understanding of American culture or history.

Now a reader may ask, how does this apply to the current situation?

Spook was trolling the server for hours, and for whatever reason chose to shit talk me endlessly. Probably because I killed him a few times when he was on the enemy team. Multiple people expressed their annoyance at him, and if a ban poll were available I have no doubt he would have been votebanned off the server. Then again, he probably would have posted an admin complaint thread about 'voteban abuse.' This thread is just another attempt through pedantic exploitation of the ruleset at continuing his pattern of trolling and degrading the crpg community.

I just happened to be the guy with the pool cue ;)

This will be my final post on the subject.

I completely understood the point you were trying to make. You are just wrong though. Someone being racist and insulting you gives you no right to assault him. What kind of logic is that? Can you please realize that you are wrong here no matter how you try to justify.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 05:30:46 pm »
What does a racist guy and someone who trolls have anything to with your blatant. Jerkofferry. Either mute the guy or logout.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 08:33:36 pm »
24 hour ban for TravoltasMassageTherapist, please try not to let people get under your skin, even if they're good at it.

We are working towards having more admins patrol siege, as it is a lawless wasteland of rulebreaking and abandon. Bear with us and try to contact one of us while something is happening, through irc or steam or wherever.

Spook, you've been muted or banned before on more than one occasion for the kind of trashtalking mentioned in this thread. I'm going to check the logs when they're available and see exactly what you said. Since your behavior hasn't changed at all, we can no longer give you the benefit of the doubt and have mercy.