Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 42859 times)

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2012, 12:09:05 pm »
+7
An agi build that would knowingly just attack people once then flee shouldn't get as much points as the same build, fighting until enemies die.

What you seem to be suggesting is that the former player is worth less than the latter - I don't believe this is true, regardless of playstyle damage is damage. What of all the backstabs that DON'T result in death? What if the AGI build has gone around hitting each enemy once and fled - surely this makes it EASIER for those who stand and fight considering their opponents are weakened, no?

When I see someone coming in from behind on the guy I'm fighting I'll HOLD my attack and maneuver my foe in a way that gives my teammate a clear shot for the back, then as soon as he lets go of his attack - I let go of mine. We've BOTH scored a free hit on our enemy AND are in a perfect position for a stunlock, while our playstyles may differ we've cooperated to bring about victory - now isn't this what it's all about? While my build gives me staying power, his gives him mobility.

Everyone wants to kill, I don't think theres a point to promoting it further - the scoreboard already does a fine job with that.
:p

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »
Well said Bjorn, +1
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2012, 04:40:48 pm »
What you seem to be suggesting is that the former player is worth less than the latter - I don't believe this is true, regardless of playstyle damage is damage. What of all the backstabs that DON'T result in death? What if the AGI build has gone around hitting each enemy once and fled - surely this makes it EASIER for those who stand and fight considering their opponents are weakened, no?

When I see someone coming in from behind on the guy I'm fighting I'll HOLD my attack and maneuver my foe in a way that gives my teammate a clear shot for the back, then as soon as he lets go of his attack - I let go of mine. We've BOTH scored a free hit on our enemy AND are in a perfect position for a stunlock, while our playstyles may differ we've cooperated to bring about victory - now isn't this what it's all about? While my build gives me staying power, his gives him mobility.

Everyone wants to kill, I don't think theres a point to promoting it further - the scoreboard already does a fine job with that.
:p

All of this is true, I just said that since players have ways to concentrate on delivering killing blows or not, by changing their playstyle a bit. And since in two situations in which you deliver the same damage, you will have a greater tactical advantage (since wounded enemies fight just as good as fresh ones) when you kill more people.

That's why kills maybe should be rewarded. Of course, and as I already said (actually I don't want to write this again so there's a quote of myself) :

Then again, people will naturally be killhungry even without a motivation so it's maybe a good idea to have a skewed score system to balance that behavior.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2012, 12:14:33 pm »
Anyways I like the current score system. The point when I start QQ about it is IF the new gold/xp system will be based on score.
Start QQing now ... since the valor reward is affecting the multiplier , which is basically the same.

Quote from: Micah_the_Antiscorist date=-1
All other scoreboard worshipers , keep praising and get errected over your score god and dont start thinking about how much freedom you sacrifice for it ... its just a beta tests on the stairway to gamer heaven
... and if you feel treated unjust by an obscure number generator ... PRAY HARDER ! Because if you would start thinking you might find , that a formula can not be just nor fair and neither can it replace intelligent teamplay and tactics over communication ...  yes, its a deaf and dull god and will lead into a blind alley, but if thou faith is pure enough it will be paradise

-1 for blasphemy  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:22:25 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2012, 07:44:56 pm »
+2
I like pancakes.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »
I like pancakes.

Where's you twin brother ?

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2012, 10:23:43 am »
I like pancakes.
pancakes are all mine !
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2012, 04:54:39 pm »
GiEfaNoTeHrPaTcHiAmBoReD

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »
If you're doing close to the most damage in a round for your team you have a good chance of getting valor.  It helps if you're fighting near teammates I believe (at least it appears that way), and if you are alive longer than 30 seconds.

I like the new system, I think it encourages more teamwork (well if people care about their score).  Hopefully XP/Gold gets tied into this system and I guarantee you'll see a huge increase in teamwork (for infantry/melee).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »
+4
I would rather keep the current multiplier system with valor based on your score then switch to score based experience. The only thing I would like to see changed about the valor system is that it isn't as biased towards the winning team. It sucks when you do well on the team that is getting slaughtered but you don't get valor because the top guys on the oher team soaked up a whole bunch of points killing everyone.

What would be cool to see is the top 2-3 performers of each team get valor, assuming they get above the 20 point threshold and whatever other criteria must be met.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2012, 08:56:44 am »
Was something changed in a recent patch with xbows? I left for about 10 days because of moving, and just came back. It feels like my crosshairs are bigger than normal.

Also, are we ever going to address all of the nerfs to agility builds made over the years that makes building STR characters superior in nearly every way?

Perhaps we could consider tweaking the encumbrance calculation to give athletics/weapon master a greater impact on the amount of gear they can wear without being encumbered.

Also, the new WPF calculation that was changed to is no longer necessary, imo. You've capped levels, and eliminated the WPF carry-over bonus from retirement long ago. I think we should go back to the old WPF costs. While we're at it, I don't feel like the game benefitted in any way from the nerf to athletics requiring a significant "wind-up" time before you can reach full speed. It doesn't make sense, and adds nothing to the game. Sprinters don't have a wind-up time to get to full speed.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline sjarken

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Sjarken
  • IRC nick: Sjarken
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2012, 09:21:35 pm »
chads says that siege tower is fixed in this patch......... Fail! its still bugged, tower and wheels are seperate. When is new patch coming? The amazing patch that was due to august, still w8ing for it  :wink:

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:31 am »
chads says that siege tower is fixed in this patch......... Fail! its still bugged, tower and wheels are seperate. When is new patch coming? The amazing patch that was due to august, still w8ing for it  :wink:

Political attack ad of a new generation.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2012, 12:47:53 am »
Political attack ad of a new generation.

Offline Troublion

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ???_LeTrublion
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:38 pm »
Cool I look at it now