Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 42867 times)

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2012, 11:22:53 pm »
NP  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »
new valour system make ppl camp. logic imo.

i camp alot more than i use to and i dont like it but if i want valour...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2012, 09:42:54 pm »
+5
new valour system make ppl camp. logic imo.

i camp alot more than i use to and i dont like it but if i want valour...

New valor system relies on damage dealt now, confuzzled by why that makes you camp.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »
The new valour system is a nice idea, but I really don't like it. You see the best players getting it all the time (you see it because you can read it every time they are awarded with it), and it discourages people with less skills, like me. This just makes those "pros" level up much faster than you, getting ultimate builds faster than you.

The old system rewarded people who lost alongside their team yet performed well. People who won already had their multi raised. I think it was perfect the way it was.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:40 pm »
+1
I like the new valour system. It encourages shielders, as it's easier to get valour if you're shielder--->you hit enemy more times than 2h/pole(they kill the enemy more faster) plus you're close to fights.
It's not so friendly towards xbows (IMO it's fine for archers, as archers don't usually oneshot ppl). I kill 3 people(and now I mean more like oneshotting, not "killstealing") and I hardly get 10score, if I hit some1 3 times with my sword and I don't even kill the person there's a good chance I might get over 10 score.

And Vidar, it doesn't matter how long you survive, it's all about hitting the ppl. You can easily get +30score in the first 1min and 30sec if you're good melee player.

Anyways I like the current score system. The point when I start QQ about it is IF the new gold/xp system will be based on score.
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »
+6
Im just gunna throw this in there as well...... last night i watched round after round of someone getting valor........... guess how..........
FUCKING PUNCHING. scores like 2/5, 4/4, 1/8, but the points would be like 150+.......
Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2012, 01:10:24 am »
The new valour system is a nice idea, but I really don't like it. You see the best players getting it all the time (you see it because you can read it every time they are awarded with it), and it discourages people with less skills, like me. This just makes those "pros" level up much faster than you, getting ultimate builds faster than you.

The old system rewarded people who lost alongside their team yet performed well. People who won already had their multi raised. I think it was perfect the way it was.
I don't see much use for the extra multi for the winning team, I'm not complaining about it though. Apart from that I don't see how the best players should not be the ones to get it all the time. Whoever does the much damage does most for his team, atleast as far as a system can understand it. Less skillful people can get valour if they shine for a round, but if they don't they shouldn't get valour. The getting ultimate builds is not really an issue, this game has been online now for 2 years, yet there's only a handful of lvl 35's. Retiring and respecs kinda keep that in check you know.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:37 am »
+4
Didn't I read somewhere long time ago that valour was actually meant to reward mediocre and bad players if they made a good round?

And if not, I think it's the way it should be. I don't see any reason to further reward those no-life-tryhards with their 24-2 scores. I'd rather care about the motivation of the average player, because character development (skills, equipment) is not the strongest motivation when you are being cut into pieces every round due to missing skill.

But let's see how the new income system will look like, I can't await to see the multiplier system gone, it was a fail concept from the very first moment on, at least in my opinion.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:48 am »
^^ I agree with the Joker here that the bonus valor system fails. It only seems to reward the same people round after round after round. It should be for losing team only and more random. These 30-3 2h bastards can rack up points a lot faster than my 12-21 2h. I may even get more hits and more kills but still not receive valor. I also see archers who get zero kills but lots of hits get valor, that does not make sense. Also I like to relax and RP and not feel the need to chase down naked peasants just to get valor. Fuck man when I see a peasant I let him be and go after a real challenge.

I play mostly NA siege and some rounds you have to camp flag to guard against backdoor flankers, now how the fuck am I going to get valor bonus when I'm camping flag? I don't need an answer to that I just hope you get my point.

OT: do these siege fixes affect NA siege or are we still bastard child? please hurry and change servers so we can get corpse hit and the other good things. i still think we have polestun lol
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:40:23 am by Ubereem »
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2012, 07:41:32 pm »
+2
^^ I agree with the Joker here that the bonus valor system fails. It only seems to reward the same people round after round after round. It should be for losing team only and more random. These 30-3 2h bastards can rack up points a lot faster than my 12-21 2h. I may even get more hits and more kills but still not receive valor. I also see archers who get zero kills but lots of hits get valor, that does not make sense.
These people deal damage, its not about kills. Forget kills, kills are nothing to be proud of. If these 30-3 2h's and these archers with 0 kills deal more damage than you do, why is it unfair that they get rewarded for that?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2012, 02:09:52 am »
These people deal damage, its not about kills. Forget kills, kills are nothing to be proud of. If these 30-3 2h's and these archers with 0 kills deal more damage than you do, why is it unfair that they get rewarded for that?

Actually, I believe kills are much more important than any kind of damage. Numerous times did I help my team effectively winning the round, with either me or my horse at the edge of death. Damage is important too of course, but certainly not as much as it is for the score system.

Then again, people will naturally be killhungry even without a motivation so it's maybe a good idea to have a skewed score system to balance that behavior.

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2012, 05:49:27 am »
listen i am almost always in the top 10 or top 5 on my team and almost never get bonus valor. the system is stoopid and only rewards the same players over and over again. maybe its different on battle but on siege this is how it goes
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2012, 11:21:15 am »
I guess anyone who's seen me around knows it usually plays in my favour as I seem to hit valour one in three rounds on average - possibly more. Theres a simple reason for this : I'm often one of the first to fight and last to die. Yes, a shield helps a great deal with this, but why should I not be rewarded for dealing the greatest amount of damage to the greatest number of foes?

This is a system that promotes harming the enemy, as opposed to whatever the hell was going on previously. That the players who best serve their team be rewarded most makes a great deal of sense to me.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2012, 11:33:53 am »
+2
Actually, I believe kills are much more important than any kind of damage. Numerous times did I help my team effectively winning the round, with either me or my horse at the edge of death. Damage is important too of course, but certainly not as much as it is for the score system.

Then again, people will naturally be killhungry even without a motivation so it's maybe a good idea to have a skewed score system to balance that behavior.
Yes ofcourse killing an opponent is better than leaving him fully functional at 1 hp. The thing is, everyone hits enemies with the intention of killing him, whether you get the killing blow is basically not up to you but a matter of circumstances. I really think that someone who hits an enemy and does 20 damage should get the same reward as someone who hits an enemy for 20 damage and happens to kill them. They have the same intention and do the same damage, should the last person really be rewarded more because his hit happened to be the last hit?

There is obviously enough motivation for killing already anyhow with it being displayed on the scoreboard and on the website, atleast now you won't be that pissed if someone gets the last hit on a plate guy you've been wearing down for a minute.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2012, 11:44:13 am »
Yes ofcourse killing an opponent is better than leaving him fully functional at 1 hp. The thing is, everyone hits enemies with the intention of killing him, whether you get the killing blow is basically not up to you but a matter of circumstances. I really think that someone who hits an enemy and does 20 damage should get the same reward as someone who hits an enemy for 20 damage and happens to kill them. They have the same intention and do the same damage, should the last person really be rewarded more because his hit happened to be the last hit?

There is obviously enough motivation for killing already anyhow with it being displayed on the scoreboard and on the website, atleast now you won't be that pissed if someone gets the last hit on a plate guy you've been wearing down for a minute.

Only a few builds can hope to kill a full HP random enemy in one blow. The others have to keep track of the average damage each enemy took, in order to attack the weak first. An agi build that would knowingly just attack people once then flee shouldn't get as much points as the same build, fighting until enemies die.