Author Topic: EU1 These Days.  (Read 15846 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: EU1 These Days.
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2012, 12:22:44 am »
+1
This is such failed logic it hurts my brain. Why does melee do the most dmg in a round? BECAUSE THEY ARE HITTING OTHER MELEE!

Obviously they are not chasing down archers for top scores.

Then why in the name of chadz' Left Hairy Nut are people bitching about range then if Melee Do More Damage. God-Mode does not mean doing the least damage and scoring the least kills.

Thank you for proving my point that melee already outperforms range, thank you, really, so just think about that point please.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:01 am »
Well, Riddaren, I don't even mind cavalry. I think it's easy to be effective as one (lancer, mind you) by playing in a boring manner, however a person completely new to the game would be better of stacking strength with a long polearm/two-hander than going archer/cavalry.

I just think most average or good players can easily match their scores at their best class as a lancer without having to do as much work. It's just the nature of the class, and no, I don't think it's op. You pay upkeep for an advantage and that's the ability to choose your battles and flee from bad positions at any given time. Speed bonus is a double-edged sword so I won't necessarily say that one of the advantages is great damage, because it's very situational.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2012, 12:33:50 am »
What does killing someone in melee have to do with archery being hard?
It has everything to do with archery, to escape for exampel, to end a round wen you know you can't just run and shoot wen you are the last one standing, the fact that you don't have any powerstrike or a low amount that is insignificant to deal enought damage each hit nor do you have wfp unless you are lvl 35.

One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 12:40:12 am »
+1
add firearms and everything will balance itself out
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2012, 12:41:11 am »
Not sure what your point does to my point. I'm saying melee combat is what truly sets this game apart to the extent that playing archery or cav feels like a waste to me, personally. I'm not talking about balance of archery.
You said that point and click is basic, while this is not the case in cRPG
No I don't, I can't be arsed to kite an archer for more than 20 seconds, so that's why I jump at them to close the gap they leave. Otherwise they will just keep on running. If the archer makes a mistake, it means that I get a very satisfying jumpkill, if he doesn't I die. I don't care, cause in these situations it's either keep following him and dodge, or turn around and get shot in the arse. I prefer the death or glory way out.
well why don't you try to out think them as like '' what would an archer do'' sure dosen't always work but that is better then jumping and dying afterwards.

I haven't whined about the strength archery in ages, only about the mechanics which can be fixed so easily, but retards keep on retarding.
I wasen't speaking of strenght that archers have but you complaining about archers as a whole, you main problem is that archers just runs awey, believe me if it was that easy i would just stand and fight each time, but it esen't. and being an hybrid archers esen't for me because you are limited to certain bows and you won't by able to headshot someone from a far as the longbow and the rusbow do.
Nice, take a stab at me, thats the way to discuss something.
but retards keep on retarding.
I guess so
It does apply to other classes, when you are bored of kiting or get dehorsed. The time that you spent shooting and kiting or on a horse, are not as enjoyable to me as being an infantryman on the floor. Again, opinion.
wen ever i i'm bored of kiting like you said, either i stand and fight knowing i will lose because i don't have the powerstrike or ill just go on one of ma alts.
Yep that was my opinion, this is yours. Still it is a fact that the melee combat system is what sets this game truly apart. Ofcourse archers and cav are a part of this, but that's not for me.
i fully agree, but like i said before i will just go on ma alts wen i do feel like doing some melee.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2012, 01:24:34 am »
+6
Join siege, great fun. I go to battle occasionally and lose the mood after 30 minutes/an hour, there is just an abnormal number of cavalry and ranged. I have no problem with the classes themselves, I've tried them all and have at least 2-3 gens in every class. The fun is simply lacking, or most often ruined, with the current trend. Shortly put, anyway.

Fun should dictate balance. 8-)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2012, 02:25:08 am »
I think the issue lies in effective counters to archers being fairly weak. Sprinters are so weak that on my archer alt 60wpf nomad sabre I just kill them.

I created a character that i assumed would be excelent against archers 2PD 11ath. It wasnt. Instead it was really only anti ninja.

Anyway shields are not very good for melee 1H is better without it in truth. Hopliting gives poleamrs extra reach but makes them useless in melee so I dont bother only on native. I play polearm pretty well and i play archer terribly and personally i think it is a very weak class simply because wpf is so important. why? 120 should be sufficient like it is in melee.

I will go even further and say that buffing archery melee will make them stronger and cause more rage. Nothing is more embarrasing than a dedicated melee player getting railed by a flanged mace most archers are good at melee you need to be when you have low damage and reach. Cav is also very gay atm. I 2 hit a champion warhorse with an axe to the body so really it is the immersion being ruined by stunning more than the actual deaths.

Also I know personally that you guys arent so great like you make out Aus number 1 is better than NA number 1 so dont make out that you have mastered the game you havent. Hopefully we can promote a little more realism and team work on the battle feild and eliminate this cav scourge Instead of bragging and putting down. I play NW just for the teamwork I hope that cRPG can get to a stage on day where people actually work as a team to greater extent than bastard pikers stabbing you all the time.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2012, 02:44:15 am »
aus1 is a server full of huge newbs... it's even worse then eu1 and thats bad!

na #1

NERF RANGED

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2012, 02:47:10 am »
aus1 is a server full of huge newbs... it's even worse then eu1 and thats bad!

Agreed.

Also, glaive is hard. Man, must be a challenge to be forced to play with full STR. :(

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2012, 02:49:59 am »
Agreed.

Also, glaive is hard. Man, must be a challenge to be forced to play with full STR. :(

It's okay man you know they will nerf me again soon.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2012, 02:52:30 am »
What do you mean nerfed again? STR builds were nerfed, or are you referring to the change of armors causing less glances now?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2012, 02:53:16 am »
I wish AU was full.

Hasnt had any traffic since all those ranged nerfs!!!!! It is just melee melee melee. Super repetative especially for the few good players left Native is a better game.

If you cant deal with archers that take 1000arrows you are beyond help.

also my kd on NA with 250-300 ping is better than my kd on AUS.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2012, 02:54:43 am »
nvm

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2012, 02:58:50 am »
I went to AUS 1 once to spectate, midnight for me. Was nothing special, neither bad or good.

If you ever visit EU, let us know and we will crush you Asstralian insects like we crushed your mothers in bed before we shipped them to that arid pisshole island.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2012, 03:13:50 am »
What do you mean nerfed again? STR builds were nerfed, or are you referring to the change of armors causing less glances now?

The biggest game changing factor for me was the spin nerf. I used a swiss halberd exclusively and that destroyed my game. Believe it or not I never picked up a glaive until that nerf. But the armor nerf obviously hurts and the WPF buff will nerf me again.