Author Topic: Armor Question  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Onihane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Armor Question
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:27:10 am »
+1
Hey guys, im brand new here and ive read up on several of the guides, however I am still at a loss when it comes to understanding WPF and armor weight. So rather than ask 100 questions ill just ask the one. Below is my build, what armor should I use?

STR - 30
AGI - 9

Ironflesh: 7
Power Strike: 10
Athletics: 3
Weapon Master: 3

Twohanded: 132

Offline BDsaysHi

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Kimbo
Re: Armor Question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:45:08 am »
+1
You got a strength build there. So If I were you I would were armor in the 50 body armor range if you can afford.

Try things from Light Kuyak and up. With the strength build weight isnt so much of a concern.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:46:29 am »
What weapon do you prefer?

Personally with just three athletics I would accept that you will be dirt slow and just use heavy armor regardless. You do have 79HP so heavy armor will help more then usual, but with low ATHL you need a long weapon which are usually expensive thus prohibiting your quality of armor if new.

So, what weapon?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Onihane

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 01:48:15 am »
+1
Right now im using a longsword, but I just bought a danish longsword the 124 length one.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:49:01 am »
+1
Right now im using a longsword, but I just bought a danish longsword the 124 length one.

Gut instinct is something with 45-50 armor, mail mittens, light boots (Say Rus Cavalry?) and a heavy helm.

Say: Rus Scale, Klappvisier, Mail Mittens, Rus Cavalry Boots, Danish Greatsword. Not very original but basically the "concept" you want and solid. That might be expensive though, so if you don't have a cash reserve you might want to consider using an outfit with a total equip cost of 30K.

50K+ will likely cost you money and will certainly require a cash reserve.
40K is about enough to break even and maybe make some cash IF you have a large cash reserve.
30K is nice, few worries.
20K or less is for making money fast.

Just pick a "theme" and look spiffy  :wink: Leg Armor is not as important as the rest as an infantryman, and gloves are not too useful for the protection VS cost ratio and are only good beyond mail mittens if you are trying to save on weight.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:53:07 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Onihane

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 01:58:05 am »
+1
Would Mail Coif Helm, White Transitional Armor w/ Surcoat Body, Chain Hands, and The boots you mentioned work out pretty good? Cause thats what ive got right now.

*Edit* Also thankyou very much for the advice you have given me. It's nice to hear from experienced players and it goes to show that you have great character to help my nub ass out lol.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:01:31 am by Onihane »

Offline Gozer the Carpathian

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • I go by YEE in game
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yee
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01:35 am »
+1
Yeah I would jump into this thread on the general forum:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/why-do-we-even-need-upkeep-anymore/450/

The gang here school me on fixing my gear too.  :)

UPKEEP is something to keep in mind once you get past like lvl 20!  So plan ahead! :)
They call me Yee...

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 02:13:42 am »
+2
With that str build, go for around a 60 body armor set ish...
And I would recommend using a nice pierce weapon aswell for that build, such as a german greatsword or something.

Offline Onihane

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 02:14:18 am »
+1
Alright I just tried out my set of mentioned gear and wow I love it. Also after reading that thread I decided to buy some more inexpensive gear as an alternate set for my longsword which hardly has any repair cost and minimizes my WPF loss it seems. THANKS GUYS! <3

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 02:16:04 am »
Have fun!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 02:54:14 am »
+1
(Try morningstar)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 05:20:31 am »
+1
I'd recommend giving the goendag a shot. It would have a nice knockdown chance at your level of power-strike. The upkeep would also be considerably lower than a danish, and it's really a solid all-around weapon. Takes a lot of people by surprise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?