Author Topic: buff throwing ;)  (Read 810 times)

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
buff throwing ;)
« on: August 19, 2012, 08:07:27 pm »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

as the topic says > buff throwing ;)

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: buff throwing ;)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »
buff

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:16:35 pm »
buff
even though that screen is pretty much either fake or the lance was thrown by a 0 wpf guy in heavy armor while the tincan had 15if and was S keying, or it wasn't an actual headshot.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »
thats true.
27 str 8 if

that happened  some like 20 min ago on eu1

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 828
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:14:28 pm »
Throwing is good, decent and really bad. Depends on build and throwing weapon you use.

Heavy throwing axes are excellent throwing weapons and actually good way to deal damage in general. Works wonderfully as backup weapons.

Jarids, Javelins, throwing spears are good, decent and slightly bellow decent.

War darts are also okay.

Cut throwing weapons are underpowered and generally bad, unless you're hunting low armored folks.

Stones?

I had MW Stones last night, made interesting build with enough wpf and 8 PT and I must say that... stones truly suck. Worst possible choice in game, I doubt there is worse weapon than throwing stones atm.

They are as good as much they cost and that's nothing.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:20 am »
+1
at last buff stones maybe andy will back

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 935
  • Infamy: 991
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:31:56 am »
Yeah, I miss him too.

Pebble Pusher ftw!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:27 am »
Damage wise throwing weapons do more than their melee counterparts (For the most part).  If anything I think they do too much damage.  A 1h axe with a person's whole momentum and body weight transferring into the cut would do more damage than throwing an axe.

Throwing seems fine to me, and isn't necessary to be accurate if you use throwing as a backup (aka not a pure thrower).  The only reason for pure throwing would be for more damage dealt, but it seems like in my experience, that every throwing weapon can be lined up by using the correct part of the crosshairs/reticule on your screen. 

I've hear people say throwing is inaccurate, when in reality the throwing weapons I've used, all go to the same spot of your reticule every time, it's just a matter of accounting for the drop, and for trying to hit moving targets.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 02:20:03 am »
+3
Damage wise throwing weapons do more than their melee counterparts (For the most part).  If anything I think they do too much damage.  A 1h axe with a person's whole momentum and body weight transferring into the cut would do more damage than throwing an axe.
Dear shitposter please shitpost your shit in the realism section, 'cuss regarding game balance throwning is the hardest thing to hit with from nonefacehug range, and even at facehug range It'd still be easier to hit with an arb...
Throwing seems fine to me, and isn't necessary to be accurate if you use throwing as a backup (aka not a pure thrower).  The only reason for pure throwing would be for more damage dealt, but it seems like in my experience, that every throwing weapon can be lined up by using the correct part of the crosshairs/reticule on your screen. 

I've hear people say throwing is inaccurate, when in reality the throwing weapons I've used, all go to the same spot of your reticule every time, it's just a matter of accounting for the drop, and for trying to hit moving targets.
Bro, you make a thrower STF, use throwing lances, most accurate throwing weapons, don't care whatever gay build you make, then, I want you to headshot me two times in a row, from a decent length, I don't care how many times you miss, I'll stand 100% still and so will you.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58:25 am »

If you heard people say throwing is inaccurate, they are right. I could be more accurate with my 1 WPF and a crossbow.

Bro, you make a thrower STF, use throwing lances, most accurate throwing weapons, don't care whatever gay build you make, then, I want you to headshot me two times in a row, from a decent length, I don't care how many times you miss, I'll stand 100% still and so will you.

Hell would freeze over if he got 2 headshots in a row. The only way you really get headshots is by luck, unless your target is right in front of you.
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58:55 am »
+1
buff it a littttttle bit plz

I hate seeing puny archer survive a migthy throw of masterwork lance with 10 pt on chest...

i only have 4 lance max... wasting 2 for archer is worthless...

way to buff throwing : make throwing lance 2 slots but with 3 of them !!!!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 08:24:57 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 09:21:20 am »
Missiles that hit a target in the head, but don't kill the target, do not appear on the head (other than blood effects). The throwing lance looks like it is in the head but it did damage to the body or arm. Same with the throwing axes. I think throwers should be buffed as well, but just pointing out the problem with using those pictures.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »

Sounds good, will you be on tonight?  I can't guarantee a headshot every time, nor do I think you should be able to hit the head every time you throw a heavy throwing weapon from a decent length...

I'd probably use javelins though because I'm more familiar with their trajectory. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy