Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 42928 times)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 01:17:20 am »
+1
Update: archers standing in close formation will have +10% damage bonus per teammate, up to where they are back to 100%. We'll have to figure out if the speed buff will then have to be removed/reduced.
TOTALLY FOR THAT. A friend of mine and I have thought about it 2 month ago. It make archer more powerfull , but easier to catch , and it force the team to protect the archer gang , so we get more teamplay. It may need a lot of finetuning but it's a very great idea

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 01:18:25 am »
Dude, your suggestions are just mad.
Strat battles feel pretty well balanced atm, I can play there with every class nearly equally good (depending on
gamemode for shure)
Your stalinic methods to make players play what you think they should play and how they should play are laughable shit.
Trolololo. Most of people says exactly the opposite :D . go 15-24 or 15-27 or even 12/27 and you'll see how much it's easy to do a lot of damage thx to speed bonus. I think agi or str are fine both , and you'll always one guy calling for an agi nerf , and another calling for a str nerf

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:22 am »
+1
Oh well, strat dead is old news.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 01:24:43 am »
+2
   I don't have any formed idea of how to counter "archer" numbers in Strategvs, but those you presented ain't the most diplomatic/rational decision at all.

Players aren't forced to play as archers or crossbowers, they chose it because they enjoy it, I doubt anyone is forced into playing ranged.

So:

> 100% accuracy, fair enough, untouched.

> 200% speed bonus (or any speed bonus at all), it's terrible for the obvious reasons. You'll probably see only squads of hornbows stunlocking everything to death, ultimate support in the right hands.

> 50% damage.... and 10% damage buff if you stand closer together in a big archer/xbower group. This will only make archers die so easily and be so exposed, killing the point of flanking properly. Maybe it's the intention. I can imagine 5 xbowers reloading together, sitting ducks.

The main problem of strategus class balance has been from what I've experience in every battle, the insane amount of defenders being able to wield very accurately any sort of crossbow with no actual penalty, hitting for huge values of damage with pierce damage. So on the AI sieges or defense sieges with lots of crossbows in stack, you'd see most of the players using them, due to how insanely effective it is in big numbers.

My main character is an archer (with PS) at the moment, and never had a problem with opposing team archers in Strategus. Never in all my 24 generations of different speccs. Then on the other hand I understand how hard it must be to fight against players like Bagge, Hetman, Nebun, Kunio, or even the good ol' me.

Honestly, if those changes come true, strategus will become another borefest of melee hormones going berserk at each other, pointless competition, and Strategus is the mode I've always found most appealing in cRPG, as I know for other ranged players for sure.

Just how I feel reading the op.
cheers.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 01:32:56 am »
melee hormones
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 01:40:48 am »
+6
Also added chamberkick.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 02:17:19 am »
   I don't have any formed idea of how to counter "archer" numbers in Strategvs, but those you presented ain't the most diplomatic/rational decision at all.

Players aren't forced to play as archers or crossbowers, they chose it because they enjoy it, I doubt anyone is forced into playing ranged.

So:

> 100% accuracy, fair enough, untouched.

> 200% speed bonus (or any speed bonus at all), it's terrible for the obvious reasons. You'll probably see only squads of hornbows stunlocking everything to death, ultimate support in the right hands.

> 50% damage.... and 10% damage buff if you stand closer together in a big archer/xbower group. This will only make archers die so easily and be so exposed, killing the point of flanking properly. Maybe it's the intention. I can imagine 5 xbowers reloading together, sitting ducks.

The main problem of strategus class balance has been from what I've experience in every battle, the insane amount of defenders being able to wield very accurately any sort of crossbow with no actual penalty, hitting for huge values of damage with pierce damage. So on the AI sieges or defense sieges with lots of crossbows in stack, you'd see most of the players using them, due to how insanely effective it is in big numbers.

My main character is an archer (with PS) at the moment, and never had a problem with opposing team archers in Strategus. Never in all my 24 generations of different speccs. Then on the other hand I understand how hard it must be to fight against players like Bagge, Hetman, Nebun, Kunio, or even the good ol' me.

