Poll

Macros : Cheat or Not?

Cheat
302 (89.1%)
Not
37 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Author Topic: Macros : Cheat or Not?  (Read 11598 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: Macros : Cheat or Not?
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:52 am »
+2
There is alot of kids in this community that think they are good and use scripts and macros for all kind of things especially manual blocking.
Really? The last time I thought somebody was cheating, it turned out I had joined a native server that didn't enforce manual blocking. The vast majority of the players caught by the autoblock banwaves are no-name new players, rather than player who are considered good.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2012, 11:02:38 am »
So thats how some people do these spastic feint combos..
Idk really though it does seem like an unfair advantage over others
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2012, 09:22:09 pm »
Macro feints would not be useful in cRPG anyway.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:33:37 pm by Cyber »

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2012, 12:52:41 am »
Really? The last time I thought somebody was cheating, it turned out I had joined a native server that didn't enforce manual blocking. The vast majority of the players caught by the autoblock banwaves are no-name new players, rather than player who are considered good.

I am not talking about autoblock hack, but scripts and macro that make things easier for the player. And there is peoples script that make you swing faster too. Without mentioning there is probably client mod that turn all enemy weapons in a glowing weapon just to make it easier to see and block.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2012, 03:20:27 am »
LOL this is so funny ; QQ MORE idiot immortality and kapikulu =)

I am playing this game for 2 years and if you are not able to win against me just find a spot and cry there =)

Actually i told immortality that some people are using macros to make combos like 4-5 mouths ago and for the record immortality's 9 of 10 sentence is a lie and the last one is suspicion =)

I play this game from keyboard ; Attack and Block everyfuckin thing is from keyboard and if you gonna try to blame someone think twice , but we are talking about kapikulu and immortality so the word "think" is not possible here.

in italy we say the first chicken who sing made the egg..

he not accused you of anything.     

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2012, 04:57:38 am »
I am not talking about autoblock hack, but scripts and macro that make things easier for the player. And there is peoples script that make you swing faster too. Without mentioning there is probably client mod that turn all enemy weapons in a glowing weapon just to make it easier to see and block.
lolwtf

a script that makes you swing faster? god damn retards type so much random stuff ROFL

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2012, 06:59:47 am »
lolwtf

a script that makes you swing faster? god damn retards type so much random stuff ROFL

You must be new to pc gaming br0?

In all first person shooters there is script that make you fire faster and also resetting your recoil to keep better accuracy so i think it could be possible to code a macro that make you swing faster.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2012, 10:41:54 am »
To be fair, it is not really swinging faster, rather initiating the swing faster that might be possible with a proper macro (Like starting an attack the instant you stop blocking via macro-block/attack combo). But yes, it is theoretically possible though I do doubt that any significant portion of the c-RPG Melee Gaming community would bother using macros in this game of all games, much less figure out how to.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2012, 11:38:59 am »
+2
Like starting an attack the instant you stop blocking via macro-block/attack combo
You can actually already do this manually by just holding your attack button down while blocking. You make sure you're moving your screen in the direction you want to attack when the block impacts, then you release the block button.

Offline Friedturtle

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:15 am »
Bit surprised that no moderator said anything about it yet...

Think it´s cheating because you´re trying to get an advantage. Everybody should play the same game, without this bullshit.. There´s no need.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »
Bit surprised that no moderator said anything about it yet...

Think it´s cheating because you´re trying to get an advantage. Everybody should play the same game, without this bullshit.. There´s no need.

Can't stop looking at your avatar and thinking that dog could say something exactly like you said with that pose.

I must confess, my mouse has macro compatibility and with one button stroke I can say "sorry". Also, using this has become so instinctive for me whenever I teamkill/teamhit someone, I tend to do it with all my alts (which lets you recognise me very fast if you know about that) and all other games as well. I'd hardly say using macros like that is cheating.

Please do try to work those calamari you have instead of brains, alright? Faster gameplay would mean much harder blocking versus multiple opponents. Solo killwhores will have a harder time going versus teams.

I agree with benkei here. If anything, harder blocking means higher skill ceiling and the elitist solo killwhore will have more chances against a disorganisable group.

Currently many combats end up when some party gets the numerical advantage because everybody got to the point in the learning curve where you can't really learn anything new that will actually give you a significant edge over someone else. Or if you do, it's some extremely lame engine exploiting through some shady character build.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:23:40 pm by Kafein »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2012, 09:55:24 pm »
I have seen my first examples of this while on battle once and on the duel server today. Guy in the top five using it.

Pretty sure I have dueled enough now to recognize when something is not right. He was feinting like mad while blocking. Just looked very odd. Lost that duel. Won the next against him when I just decided to ignore it and fight.

I would say a def cheat and advantage tho. It hides the actual swing very well.
Leader of BS

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2012, 10:03:16 pm »
He was feinting like mad while blocking. Just looked very odd. Lost that duel.
Are you referring to me? We did duel once today (and I definitely opened with a Eurofeint), but I don't think we dueled a second time, and I don't think we played in battle. I can't think of anybody else who has been using Eurofeints much recently, unless some native players decided to stop in after I left.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:33:43 pm by Vodner »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2012, 11:17:45 pm »
not you saul. I know your style. It is just good. you feint like mad and block but I can discern your individual feints from your swings. Not that i block it any better. I have no doubt you play fair but are just better at dueling than i am. This happened after you logged.

This was a different guy and when i commented on what happened his response was yeah I know what you mean looked really weird to me as well and ia m the one doing it. No idea how that happened. Others watching the duel thought things looked off as well.

His feints were going and all of a sudden i would be hit. The swing that hit me looked no different then the ones that were fakes.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:21:42 pm by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2012, 11:26:44 pm »
His feints were going and all of a sudden i would be hit. The swing that hit me looked no different then the ones that were fakes.
It could just be a native duelist stopping by. NA native duelists have started using a lot more Eurofeints than was previously common.

When really well executed (unfortunately I'm not that good at them), they will behave similar to what you are describing.