Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 28397 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1121
  • Infamy: 2277
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:04 am »
+1
I'm talking about situations on battle when your opponent is aware of your presence. Nothing easier than killing people from behind, but you need 8 ath for that, just like me and you have :wink:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:28 am »
:rolleyes: If I hadn't played a battle from time to time, I would believe you that killing ppl is so hard as you decribe.

Leshma has a point there though.

Any smalltime guy can read your movements, like an open book.

Only reliable way to bypass enemy defenses is to rely on abusing game mechanics to oblivion.

I'd rather not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2012, 12:05:59 am »
+3
One thing is certain, when score system finally replace multi ...
... at that moment i will propably shed a lonely tear about how silly the onlineworlds are and about "What has cRPG come to"  :,(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:59:44 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2012, 12:07:25 am »
+1
... at that moment i will propably cry a lonely tear about how silly the onlineworlds are and about "What has cRPG come to"  =,(

At that moment I'll pop a god damn champagne.

And return to the mod fulltime.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2012, 12:13:32 am »
+2
At that moment I'll pop a god damn champagne.

And return to the mod fulltime.
and sacrifice your freedom of gameplay to a stupid number that pretends to tell anything about good playstyle which it can not
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:18:25 am by Micah »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2086
  • Infamy: 999
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2012, 12:15:51 am »
Leshma has a point there though.

Any smalltime guy can read your movements, like an open book.

Only reliable way to bypass enemy defenses is to rely on abusing game mechanics to oblivion.

I'd rather not.

Yeah, it's pretty much all about abuse. Better players are those who are better at abusing mechanics. This game needs more moves, more legit tricks. But we'll have to wait Warband 2 for that.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2012, 12:31:55 am »
+1
I'm talking about situations on battle when your opponent is aware of your presence.

I understand, but how many 1 vs 1 duels without any teammate or opponent in the vicintity do you have? Most of the time ppl are distracted by other players, cav, flying arrows and bolts and in the end I can kill players who I would never (or almost never) kill on EU3. And I'm not saying about backstabing or gangbanging.

Nothing easier than killing people from behind, but you need 8 ath for that, just like me and you have :wink:
I can not agree more, especially with light-medium armor it's just too easy  :wink: (btw, a minutes ago I've finally bought dark cavalry robe  :mrgreen: cost me an arm and a leg but it was worthy to buy :wink:).

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2012, 12:37:52 am »
... at that moment i will propably cry a lonely tear about how silly the onlineworlds are and about "What has cRPG come to"  :,(

Hm, I'd say for ppl like you, Leshma and, hm, me - high lvl, tons of looms in ihe inventory - multi shouldn't mean a lot. 

PS sry  :oops:

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2012, 12:44:21 am »
+1
Hm, I'd say for ppl like you, Leshma and, hm, me - high lvl, tons of looms in ihe inventory - multi shouldn't mean a lot. 

PS sry  :oops:
then you should be complaining about a number that claims to tell other people how they should play in order to earn gold and XP

PS no offense taken ^^
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:59:15 pm by Micah »

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2012, 12:55:41 am »
I was sorry for double posting :wink: and I agree with you but I play battle too little to care about that.

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2012, 01:06:57 am »
+1
... and I agree with you but I play battle too little to care about that.
well ... thats what lonely means i guess xD

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2012, 01:32:19 am »
+1
Someone probably already called you on this fucknut, this is what our complain with archers boils down to. They deal insane damage without putting themself in any danger, what so ever.

Well, as long as you 2h heroes focus on the "oh he is range, he has such an advantage!!!11" argument, there's no sense in any discussion with you.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2012, 02:10:11 am »
+7
A few things is going downhill with Crpg atm, I know that many will just say, "it's been going downhill for years", "At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. for long long time".

But seriously, things changes in this game as with everyting else, and if you are dedicated to your class and this game, you would try to overcome the new obstacles that shows up ingame rather than just quit because, "naah, this doesnt suit me completely, I might return when the game is worthy of me again".
Yes, I have a problem caring for people with that mindset -.

What I think might help is if people would focus on getting this game onwards in its improvement rather than bitching about how unfair everything is to them and leaving nothing constructive back to the community whatsoever, Crpg has a rich history and most likely if chadz care for his mod, a bright future. And so, maybe one day you might be able to proudly say, "I survived the dark ages of archer-fest with my head held high!" to future Crpg players.

haha, I just hope that the developers does not get tired of hearing how awful everything they do is from a minority of players so that they loose interest in what they're doing and everyone will be in the same boat, having to ask themselves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBcsdk8pEY

skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2012, 02:17:05 am »
Well, as long as you 2h heroes focus on the "oh he is range, he has such an advantage!!!11" argument, there's no sense in any discussion with you.
I agree, we horsethrowers focus on the "You my old friends can run forever and are 100% uncatchable" argument.  :D
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2012, 02:35:25 am »
+2
A few things is going downhill with Crpg atm, I know that many will just say, "it's been going downhill for years", "At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. for long long time".
there is alot of good things going on with cRPG atm too ....
namely webpage <3 and very nice improvements on the client ... and strat i guess .. but i dont play it much