Honestly, if those changes come true, strategus will become another borefest of melee hormones going berserk at each other, pointless competition, and Strategus is the mode I've always found most appealing in cRPG, as I know for other ranged players for sure.

Just how I feel reading the op.
cheers.
Let's give it a chance. Don't forget that each archer in a group of archer will do 2 time dps, that's a hell lot. I

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 02:18:34 am »
Also added chamberkick.
Maybe... But add the ability to chamber arrows , bolt and throwing weapon. THAT woul be nice!

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 02:24:38 am »
Maybe... But add the ability to chamber arrows , bolt and throwing weapon. THAT woul be nice!

Yeah, that would be incredibly retarded.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1521
  • Infamy: 1484
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2012, 02:27:46 am »
Also added chamberkick.

Works like a charm :wink:

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2012, 02:31:49 am »
> 50% damage.... and 10% damage buff if you stand closer together in a big archer/xbower group.

...archers standing in close formation will have +10% damage bonus per teammate, up to where they are back to 100%
- chadz

Not disputing your point, just thought I'd point this out.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2012, 02:32:23 am »
can't wait for archer squad of dead...

(time for that shielder gen :P)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2012, 02:38:00 am »
I don't think this has been mentioned, but NA side at least I'm getting scrambled stats every round. Kind of aggravating to be a shielder and not be able to pick up shields due to this xD. Also the health bar extends off the side of my screen.

Edit: Submitted to Bugtracker as separate issues.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:55:28 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2012, 06:03:26 am »
Been seeing a lot of one-handers with no shield lately.  Guess people are finding that speed perk of having no shield to be superior to even 2 Handers, if they know how to block.  But hey, keep saying 2Hs need a nerf instead of using tactics to counter it... lol. (Actually, Kudos to the guys doing this, rather than QQing for nerfs.  Good on you for finding a solution in game rather than changing the game to make it easier for you!)

Armor actually needs fixing.  +3 Black lam strength build - get one shot all the time, whether its range or melee.  Got tired of it and just started wearing ragged armor and suddenly I'm able to take 3 arrows, or 3 melee hits.  Heh... lower repairs and better protection from ragged armor (no looms)?  You would think +3 lam would protect you more, not less.  Sad to say that the end result of my comment here will probably be that ragged armor (and the like) gets nerfed to being useless also.  As it is, armor below 50 is fairly useless in general.

Archers?  "for balancing ranged in strat... if the goal is to make weapon racks and such very important for archers, then why not just reduce the amount of arrows per stack in strat, but otherwise leave it alone? (as in normal damage/accuracy/speed but less ammo)"  Ditto

Increased respawn timer?  I think this will make strat very boring very quickly.  As one guy said, "...waiting around for minutes to respawn in longer matches then itll get boring in a hurry..."  As it stands now, Ive seen battles go back and forth in struggles.

In the end, be careful not to over regulate everything.  Billzard did that and lost millions of customers.  People want to have different options to play with and overcome.  But the more limitations there are, the more people will look elsewhere to find entertainment.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:07:00 am by seddrik »

Offline Akashi

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kurdistan
  • Game nicks: Narmin
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2012, 06:37:50 am »
mostly minor bugfixes:
- Siege tower bugging fixed
- small bugfixes

Strat Gameplay Changes (Testing)
Every death increases respawn timer by 4 seconds (will be reduced to 3)
New Strat-only range gameplay changes. We can now finetune stats for strat only. Right now I'd like to test the following values for bows and xbows until strat reset:
Accuracy 100% (no change),
Damage 50%,
Speed 200%.

I'd like to hear opinions, with good reasoning, if you like those changes or not. My intention:

Respawn Timer - make the battle more difficult the longer it goes. It should allow for a more tactical gameplay.
Ranged: Increase the need for logistics. Archers will run out of arrows quicker, so people have to provide weapon racks to them. In general, it's intended as a nerf for archers in strat, as we've seen many people respec their main to archers since the new round of strat was announced. I don't like that it turns into a ranged fest, so this is my proposed counter.

Edit: archers standing in close formation will have +10% damage bonus per teammate, up to where they are back to 100%. We'll have to figure out if the speed buff will then have to be removed/reduced.
Shinnyy!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login