Author Topic: On wich door work M&B online?  (Read 446 times)

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
On wich door work M&B online?
« on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:36 pm »
I premise that i'm an half noob with pc, but i did some "experiments" (i simply tried to remove 1 by 1 the program that could give me this problem, and only without antivirus and firewalls i had my usual ping) and i'm sure about this problem.
It seems with the recent updates something is changed and my firewalls are partially blocking the doors used by m&b (or from crpg if are different idk). The results is that i have from +30 to +100 ping respect my usual 35/45. I should allow the door manually, but i don't know what door is it..could you please told me?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: On wich door work M&B online?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »
The port used for warband is 7240 UDP afaik (don't take my word on this), but I doubt forwarding this port will help you. Port problems usually cause problems like connection to server lost or being unable to connect to a server.

What you have here is more of a connection problem, either viruses or some background shit or it's a problem with your line, in which case you should call your ISP.

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 04:15:15 pm »
I already called my provider and they told me everything it's ok from their side. I can totally trust it, since this problem exist only with m&b: with any other game (as well as downloading from internet) i don't have any problems and my internet is fast as usual.
I tried to uninstall hamachi, and that leaved me around 20 ping (i don't have idea why), but i've still more than 70.
Later i will try to see how to allow this door and if it will work, since i've no idea how to do and have not much time actually.
Thank you

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:14:08 pm »
Ok, i allowed the door on my firewall, and this solved the problem.
Thx you can close this

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »