Author Topic: Archer's equip  (Read 2979 times)

Offline LiorM

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archer's equip
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »
Nvm about this ^
Because what you said I got the Arabian cavalry sword, 1.2W 33cut and 105length :)
Thx

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »
why archers go with lenges messer? arnt there better one handers with 102 reach already? on body i wear byrnie  rest depends

Langes Messer is nice. You can also use it as 2h, and it's 1 slot. Better for most players than Military Sickle, Mace and Fighting Axe. It also depends on yourself, what kind of wapon you prefer.

Considering the upkeep of bodkins together with another arrow stack, bow and some decent gear, you should always look on the weapon's price.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:29 pm »
So only armor reduces prof but not the weight of the rest of the equipment? Like bow, arrows, melee weapon? I havent played archer for ages and couldnt remember anymore...

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 03:13:26 am »
yep only armor, the rest of the weight only affect your movement speed.
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Beirion

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 05:07:12 pm »
I feel like this is a stupid question, but Joseph_Porta? I noticed that when you were listing down good bows toward the end of the list, you entirely skipped the Yumi. How good is the Yumi in relation to other bows? I saw that it was the strongest bow that took only one slot, so I picked it up. Did I just mess up my purchase?

Offline Beat

• Mighty
  • Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:49 pm »
The yumi is usually used by horse archers because it is the strongest bow usable on a horse.  Personally I don't care for it simply due to it's slow missile speed.  Other people like it, the only way to know is to try it out yourself.

I hear people talking about the armor limit before WPF penalty being 10.  Did they change this recently?  7.5 is the limit I have always been going by.  It would be nice if they did change it since they increased the weight of those lighter armors a while back and ruined some of my gear setups.

Offline Beirion

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 01:45:49 am »
The yumi is usually used by horse archers because it is the strongest bow usable on a horse.  Personally I don't care for it simply due to it's slow missile speed.  Other people like it, the only way to know is to try it out yourself.

Going to take a guess here and say that that means that the Yumi is not the bow of snipers. What would BE the bow of snipers? (Sniper herein being the guy that takes shots at extreme range).

I'm hesitant to reach for the Rus Bow and Longbow, because they take two slots, and that means I only have 1 slot for ammo if I want to still have a backup weapon.

Should I be going over to Crossbows if I want to be sniping?

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:49 pm »
there are some 0 slot 1h weapons u can use for defend yourself lihe hand axe, pickaxe , hammer, sickle, wooden stick and hatchet. With other 0 slot weapons you can't block.
I'm using hand axe and i think it's best weapon fore pure archer with 2 slot bow.
If you want to make pure archer go for horn bow, rus bow or long bow. Last one is hardest to use because of speed. If you are beginner you should try rus or horn bow, but killing ppl with longbow is giving you lots fun 8-)

Archer forever :D