Author Topic: class wages based on supply and demand  (Read 718 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
class wages based on supply and demand
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:01:45 pm »
Would it be possible to make ingame gold dependent on class?  Sort of make it a supply/demand thing.  If we were to say that 20% cav, 20% range and 60% infantry was the perfect mix, if there was a game with that mix everyone would get 100% gold per round.  But if it were 35% cav,  25% range and 40% range, cav would get paid 57% gold, range would get 80% and infantry would get paid 150% gold.

That way if a class is over represented, people could switch to alts to make better money and it would keep the game balanced.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: class wages based on supply and demand
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:07:45 am »
+1
We dont need stasi methods to make the people do what we think is alright, more freedom=more fun,
go to Cuba or Syria if you want to be controlled.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:12:54 am »
Bloody what the hell?  I didn't say perma ban anyone who doesn't play a class assigned to them (which would be stasi), I suggest pay less for flooded classes.  Still free to play whatever class you want, just you'll make less money if everyone else is playing that class.  A lot better than nerfing classes or increasing upkeep on OP(opulated) classes.

Supply and demand is the capitalist way, you uber-hating troll.  If you want total freedom, go to Somalia or the Papua New Guinea highlands.  I myself prefer a little governance with my freedom.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:15 am »
+1
Although a very artificial way to balance the game, something like this could be used to encourage underrepresented classes.

Preferably more with the carrot and less with the stick.

If someone wants to play class x, be it 2h or cav, we shouldn't monetarily strangle him out of it. Instead, the server could publicly announce that class x is underrepresented and anyone using it in the next round or map will get a bonus to gold gain, according to a scale depending on the number of players and how greatly the class is underrepresented.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 10:43:08 am »
+2
Although a very artificial way to balance the game, something like this could be used to encourage underrepresented classes.

If someone wants to play class x, be it 2h or cav, we shouldn't monetarily strangle him out of it. Instead, the server could publicly announce that class x is underrepresented and anyone using it in the next round or map will get a bonus to gold gain, according to a scale depending on the number of players and how greatly the class is underrepresented.

If we were going to go with something to try to encourage more inf, I would like this idea better than what the OP posted. Simply because the OP punishes people for being a certain class.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:31 pm »
So forcing ppl to play classes they don't like just because they are underrepresented? No!

I see no difference to the OP post in your suggestion... its the same stupid idea just with a different amount of gold you get.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 12:15:32 pm »
Just wanted to say that this idea is not entirely stupid.
But I think a system like this would only complicate things.
It's probably best to just control it by changing upkeep on certain items like we do already.

There is already high upkeep on horses to prevent too many cavalry players for example.
Just do the same for ranged and there will be less archers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:20:14 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »
And obviously, higher cash rewards for people playing underepresented classes, right?

'Am in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 01:57:36 pm »
So forcing ppl to play classes they don't like just because they are underrepresented? No!

I see no difference to the OP post in your suggestion... its the same stupid idea just with a different amount of gold you get.

The difference is that you get the same amount of gold even if the server is full of your class. You'd make the same amount of money as before, and if you could break even with your gear before the server was filled with your class, you could still do it then. Nobody would be forcing you to switch. But you could make more money in another class.

See?

No stick. Just the carrot.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 02:09:32 pm »
I'm like the only HT in the mod and even I think this idea is insanely shitty, I mean, fuck.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »
So forcing ppl to play classes they don't like just because they are underrepresented? No

This.

well Zlisch, HT would count as cav, as Thrower would count as infantry, and HX would count as either cav or ranged, same for HA. Not a good suggestion anyway.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:08 am »
I think the trouble wouild be in defining classes.  An HT is not a lancer cav, but, sorry Zlisch, WTF is the point of a thrower cav anyway?  As a thrower I realize throwing is useless, but a lot of fun.  Sorta sad when it takes 3 balanced jarids to kill someone as opposed to two arrows or bolts, but the smug satisfaction is worth it.

As for everyone else, F off.  Seriously, you guys are so nerf based you think everything is a penalty.  While not mentioned, I assumed it was pretty damned obvious income would be adjusted accordingly.  Right now upkeep is way too high, and its just wrong that we have to play an alt to play the char we like.  My idea, while making you play an alt as well, actually makes it more rewarding.

So now, rather than playing your archer with mw everythingf 2 out of every 14 rounds, the other 12 being your level 35 archer with straw hat and cudgel you might actually build an alt.  Money is transferable you know, sorta like having a stable of serfs.

I hind sight, I suggest making money based on WPF.  I'm sorry Zlisch, but as a HT I can't imagine you wracking up th scores.  Plus you left NA for Europe, not as in a holiday, which is uber-cool, but in a relocation thing, which is not.