Author Topic: Give the courser some love  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Give the courser some love
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 02:43:55 pm »
+1
how about you just nerf the arabian instead, the courser is cheap because it is by far the most used horse at least on NA_3, asking for buffs is a troll, mods please move this thread to spam

Move yourself to the spam.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 04:44:18 pm »

pike has been introduced.

By "introduced" I assume you mean "nerfed over and over"

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 07:13:02 pm »
By "introduced" I assume you mean "nerfed over and over"

nope,  it was new au contrair to the long spear you are thinking of.

edit
considering your earlier post:  I do understand what the speed means to inf.  cant really tell if it would make a difference to make it one point faster vs you,  but it would be helpful against HAs for the rider
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 07:20:41 pm »
With all due respect, the speed it already has does a hell of a lot of damage when bumping enemies.

I recieved 50% (18 Str no IF) damage from a full speed courser (probably loomed) while I recieved only 30% from a full speed plated charger bump (unloomed confirmed).

Granted the "looming" difference should be taken into account, but if I take less damage from someone with 6 riding on a plated charger, to someone on a courser, it's already half decent. Survivability should be lower in my opinion because of the fact that it's got the speed. (Logically thinking, less armour = less weight = faster running = higher speed bonus on charge damage.)

I am fully aware that these two could have been a fluke, and I have tested and found that the stats are roughly the same each time, but I can't see any reason to give a horse more speed, and therefore more damage, or increase it's survivability when it's a massive bullet already! :D
My opinion naturally, being a lowly foot soldier! :)

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 07:27:35 pm »
With all due respect, the speed it already has does a hell of a lot of damage when bumping enemies.

I recieved 50% (18 Str no IF) damage from a full speed courser (probably loomed) while I recieved only 30% from a full speed plated charger bump (unloomed confirmed).

Granted the "looming" difference should be taken into account, but if I take less damage from someone with 6 riding on a plated charger, to someone on a courser, it's already half decent. Survivability should be lower in my opinion because of the fact that it's got the speed. (Logically thinking, less armour = less weight = faster running = higher speed bonus on charge damage.)

I am fully aware that these two could have been a fluke, and I have tested and found that the stats are roughly the same each time, but I can't see any reason to give a horse more speed, and therefore more damage, or increase it's survivability when it's a massive bullet already! :D
My opinion naturally, being a lowly foot soldier! :)

well the courser is a racing horse,  not a war horse breed.  it should have considerable less charging damage,  but be faster.  after all its made to do just that.  so there we go ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »
Courser is already fast enough, and I think the arabian maneuver is fine as well. Having to go 21 agility to ride the arabian seems like a good enough trade off as it is.  The arabian is a better horse than the courser, but you also need 1 more riding for it. 

I personally think the courser speed is fine, I think the other unarmored horses are too slow.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »

but mate!!  your sig!!  just that happened to the courser.  and lance angle.  and lance damage.  and whatnot. :'/

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:24:53 pm »
And I've been saying for as long as I've been playing that the game is balanced and nerfing classes and equipment is not necessary, it's up to the players to adapt to what is happening in game. 

Even with all the nerfs and buffs over the last couple years, the game is still very well balanced (IMO), and nothing is overpowered, every class and play style has strengths and weaknesses. 

I still think the courser, destrier and arabian are the three best horses in the game, and are useful for different reasons.  I don't feel any of them are very much underpowered, I think they are all able to still be useful on the battlefield (which should be pretty obvious to anyone who plays battle mode).  I run down every other horse with my courser besides the arabian, or sometimes a desert horse if they have a good rider.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 08:27:51 pm »
nope,  it was new au contrair to the long spear you are thinking of.

Hasn't the pike been in the game for a loooooooooooooooong time?

edit:

when the long spear was called the pike, the pike was called the long pike. That change was pretty long ago I think.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:32:45 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:51 pm »
Courser does not need any changes, it`s fast enough and costs less than the Arabian, theyre not supposed to be equally good imo :).
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »
+2
I've played as cav on a champ courser, it's amazing. You can sneak up on long spears before they even know you're coming and use you higher speed to dart away from cav. Somehow tho many HA's on Arabian can keep up with me, and I'm not sure why. I suggest dropping a point of speed on the arabian. The turning and acceleration/stopping speed the Arabian has already more than makes up for a 1 loss of speed.
Or perhaps we should change how horses are loomed? War horses gain hp, armour and charge. Arab horses gain manourve and hp, speed horses (coures and palfrey only really) gain speed and hp (and maybe slight charge because of increased speed)

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »
+1
Or perhaps we should change how horses are loomed? War horses gain hp, armour and charge. Arab horses gain manourve and hp, speed horses (coures and palfrey only really) gain speed and hp (and maybe slight charge because of increased speed)

this is awesome.  thought of sth like this for weapons,  but for horses?  nice.  +1 for you

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

this is awesome.  thought of sth like this for weapons,  but for horses?  nice.  +1 for you

:) Feel free to go make that a seperate thread if you like :) I'm too lazy :p

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:20 pm »
Yankees don't know about Arabians ;). I think Torben has a point. I choose champ arabian over my champ courser 9 or 8 times out of 10. Reason is simply manouver, and thus the ability to dodge arrows. Courser is predictable and easy to hit with ranged weapons. Due to it's speed and large size it dies really fast. I would maybe give it some HP... Speed buff could be too much asked :).
I personally feel that the courser is only good for spawnraping, however, other guys I know love their coursers and hate arabians, matter of taste I say.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »
Just figured I'd point it out but the plated charger sucks at bumping due to insanely low speed, it's only thing is that it got the health of a shield.
The good bump horse is the destrier, onehit bumps low armor guys, twohits med armor guys.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.