Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 27276 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2012, 03:49:32 pm »
+1
Who create the last updates? since 2 years the community want more meele fighting and less my old friendchery .
guess who is part of this community... ;)
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »
guess who is part of this community... ;)

unfortunately ......
the wrong people ...   
atm   

But 1-2 Year ago we had small groups of css players ;-)

Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #377 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:51 pm »
+4
M&B is such an amazing game
CRPG was fucking amazing when i started it, i had a lot of fun because i could play how i want and wasnt forced to use range, i was using an elegant poleaxe with 98 speed, i could duel with it and would rape every shielder in battle... sure it wasnt the best for duel, but god damn was it fun in battle...

it had the same melee combat as native, animations werent clunky, bouncing was way way way less "dominating" (less goretooth like herp derp rely on bounce to get kills) and yes there was a couple of player who sucked ass and were still in the top 3 of every map (beatrix, kesh, etc), but atleast i wasnt afraid of fighting them because i could flawless them without being afraid of my trust bouncing due to fucking retarded animations and screen turning speed, you could kill every bads in second because the game actually promoted single player skill and you could feint/abuse twitchy animations combo to make bads spin their screen around to not see anything.

now my fucking poleaxe has 92 speed, the mod is clunky as fuck and overhead (my favorite swing) is barely usable unless you do no twitch at all (so killing a bad now takes 5 years) and you just get zerged down because nobody kills nobody otherwise because mod is clunky, everybody stacks str and armor looms, mod is slow as hell and animations are just plain fucking retarded compared to native.

now that melee is boring and doesnt get the job done to kill people fast enough to not get zerged, cav numbers are increased, which makes playing melee even more frustrating so those who find cav boring go archers, because they dont want to quit such a great game where you have so many good memories, but little do they know is those memories are long gone, just like player skill in battle.

only legit post ive ever done on these forums, yall bads anyway, nobody ever duels on native, gotta crutch on this slowness/clunkyness/levels/armor some more jellybean.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2012, 04:40:28 am »
M&B is such an amazing game
CRPG was fucking amazing when i started it, i had a lot of fun because i could play how i want and wasnt forced to use range, i was using an elegant poleaxe with 98 speed, i could duel with it and would rape every shielder in battle... sure it wasnt the best for duel, but god damn was it fun in battle...

it had the same melee combat as native, animations werent clunky, bouncing was way way way less "dominating" (less goretooth like herp derp rely on bounce to get kills) and yes there was a couple of player who sucked ass and were still in the top 3 of every map (beatrix, kesh, etc), but atleast i wasnt afraid of fighting them because i could flawless them without being afraid of my trust bouncing due to fucking retarded animations and screen turning speed, you could kill every bads in second because the game actually promoted single player skill and you could feint/abuse twitchy animations combo to make bads spin their screen around to not see anything.

now my fucking poleaxe has 92 speed, the mod is clunky as fuck and overhead (my favorite swing) is barely usable unless you do no twitch at all (so killing a bad now takes 5 years) and you just get zerged down because nobody kills nobody otherwise because mod is clunky, everybody stacks str and armor looms, mod is slow as hell and animations are just plain fucking retarded compared to native.

now that melee is boring and doesnt get the job done to kill people fast enough to not get zerged, cav numbers are increased, which makes playing melee even more frustrating so those who find cav boring go archers, because they dont want to quit such a great game where you have so many good memories, but little do they know is those memories are long gone, just like player skill in battle.

only legit post ive ever done on these forums, yall bads anyway, nobody ever duels on native, gotta crutch on this slowness/clunkyness/levels/armor some more jellybean.
You can get kills with armor?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2012, 08:41:57 am »
CRPG is dead in such cases.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #380 on: September 03, 2012, 10:46:25 am »
Who create the last updates? since 2 years the community want more meele fighting and less my old friendchery .

Childish running/jumping/roflcopter/kiting sessions , target group are 12-16 old teens?
Endless grinnding
Mod is really unfriendly to beginners
Horrible gamebalance  policy  , there is no master plan,   yesterday they buff a class , today the nerf and tomorrow they buff it again
Lobbyist..she do anythings for 24/7 players loom/valour/highlvl  and nothings for casuals 

Sad but true. Really hard for new players cuz everybody goes for easy peasant kills first and they get nothing but killed a couple of hundred times before becoming usefull. Also the game has big advantages for unemployed players that can grind all time and get high lvl.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »
I like a lot of the gameplay changes to c-rpg, not so much the nerfs to equipment/items though.  It's been one nerf after another for the last 1.5 years, in most cases was completely unnecessary.  I'm still addicted as hell to the mod, but you see things get balanced and then unbalance something else in the process.  Happens almost every time something is nerfed.  I think the game was balanced when I first started playing it in the spring of 2011, and anyone whining for nerfs really was the problem (not the thing they were crying about).  But that's still the case today, nothing is overpowered, the game and classes are still relatively balanced, and every "strength" a class has, can be countered by a tactic, playstyle or piece of equipment. 

Trying to make all the classes completely "fair" and balanced with every other class is a huge problem.  The classes ARE supposed to be different from each other...that's the fucking point.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »
But that's still the case today, nothing is overpowered, the game and classes are still relatively balanced, and every "strength" a class has, can be countered by a tactic, playstyle or piece of equipment. 

Trying to make all the classes completely "fair" and balanced with every other class is a huge problem.  The classes ARE supposed to be different from each other...that's the fucking point.

I fear you see the things a little bit too simple.

First of all, the pure existance of a countermeasure doesn't make classes balanced. If there would be a plated charger + plated arbalest horse crossbowman class with over 100 armour, would it be balanced it it would be instantly killed if you hit the horse in the eye? How big are the chances that you succeed? How big are the chances to fail? Would the weak spot at the eye make this moving fortress balanced? I guess not.

And yes, classes are meant to be different, but still with the same overall effectivity. Difference in playstyle has no connection to being balanced or not. If different classes means everything is balanced, would identic classes mean everything is unbalanced? Or wouldn't the same classes mean that everything should be perfectly balanced? How can there be a connection between differences and balance, then, if you are able to make such paradox statements like I just did?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline rhaaz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2012, 07:44:40 pm »
 This game is now kiting and running ranged bundle of stickss....Good job chadz....Fkn cnt
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:51:54 pm by rhaaz »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »
+1
Fucking HX cav can suck a disk. This game is now kiting and running ranged bundle of stickss....Good job chadz....fucking retard

You ever heard of constructive criticism?  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2012, 07:58:14 pm »
This game is now kiting and running ranged bundle of stickss....Good job chadz....Fkn cnt

Haha you're a fucking idiot. 

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath